So In The Dark Corners Of Shawshank...

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 2,710 Senior Member

Does the phrase........HEY, HEY, HEY!!!....IT'S FAT ALBERT!!!
Take on a whole new meaning?

Replies

• EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 480 Senior Member

Well....the novella Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption came out in 1982 but the setting was a fictional prison in 1947.....the character Fat Albert who is attributed with saying 'Hey Hey Hey...it's Fat Albert' first appeared in a comedy routine on Cosby's 1967 album Revenge, which is twenty years from the fictional setting of Shawshank but 15 before the novella was released....of course the Fat Albert prime time special appeared in '69, and the series in '72...the movie Shawshank Redemption came out in '94....and Cosby himself was found guilty of three counts of sexual assault earlier today...April 26 of 2018 of course....but he hasn't been sentenced and sent to prison yet....might not ever....Sooooooo....I'm thinking....especially in light of the fact that Shawshank was fictional.....Sure...if you say so...it takes on a whole new meaning...at the least in your mind anyway...of you want it to! And not that it matters because it doesn't but I'd be fine with it too

Hey...You asked...didn't you? It looked like you asked! Didn't it look like he asked?

;)

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,710 Senior Member

Hey Hex....I was hoping you were true to your word and were not going to engage me further--but apparently not?

You know I've lived my life by a few rules and will continue to do so

1. Respect my Parents
    2. Never cheat or steal
    3. And never have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

Oh did I type Hex...my bad---must have been a typo...I meant Pio......ah never mind-----who are you again?

Nobody of any significance! Just another mouth breathing stinky butt with a head movie like the +7.5 billion rest of the people on this rock.

Hey...do you think any other species have head movies or do they all think only in about things that are real and tangible?

BTW...you forgot two more rules...at the lodge you can have discussions...and conversations...and those two were about it I seem to remember...yep...that was about it...I remember because you stated each of them twice!

What seems apparent is you have an axe to grind here and wish to shut this forum down---for reasons only float between your ears

You may succeed --but at the end of the day----what really have you accomplished?

So please don't mind me everybody...carry on with the discussion...or conversation...I always get confused which one is which...and let me help remind you.....since Cosby was found guilty of three counts of sexual assault today...despite not being sentenced and sent to prison..which might ever happen...does the phrase 'Hey Hey Hey its Fat Albert!' take on new meaning in the fictional Shawshank prison?

Discuss:

Check #3 on life lessons

Do trolls on discussion forums have a place?
    Discuss

I hope you don't think I'm trolliing, if you do let me assure you I'm just discussing!

As to your question, if it's a forum where authority to make the rules have stated only discussions are allowed, NO...of course not! Trolling doesn't have a place there.

But here it is explicitly stated by the proprietors that the lodge is a forum where people can debate topics not meant for discussion on the other forums.

And I'm saying this only to remind you if necessary that sometimes debate can be misconstrued or misinterpreted as trolling since people have different views and opinions and beliefs that some people might find personally upsetting or mistakenly take personally when it wasn't, it was simply debate, or differing opinion or belief!

We're not all the same, I'm just saying that, not implying you didn't know that, I'm certain you did...do!

Of course the same thing is true of discussions and conversations, there are sooooooooo many reasons why people can misinterpret them as trolls because they are upsetting or elicit an undesirable response when it wasn't personal at all, it was just discussing without any malicious intent but what was said was upsetting to somebody.

So let me assure you again, I have no malicious intent, and since you've explicitly stated you expect only discussions or conversations those are the only two forms of engagement you will ever get from me!

Nothing is apparent here except what you've explicitly stated, that you 'think' I have an axe to grind and 'want' to shut the board down.

I don't on both counts. Any intent at all would be purely benevolently intended.

From the whitest of white to the blackest of black and all the colors and level of hues and saturation and luminance in between....take any three words....such as 'I love you'....and consider all the meanings and intent and attitude and more they can have....its hard enough to know which one most people are conveying when they are right in front of you and you can see and hear all the cues you might need without asking and its even harder if not impossible to do in text...

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,739 Senior Member

I think the term Jello Fudge Pop is going to take on new meaning.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,957 Senior Member

If he goes to prison he will never see gen pop. He will be in club med.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

@fishingcomic said:
    I think the term Jello Fudge Pop is going to take on new meaning.

Now that made me laugh! Let's just hope he's awake for it, unlike his victims...allegedly...all couple hundred of them!

Yeah...I know...it was more like 40...50...right?

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member

@Buford said:

I agree, but I think you mean Club Fed. ;-)
    At his age the only thing he's going to give up in prison is the long walk to the bathroom at night (assuming his bedroom is huge now). So it will be handier for him.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,814 Senior Member

@Buford said:

The prison won't put a sex offender in gen pop. Not unless they want a dead prisoner. He'll be in a special unit for housing sex offenders and/or the elderly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.