Must See TV for Fans of The Man in the High Castle and Basketball

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 9,815 Senior Member

New Alternate-History Drama Examines What Would Have Happened If **** Won 1991 NBA Finals

NEW YORK—Adding to its lineup an alternate-history drama that has been hotly anticipated by viewers and critics alike, the Showtime network will premiere an original series Sunday night that examines how the course of world events would have been altered if the **** had won the 1991 NBA Finals.

According to press materials, the new show, called One Thousand Rings, explores what might have happened had a Third Reich team led by Adolf **** defeated Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls to take home the NBA title. The series reportedly depicts Phil Jackson’s Triangle Offense failing to withstand the strategic onslaught of Coach Heinrich Himmler’s Final Solution, which leads to the emergence of the **** as a basketball powerhouse in the early ’90s.

“The show delves into Jordan’s near-maniacal pursuit of victory at all costs and imagines how he might have reacted when confronted with ****’s equally obsessive drive,” said showrunner Ryan Brady, describing a scene in which the ****, losing badly at halftime in game seven, are inspired to rally by a powerful speech in which the führer predicts a millennium of championships, which he calls the “thousand-ring reich.” “This isn’t about romanticizing the Third Reich or diminishing the achievements of the Bulls. It’s about, for example, imagining the smack talk between Scottie Pippen and power forward Josef Goebbels, who after a powerful dunk goes right up to the Bulls’ bench and tells them they are of inferior breeding.”

“The first episode ends with series MVP **** hoisting the Larry O’Brien Trophy at mid-court,” Brady added. “While a disgraced Jordan, sitting alone in the Bulls’ locker room, takes his own life.”...

...Showtime executives confirmed later episodes will tackle issues that would have arisen in the wake of a successful **** basketball franchise, including whether, with the Bulls out of the picture, Dennis Rodman would have joined the Third Reich after leaving the San Antonio Spurs in 1995...

...Who’s to say whether ****, after becoming the NBA’s most talented star, would have even remained a ****? He might have joined the Suns and helped Charles Barkley win a ring...

https://www.theonion.com/new-alternate-history-drama-examines-what-would-have-ha-1826222811

The onion hasn't lost it's bite.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,756 Senior Member

That’s hilarious!

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 304 Senior Member

What if: Erstwhile Donald Trump's had prevented Latino Desi Arnez from winning the role of Lucille Ball's husband on I love Lucy. Would the damage to Latino acceptance in the country have caused a reduction in illegal immigration and led to a modest increase in votes and victory for Hillary Clinton for president, averting the soon to come Trumpian nuclear missile exchanges with Iran and north Korea?

What if England had defeated the nascent states in our revolutionary war? How many more royal wedding stories would show up in my iPhone news feed? I’m inundated as it is! I would have started my own second revolution against the British Empire. Alas, it would have been doomed to fail when I stopped my attack on Trenton because there was an epic hatch on the Delaware.

I suppose the worst would have been if the Yankee forces had defeated the Canadian forces and incorporated what is now Canada into the USA. Would Canada have been "Texanized"? The mind boggles!

That was of course the Molson-Schlitz War of 1812-14!

Molson is ball sweat.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member

In the N*zi guys had won we might never have had the micro brewery explosion of recent years, and H might have retired to a life of painting third rate landscape watercolors and admiring his rings and trophies. Actually, that would not have been a bad thing.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member

@creekyguy said:
    What if: Erstwhile Donald Trump's had prevented Latino Desi Arnez from winning the role of Lucille Ball's husband on I love Lucy. Would the damage to Latino acceptance in the country have caused a reduction in illegal immigration and led to a modest increase in votes and victory for Hillary Clinton for president, averting the soon to come Trumpian nuclear missile exchanges with Iran and north Korea?

Wow! In that case the book and subsequent movie might have been called "The Polka Kings Play Songs of Love". Then again, the Desi Arnez character could have been Flaco Jiménez or another great Tex-Mex polka accordionist.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,720 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    What if England had defeated the nascent states in our revolutionary war? How many more royal wedding stories would show up in my iPhone news feed? I’m inundated as it is! I would have started my own second revolution against the British Empire. Alas, it would have been doomed to fail when I stopped my attack on Trenton because there was an epic hatch on the Delaware.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.