Say goodbye to Rex

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 2,403 Senior Member

The CNBC report doesn't make it clear who launched on whom.
The new Secretary of State will be the current head of the CIA.

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

I have never been a big Exxon fan---but I believe Rex commanded respect---and could have been the smartest of that entire crew on the hill

Speculation has Tillerson condemning Russian actions in Britain---and "The Don" not backing that up

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,795 Senior Member

The fake news about this that was broadcast last fall has turned into real news.

It is my opinion that Trump wants a pure military cabinet, they all operate and live by the chain of command.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member

And then fired's State's spokesman. Wow.

So---head of FBI and Sec. of State
    Some may argue 2 very powerful jobs---worldwide

Both fired via Tweet--unknowingly---not even close to fitting

At least Stormy got an unsigned letter of understanding

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 900 Senior Member

Back in the post-election cabinet-forming days, didn't some high ranking admiral comment that he "wouldn't work for that --it sandwich on a bet?" It seems like he's sounding smarter and smarter as the months drag on.

Jim

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member

I wish I could fire employees via Twitter. I'd probably fire a lot more.

I wish I had employees, I'm getting too old to do everything.

I watched a republican strategist dumping all over Tillerson today---saying the State Dept. staff was totally unhappy with him at the top---contrary to any reports??

But the best part--he said Rex was not effective as he had zero gov't experience---and he said it with a straight face
    Cuz the 1st thing to my mind was---you mean like his boss

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,947 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #11

Tillerson may well have been the only Trump cabinet member who was qualified for the position he or she was named to.This despite being willing to hollow-out the State Dept. as Trump ordered. The Cabinet now approaches Trumpian perfection.

Apparently he was fired on Friday and made the remarks about Putin on Monday. As much as I would like to believe those remarks triggered Putin's ordering his poodle to fire Rex, I don't think it's true.

Pompeo is not military. Prior to becoming Trump's **** kissing CIA Director he was a Tea Party Congressman.

Gina Haspel, the career CIA officer named to succeed Pompeo may see rough sledding in the Senate. It appears she was involved in murky renditions and other illegal dirty tricks, according to NPR.

If this is draining the swamp, then I really am Tom Mix, albeit in zombie form.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

We all can form an opinion based on what "fake News" or "Alternative Facts" is released to the public
    And none of us here have sat in the private meetings to know 100%

So we're left with personal observations based on public performance
    So to contrast the 2

Rex showed himself to be calm, intelligent, forward thinking and well spoken

Whereas last wkd. in Penn State...The Donald at a rally immediately defaulted to Schoolyard Bully name calling of the Dem candidate.

Is Washington living a real time Bizzaro time?....Because The guy who carried himself "Presidential"---got fired today

And to comment on what George says of Pompeo----reports across the board paint him Trump's yes man---so hopefully the Don doesn't hatch anything too nuts---cuz the filter may be gone

@George K said:
    Tillerson may well have been the only Trump cabinet member who was qualified for the position he or she was named to.This despite being willing to hollow-out the State Dept. as Trump ordered. The Cabinet now approaches Trumpian perfection.

Apparently he was fired on Friday and made the remarks about Putin on Monday. As much as I would like to believe those remarks triggered Putin's ordering his poodle to fire Rex, I don't think it's true.

Pompeo is not military. Prior to becoming Trump's **** kissing CIA Director he was a Tea Party Congressman.

Gina Haspel, the career CIA officer named to succeed Pompeo may see rough sledding in the Senate. It appears she was involved in murky renditions and other illegal dirty tricks, according to NPR.

If this is draining the swamp, then I really am Tom Mix, albeit in zombie form.

He graduated first in his class at West Point. From 1986 to 1991, Pompeo served in the U.S. Army as an Armor Branch cavalry officer.[2] He served as a United States Cavalry officer patrolling the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall.[11] He also served with the 2nd Squadron, 7th Cavalry in the 4th Infantry Division in the Gulf War.

I wasn't a fan of Tillerson, but the way he was fired was atrocious. The weak and chicken **** Captain Intellect sent out a tweet that thanked Tillerson for his service and that Pompeo would take over.

Our Foreign Minister (Counterpart) and Tillerson hit it off very well

I take your point, but when I think "military" I think career. Someone who spent a lifetime under chain of command discipline, not a vet who became a Tea Party hack.

I served in the Army as well, that doesn't make me "military" in the sense that Kelly and Mattis are. Back in the '60s I knew an Annapolis grad who had been XO on the Nautilus and was as hard **** as could be. Two years later he was a dope-smokin' hippy freak. He wasn't "military either". My then-girlfriend's sister had a good influence on him. :)

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,792 Senior Member

@George K said:
    Tillerson may well have been the only Trump cabinet member who was qualified for the position he or she was named to.

I'd say Mattis is extremely qualified

I'm not on much of a limb here....I like this guy's style

You wanted someone different---not tainted by the norm that is Washington

Hillary just said yesterday in India...."America did not deserve Donald Trump"

Cept the clown got nominated---the Common Sense just got let go

This is just wrong

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8uZPo3vvavY

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,403 Senior Member

Remember when Tillerson was a corporate **** for Exxon who could only be trusted to help out his friends and not act in the best interests of the country?

And he was a greedy son of a **** for not giving up his huge retirement benefits in order to serve in the cabinet?

Yeah, I don't remember that either.

And **** is up with the stars?

Yeah. Those stars.

You said a naughty word and the modern software that we find ourselves in didn't like it.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,918 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    Remember when Tillerson was a corporate **** for Exxon who could only be trusted to help out his friends and not act in the best interests of the country?

And he was a greedy son of a **** for not giving up his huge retirement benefits in order to serve in the cabinet?

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 709 Senior Member

I remember all of those things and probably said some of them. But, in the blizzaro world we are in-a world where a moderate-liberal like myself now has fond feelings for Mitt Romney and GW Bush, even though I didn't like them at the times they were front and center--I see Tillerson's departure as a negative thing. For one thing his recognition of the President as a ******* moron showed that he has insight.

I said 1st post---Not a fan of The Exxon history...What happened to Cordova Alaska was criminal

However he was like an Island of calm and reason in an otherwise tire fire---maybe he looks good cuz the contrast is so wide

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member

Yep, Steven I do. Glad to say I was wrong about that and it is really bad that he got canned.

Well the Middle East is uneasy as well on this move

I did notice one of Trump's 1st references after Rex was "Iran"

Well apparently---Iran noticed as well

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member

Meh. The utterances of a semi-illiterate idiot. I don't think he remembers 1/3 of the **** that comes out of his vile cake hole.
    But having one less adult in the room is really bad news.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,887 Senior Member

@Steven said:

He still is or was or whatever. He has only uttered one sentence I ever agreed with.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@jbilly said:

@George K said:
    Tillerson may well have been the only Trump cabinet member who was qualified for the position he or she was named to.

I'd say Mattis is extremely qualified

Perhaps, but civilian control of the military is an important part of our history and culture. Even retired Generals heading DOD strike me as being less than ideal.

@Steven said:

You are confusing qualified for the position with desirable in the position. The latter is a political judgement, the former is not.

Were Trump to create a Secretary of Good News and Propaganda, for example, either Koch brother would be qualified;but I for one would find neither desirable for the job. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file