Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,947 Senior Member

Is there an after market selector switch? How about 50 round magazines?

Asking for a friend.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,047 Senior Member

Just trying to see how far they can push it. Would be fun to shoot one time, but that is totally ridiculous.

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 900 Senior Member

May the marketer's along with Amos Gulan's toes be toasted in the seventh layer of hell.

Jim

edited March 10 #5

I got to try out a street sweeper owned by an unreconstructed Rhodesian when I lived in Johannesburg, but I never was tempted to buy one. It is a formidable weapon. Back in the '70s I got to shoot a couple of magazines at full auto in an Uzi when I went on a target shoot with the Marine Security Guard detachment in Asuncion. Let's just say that at anything over 50-60 feet a barn door would be safe.

An interesting aside - South African entrepreneurs were quick to respond to the incredible wave of carjackings in the mid-'90s. In addition to pioneering immobilizers, they sold customers of all races many protective devices. My two favorites were the button activated undercarriage flame throwers and the motorized spring-loaded scythes that could sever a leg just above the ankle. For real, this is not a joke. I relied on using only my office car at night - a hot rod V6 Camry not sold in the USA; around 320HP, ZF manual transmission and Brembo brakes and suspension tuned to match. Oh, and ignoring red lights when cross traffic allowed. :)

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,878 Senior Member

It jammed I'll pass.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,366 Senior Member

Did you say Flame thrower?

edited March 10 #8

They weren't quite that cool, but they were gruesomely effective.

and
    https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/top-5-unique-south-african-car-security-innovations/42044/

I seem to recall that the scythe/sword thing actually was built, back around 1995, shortly before I returned to the United States.

As cool as the flame thrower is, I couldn't have one. I'd use it on the morons that drive in the left lane and don't pass. There would be a LOT of cars between here and Denver with melted paint on their passenger door ;-)

My dream accessory would be mini heat seeking missiles to deal the many left lane bandits around here, and their cousins, who cut you off, zooming out of cross roads, and then go 10 mph below the speed limit. :D

@George K said:
    and their cousins, who cut you off, zooming out of cross roads, and then go 10 mph below the speed limit. :D

And have the nerve to flip you off if you honk at them. If we could remove just the worst drivers from our population, we'd have no issues with overcrowding, because there are sooooo many.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,322 Senior Member

@George K said:
    My dream accessory would be mini heat seeking missiles to deal the many left lane bandits around here, and their cousins, who cut you off, zooming out of cross roads, and then go 10 mph below the speed limit. :D

Down here we call those "Canadians."

Or Yankees.

edited March 12 #13

We call down there "Speedtrapistan".

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

@breamfisher said:

@George K said:

Down here we call those "Canadians."

Or Yankees.

Still miffed ya'll lost the war of 1812...eh? ;)

Nope. But when you send your blue-hairs down here to drive slow in both lanes, with the blinker on, and make sudden stops or turns.... well it gets annoying.

@breamfisher said:
    Nope. But when you send your blue-hairs down here to drive slow in both lanes, with the blinker on, and make sudden stops or turns.... well it gets annoying.

WELL.....we had to ship em somewhere

Nope. Y'all can keep 'em.

I saw a Quebecistanian driving a bike around in a trailer for bike week. His enclosed trailer was constructed of wood framing wrapped in shrink-wrap. Didn't get a photo as I was driving.

Somehow I aint surprised....."Hey Jacques...The three of us...are quite a pair!" :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file