Caught in a crossfire hurricane

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 2,800 Senior Member

Or is it Ew ex that smell....

In the scheme of things, though, the problem is not that the FBI honored its confidentiality obligations in the Trump case while violating them in the Clinton case. The scandal is that the FBI, lacking the incriminating evidence needed to justify opening a criminal investigation of the Trump campaign, decided to open a counterintelligence investigation. With the blessing of the Obama White House, they took the powers that enable our government to spy on foreign adversaries and used them to spy on Americans — Americans who just happened to be their political adversaries.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/crossfire-hurricane-new-york-times-report-buries-lede/

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,808 Senior Member

Perhaps if Clinton associates or campaign executives had been engaged in phone calls with hostile foreign powers things might have turned out differently. The fact is, it was Trump's folks who were caught up in that particular web. You, Kelly Ann and Mr. McCarthy can spin alternative facts and fantasies until the cows come home, but that will not change reality.

Nice try. Not even close, no cigar by a long shot.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,800 Senior Member

We'll see. Hopefully you're right because it'll be ugly otherwise.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

Interesting----I again had issues with Exxon---but will concede he is accomplished

https://nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/politics/tillerson-truth-lies-american-democracy-trump.html

Lies, a threat to democracy? Holy crap, I thought that's what democracy was all these years. A bunch of people lying out their **** to get your vote. Then a guy comes along and does exactly what he promised and everybody's losing their ****. Crazy.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    Lies, a threat to democracy? Holy crap, I thought that's what democracy was all these years. A bunch of people lying out their **** to get your vote. Then a guy comes along and does exactly what he promised and everybody's losing their ****. Crazy.

Figure?---fast and loose with the truth was a campaign promise?---cuz he brings it to a new level

It just keeps getting worse....

The informant didn’t previously know the three men but offered to help with the campaign. He also threw money at Mr. Papadopoulos, and the stories even report the exact language of the message the informant sent to Mr. Papadopoulos offering him a $3,000 honorarium to write a research paper and a paid trip to London. Media accounts differ about whether the informant asked the three men what they knew about Russia. But this sure sounds like a classic attempt to make friends for intelligence-gathering purposes.

This ought to disturb anyone who wants law enforcement and U.S. intelligence services to stay out of partisan politics. We can’t recall a similar case, even in the J. Edgar Hoover days, when the FBI decided it needed to snoop on a presidential campaign. Devin Nunes, the House Intelligence Chairman, is seeking documents to learn exactly what happened, what triggered this FBI action, and how it was justified. This is precisely the kind of oversight that Congress should provide to assure Americans that their government isn’t spying illegally.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fbi-informant-who-wasnt-spying-1526854417

And it's nice to see some media covering it without the biased filters.

Stopping Mueller isn’t about one president or one party. It’s about all presidents and all parties. It’s about cleaning out and reforming the deep state so that our intelligence operations are never used against opposing campaigns without the firmest of evidence. It’s about letting people work for campaigns and administrations without needing legal defense funds. It’s about relying on our elections to decide our differences.

Mark Penn served as pollster and adviser to President Clinton from 1995 to 2000, including during his impeachment. He is chairman of the Harris Poll and author of “Microtrends Squared.” Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Penn.
    http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/388549-stopping-robert-mueller-to-protect-us-all

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,784 Senior Member

I'm amazed at the tolerance the right has about the concept of a foreign power involving themselves in the US democracy and the election process in particular. F'n amazed.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

With all due respect, the only solid indisputable evidence of Russian collusion with a candidate in the 2016 campaign so far was the DNC paying for a Russian Dossier. And yea, I'm appalled. But wait there's more...

edited May 21 #11

With all due respect Mike, you and the rest of the Trump brigade really need to pay attention to other sources of news besides Fox and the wacky right wing radio.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,162 Senior Member

What's with all this "with all due respect" nonsense? Someone call someone an ****.

This place is turning into a debating society. :)

edited May 21 #13

Laughable and typical response. Please show where I'm posting Fox news links?

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,285 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    What's with all this "with all due respect" nonsense? Someone call someone an ****.

This place is turning into a debating society. :)

With all due respect, Sherb... you're an ****.

@MikeA said:

It isn't a typical response. You refuse to discuss anything other that the rhetoric spewed by Fox and Friends and what the **** president says. If you were at all concerned about the possibility that there has been interference in our election process you would be with the majority of society that would like to see the conclusion of the investigation to be competed, instead you attack it just like your messiah.

Its a shell game and one that he can't continue to win.

If you were old enough, you would see the similarities to what Nixon did and history shows what happened there.

Holy crap d.o.u.c.h.e.b.a.g. is a forbidden word, ha!

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,808 Senior Member

****ing software.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,694 Senior Member

@MikeA said:

Are you wearing orange lipstick?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Blame the forum filters. > @Goldenladle said:

@MikeA said:

It isn't a typical response. You refuse to discuss anything other that the rhetoric spewed by Fox and Friends and what the **** president says. If you were at all concerned about the possibility that there has been interference in our election process you would be with the majority of society that would like to see the conclusion of the investigation to be competed, instead you attack it just like your messiah.

Its a shell game and one that he can't continue to win.

If you were old enough, you would see the similarities to what Nixon did and history shows what happened there.

That article was an op ed from Mark Penn, who served as an adviser on Bill's 1996 re-election campaign and was the chief strategist of Hillary's 2008 run.

edited May 22 #20

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

Are you wearing orange lipstick?

It must be hard for someone who refuses to see anything outside the Orbit of their political parties narrative to see it unraveling. Before you start the reverse phycology, remember that the people who voted Trump didn’t necessarily vote Republican. In fact I’d say the majority of them would have voted for him as an independent. They took the red pill.

“The proverbial Republican elite had become convinced that globalization, open borders, and free but unfair trade were either unstoppable or the fated future or simply irrelevant. Someone or something — even if painfully and crudely delivered — was bound to arise to remind the conservative Washington–New York punditocracy, the party elite, and Republican opinion makers that a third of the country had all but tuned them out. It was no longer sustainable to expect the conservative base to vote for more versions of sober establishmentarians like McCain and Romney just because they were Republicans, well-connected, well-résuméd, well-known, well-behaved, and played by the gloves-on Marquess of Queensberry political rules. Instead, such men and much of orthodox Republican ideology were suspect.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/trump-rationale-why-voters-chose-him-and-support-him-now/

edited May 22 #21

delete

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,694 Senior Member

You obviously have no sense of irony.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file