Pour One More Sip

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,536 Senior Member

For the GOP House majority. Not dead yet, but November is going to be tough sledding for the Republicans.
Conor Lamb appears to have won in a district that Trump carried by 20 points.

Below is an article stating that the GOP is going to challenge the results, which, being so close is a prudent thing to do.

post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2018/03/14/GOP-to-challenge-District-13-results-seek-to-impound-all-voting-machines-used-in-special-election-pennsylvania-congress-rick-saccone-conor-lamb/stories/201803140110

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,536 Senior Member

PS Proud of my Steelers fan and Democratic brethren for turning out and picking up a house seat that has been in Republican hands for 20 years.

Sorry Wayne and thanks, Trump!

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

Ya mean Trump's visit didn't seal that deal?

Guess the electorate is quoting Mr. Scott,, "Fool me once---shame on you----Fool me twice--Shame on me"

@Bushart said:
    Ya mean Trump's visit didn't seal that deal?

I know, right? He's the most popular president in history according to Faux news.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,212 Senior Member
    edited March 15 #5

The pendulum continues to swing back and forth. The guy seems to be a straight shooter...

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,777 Senior Member

Sadly, his constituents will change next year when his district changes. He will have to run again in 11 months.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Yes but it will not be in a gerrymandered district. That was the silver lining in all of this. If he had lost, he still had a great chance of winning in the newly formed district.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,748 Senior Member

He's a welcome breath of fresh air to the party of stale old farts. Congrats are in order.

edited March 16 #9

@MikeA said:
    He's a welcome breath of fresh air to the party of stale old farts. Congrats are in order.

Wait... What? You do know he is a Democrat, right?

@MikeA said:

And he is against Pelosi, which is also a breath of fresh air! Hopefully more Dems will be emboldened to run on a platform that includes the need for a new Speaker... er... minority leader. ;)

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,734 Senior Member

I hope the Party as a whole gets the message that centrist Dems can win, leftists probably not. While I personally might agree more with Warren than someone like Lamb, IMO keeping Pelosi as Leader is akin to shooting oneself in the foot, and running Warren in 2020 would be shooting oneself in the temple.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@George K said:
    I hope the Party as a whole gets the message that centrist Dems can win, leftists probably not. While I personally might agree more with Warren than someone like Lamb, IMO keeping Pelosi as Leader is akin to shooting oneself in the foot, and running Warren in 2020 would be shooting oneself in the temple.

4tehwin, right here^^^

@Shawn C. said:

@MikeA said:

And he is against Pelosi, which is also a breath of fresh air! Hopefully more Dems will be emboldened to run on a platform that includes the need for a new Speaker... er... minority leader. ;)

And while they're at it, get rid of the anti Semitic Deputy chair as well.

@Goldenladle said:

@MikeA said:

Wait... What? You do know his a Democrat, right?

Our democracy is much safer with a healthy mix of center weighted members from both parties.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,212 Senior Member
    edited March 16 #15

The pendulum always continues to swing back and forth...> @Goldenladle said:

@MikeA said:

He's a conservative democrat!!! He loves guns and is pro gun rights!!!

That's gotta ruffle a few lefty feathers eh?

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,734 Senior Member

" Our democracy is much safer with a healthy mix of center weighted members from both parties."

I could not agree more.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 973 Senior Member

@George K said:

" Our democracy is much safer with a healthy mix of center weighted members from both parties."

I could not agree more.

I third this. If only the rest of the voting population understood this.

@NZ Indicator said:

@MikeA said:

I don't know why you guys think Liberals are totally against guns, most of us are not. Still, he is a Democrat and all that entails.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,580 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

@MikeA said:

But he opposes the Trump tax plan, believes in universal health care and protecting SS and Medicare.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,580 Senior Member

@CO Native said:

@George K said:

I could not agree more.

I third this. If only the rest of the voting population understood this.

You mean the Trump voters?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file