Jeff Sessions, RINO

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,721 Senior Member
    What are they blocking at every turn?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Good deal!!! Keep deporting all the illegal ones!!!

I don't know why I expected you to not ignore the point.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,820 Senior Member
    What are they blocking at every turn?

The wall, DACA, Sanctuary cities, To name a few.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,288 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »

**** obstructionists!!!
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member

Wow! a wall to block the wall.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,616 Senior Member
    **** the wall. Dumbest idea ever.

Also, will one of you rightwads please let the group know what you think a ‘sanctuary city’ is? I’d love to hear your definition.

Please also defend the Trump Administration’s proposal to cut legal immigration by 1/2.

So because they will not allow punishing cities and states for exercising their rights and wanting to protect people that have been living here their entire lives they are blocking him at every turn? I thought he already promised to compromise on DACA. Where has he been willing to compromise? I guess it depends if you ask him on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. They have been willing to give him funding for the wall Trump promised would be paid for by Mexico, so where are they blocking him at every turn?
    Can any of you leftwads tell me how many people have crossed over our border illegally in the last 20 years? How many illegal crossings were prevented by Obamas’ plan? Bush’s plan? Clintons Plan? Daddy Bush? How many people from who knows where are residing in the US illegally right now? How much are we spending on logistics to deport these people when we find them? How much are we spending in the judicial process to deport them, only to have them walk back across. I read this morning where a Judge heard a case for a man who had been deported 25 times. He’s been through our court system, found guilty, and deported 25 times! If I have to go through the court system 5 times I’ll end up homeless from court fees and attorney costs.

So, while the wall is not a perfect solution, it’s at least SOMETHING that could actually prevent crossings. That’s a lot more than I can say about any of the past admins who have willfully allowed this problem to grow and grow.
    Actually under Obama it went down.

If you really want them to stop coming, give a serious prison sentence to those that knowingly hire them and provide them with documents. The bottom line is people like Trump like the pressure that illegal workers put on wages for blue collar jobs and they have no interest in accepting culpability for them being here.
    So, while the wall is not a perfect solution, it’s at least SOMETHING that could actually prevent crossings. That’s a lot more than I can say about any of the past admins who have willfully allowed this problem to grow and grow.

Actually it will have no impact whatsoever.

BTW you did not answer the question.
    Actually under Obama it went down.

If you really want them to stop coming, give a serious prison sentence to those that knowingly hire them and provide them with documents. The bottom line is people like Trump like the pressure that illegal workers put on wages for blue collar jobs and they have no interest in accepting culpability for them being here.

Oh yea,, that's our answer more people in prison for non violent crimes... It went down. I heard that before. How exactly do we know it went down. How do we know anything about what's coming and going across and under that border. Answer, we don't.

I can't answer the same question twice.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,285 Senior Member
    it went down.

But that's nothing to crow about. A sucky economy doesn't attract illegal immigrants.
    But it is proof you can solve the problem by eliminating the jobs.
    Oh yea,, that's our answer more people in prison for non violent crimes... It went down. I heard that before. How exactly do we know it went down. How do we know anything about what's coming and going across and under that border. Answer, we don't.

I can't answer the same question twice.

You haven't answered it once.
    But it is proof you can solve the problem by eliminating the jobs.

This assumes that legal enforcement would actually be a deterrent.

Maybe. Maybe not.
    You throw a guy in prison for ten or twenty years, it will be. A wall won't be.

Why do we assume all illegals are Mexican any way?

We don't. They could just as easily be jihadists.
    There are laws in the books with severe consequences for knowingly hiring illegals. I've seen buisness shut down in my little town over this. It's not had any effect. How is throwing people in jail for 20 years for exploiting a loophole that our own gov have turned a blind eye to for decades going to solve anything. It'll just cost taxpayers even more money.

I only wish this were the hot thread on the lodge this week. God Bless the families in Fl. So tired of this.
    Because it does not get prosecuted and the time can easily be avoided. Did anyone at Tyson go to prison? No because it was easy to defeat the law. But come on, they knew what they were doing.

Have a successful prosecution and serious time and the problem goes away. A wall will not stop anyone. They build tunnels to get drug lords out of prison for cripes sake.
    We don't. They could just as easily be jihadists.
    There are laws in the books with severe consequences for knowingly hiring illegals. I've seen buisness shut down in my little town over this. It's not had any effect. How is throwing people in jail for 20 years for exploiting a loophole that our own gov have turned a blind eye to for decades going to solve anything. It'll just cost taxpayers even more money.

I only wish this were the hot thread on the lodge this week. God Bless the families in Fl. So tired of this.

Close the loophole.

The wall is going to cost 100's of billions.

I don't.

People commit crimes all the time despite prison because people are greedy. Just saying.

Of the 11 million or so illegals in this country, roughly half of them are Mexican and the rest from other countries. Being that is the case, most people will think "Mexicans" when thinking about or discussing illegals.

Mexicans have long been the largest origin group among unauthorized immigrants – and the majority for at least a decade

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/25/as-mexican-share-declined-u-s-unauthorized-immigrant-population-fell-in-2015-below-recession-level/

But "Illegals" is the operative word here which for the sake of discussion means "criminal" according to our laws.

So what's wrong with deporting criminals and sending them back or doing something to keep them from entering the country illegally?

We do have a legal pathway to citizenship you know.
    A pathway that takes decades and Trump wants to make it harder.

We have a statute of limitations for ****, why not illegal immigration?
    Steven wrote: »
    I don't.

People commit crimes all the time despite prison because people are greedy. Just saying.

It will still work better than a worthless POS wall.
    Haven't built one yet. How would you know for sure?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,829 Senior Member
    A wall might work very well, especially if it were like the one that used to separate East and West Berlin, with mines, guard towers and guards with orders to shoot to kill. But is this what we want for our country? For the me just the image of a high wall is repulsive, and it probably wouldn't work all that well without the DDR-style enhancements.

Trump is a demagogue, an authoritarian at heart, with little concern for, and even less knowledge of the Constitution and our democratic traditions. His obsession with a wall is a reflection of that. He is a third-string Father Coughlin or Huey Long and his famous "base" the same sort that spawned pro-**** and pro-fascist movements during the 1930s when conditions throughout the country were far, far worse than they are in today's left-behind-by-the-modern-economy areas from which he draws his greatest support.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    A wall might work very well, especially if it were like the one that used to separate East and West Berlin, with mines, guard towers and guards with orders to shoot to kill. But is this what we want for our country? For the me just the image of a high wall is repulsive, and it probably wouldn't work all that well without the DDR-style enhancements.

How about one like the Yuma sector? Does that repulse you?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/08/22/homeland-security-secretary-border-walls-work-yuma-sector-proves-it-elaine-duke-column/586853001/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/22/border-fencing-more-agents-and-prosecutions-cause-/
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,287 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

Trump is a demagogue, an authoritarian at heart, with little concern for, and even less knowledge of the Constitution and our democratic traditions. His obsession with a wall is a reflection of that. He is a third-string Father Coughlin or Huey Long and his famous "base" the same sort that spawned pro-**** and pro-fascist movements during the 1930s when conditions throughout the country were far, far worse than they are in today's left-behind-by-the-modern-economy areas from which he draws his greatest support.
    I'm hoping for a Demilitarized Zone like they have separating the two Koreas.

Maybe get some special displays going by the military troops (I know, wrong countries shown here, but I think something like this would work well.)
    Steven wrote: »
    Haven't built one yet. How would you know for sure?

There are walls already.
    But by 2012, visa overstays accounted for 58 percent of all new unauthorized immigrants. A wall not only will do nothing to stop these people from entering, but it may actually incentivize more people to stick around without authorization.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file