Philosophical query for Gary-serious replies only please

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 2,167 Senior Member

Would you rather roll coal in a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. :)

Replies

  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    edited May 15 #2

    Dodge is my tool of choice for ruining the environment. Best darn 6 cylinder ever.

    I transferred my registration up to my sisters (no emission test needed) so I could chip it. It pulls like a beast now. I rolled coal one time just to try it. It really pours it out if you try. Now I just need a mullet.

  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,167 Senior Member

    @CO Native said:
    Dodge is my tool of choice for ruining the environment. Best darn 6 cylinder ever.

    I transferred my registration up to my sisters (no emission test needed) so I could chip it. It pulls like a beast now. I rolled coal one time just to try it. It really pours it out if you try. Now I just need a mullet.

    There is so much here to work with. You're like one of those random dudes that lives out in the hinterlands where few East-coast reporters fear to tread. Gingerly, they approach. So, sir. . . we are out here in the boonies interviewing Trump supporters. We don't know any. Could you tell us your thoughts?

  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,167 Senior Member

    The redneck that launched a thousand NYT thinkpieces.

  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

    For the foreigners---what is "Roll Coal"?

  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,816 Senior Member
    edited May 16 #6

    They roll more green than coal now. :)

  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,812 Senior Member
    edited May 16 #7

    Screw rolling coal with Detroit iron, what you need is a chipped VW V10 diesel.

    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,703 Senior Member

    @Bushart said:
    For the foreigners---what is "Roll Coal"?

    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

    Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 888 Senior Member

    Quite seriously, one of the most inane practices ever developed by gap-toothed Neanderthals.

    Jim

  • bmmikebmmike Posts: 92 Member

    I would roll coal in a Toyota or maybe a Subaru Baja.

  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,708 Senior Member

    @FishTX said:

    @Bushart said:
    For the foreigners---what is "Roll Coal"?

    We actually have a few of these idiots in Utah.

    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,708 Senior Member

    @FishTX said:

    @Bushart said:
    For the foreigners---what is "Roll Coal"?

    We actually have a few of these idiots in Utah.

    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

    What are they doing to their vehicles to get the black crap?.
    I know diesels run cleaner now a days--adding something?

    And a bigger question...Why?

  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member

    @Bushart said:
    What are they doing to their vehicles to get the black crap?.
    I know diesels run cleaner now a days--adding something?

    And a bigger question...Why?

    Why first and it's easy - they are morons (not to be confused with Mormons).
    How - Overload the cylinders with fuel. I have a Cummins that I have chipped. That allows me to override the computer for 2 reasons:
    Fuel economy when not towing
    Dump more fuel when pulling hard.

    So if you set it on 5 (1-5, I NEVER use 5), the fuel pump is putting out a LOT of fuel, spool the turbo by power braking and then let go of the brake and hammer it, the spooled turbo then pushes all that fuel (more than it can burn), so it's half burned and pushed out in the form of black smoke.

    Every time they do that, they are dumping a LOT of fuel, so it's like throwing a $5 bill out the tailpipe at them.

    Must admit, there are a LOT of bikers around here that deserve to get smoked.

  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member

    @sherb said:

    There is so much here to work with. You're like one of those random dudes that lives out in the hinterlands where few East-coast reporters fear to tread. Gingerly, they approach. So, sir. . . we are out here in the boonies interviewing Trump supporters. We don't know any. Could you tell us your thoughts?

    I have no need to worry about them approaching me as I have my stickers on my trucks: Welcome to Colorado - NOW GO HOME!!!!
    Not to mention the AR sitting in the rack in the back window.

  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,282 Senior Member

    @sherb said:
    Would you rather roll coal in a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. :)

    Nissan. Won't touch the domestic products.

    https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/trucks/titan-xd.html

  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,816 Senior Member

    @NZ Indicator said:

    @sherb said:
    Would you rather roll coal in a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. :)

    Nissan. Won't touch the domestic products.

    https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/trucks/titan-xd.html

    ;)

  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,282 Senior Member

    It does use the same cummins engine as Dodge, but that's about it.

  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,167 Senior Member

    @CO Native said:

    @Bushart said:
    What are they doing to their vehicles to get the black crap?.
    I know diesels run cleaner now a days--adding something?

    And a bigger question...Why?

    Why first and it's easy - they are morons (not to be confused with Mormons).
    How - Overload the cylinders with fuel. I have a Cummins that I have chipped. That allows me to override the computer for 2 reasons:
    Fuel economy when not towing
    Dump more fuel when pulling hard.

    So if you set it on 5 (1-5, I NEVER use 5), the fuel pump is putting out a LOT of fuel, spool the turbo by power braking and then let go of the brake and hammer it, the spooled turbo then pushes all that fuel (more than it can burn), so it's half burned and pushed out in the form of black smoke.

    Every time they do that, they are dumping a LOT of fuel, so it's like throwing a $5 bill out the tailpipe at them.

    Must admit, there are a LOT of bikers around here that deserve to get smoked.

    Or, you could just not clean your injectors for a while. Same diff.

  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,550 Senior Member

    I have never seen a Nissan on TRUCK NIGHT IN AMERICA. :p

    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member

    @NZ Indicator said:
    It does use the same cummins engine as Dodge, but that's about it.

    It uses a Cummins, but not the same one as in the Dodge.

  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,282 Senior Member

    I should have said Cummins like Dodge.

  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

    @CO Native said:

    @Bushart said:
    What are they doing to their vehicles to get the black crap?.
    I know diesels run cleaner now a days--adding something?

    And a bigger question...Why?

    Why first and it's easy - they are morons (not to be confused with Mormons).
    How - Overload the cylinders with fuel. I have a Cummins that I have chipped. That allows me to override the computer for 2 reasons:
    Fuel economy when not towing
    Dump more fuel when pulling hard.

    So if you set it on 5 (1-5, I NEVER use 5), the fuel pump is putting out a LOT of fuel, spool the turbo by power braking and then let go of the brake and hammer it, the spooled turbo then pushes all that fuel (more than it can burn), so it's half burned and pushed out in the form of black smoke.

    Every time they do that, they are dumping a LOT of fuel, so it's like throwing a $5 bill out the tailpipe at them.

    Must admit, there are a LOT of bikers around here that deserve to get smoked.

    Thanks---That explains it
    my l'il ford escape will just have to watch--or not

  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,812 Senior Member

    As I said, if you're serious about it, get a VW V-10 Diesel and chip it. You also could start a Pikes Peak drag race series and enjoy watching Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan guys choking on your smoke.


    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member

    My wife's car is an Audi Q5 3.0 liter turbo diesel. It's had a little work done at APR (where my nephew works).
    It will do 0-60 in under 4 seconds now, but I'd never hook it up to my Cummins. If I did, the Q5 would soon be a Q7 (if you know what I mean) .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file