If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

167891012»

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,725 Senior Member
    Thanks Trump. An extra $20 showed up on my check today.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,476 Senior Member
    Wow you can supersize. That should stimulate the economy.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Over a year it amounts to $1040 which could mean a lot of things...

It means I can fill the gas tank in my truck 20 more times during a year. Which means I will recreate outdoors more than usual.

It's enough to pay for a new fly rod and reel combo.

It's enough to buy a nice set of high end Simms Waders.

It enough to pay for my fishing trip out west this year.

It's enough to take my wife out to dinner an additional 20-30 more times than I normally do.

It's enough to pay for a new set of tires for my truck.

I could send it to my Roth IRA and earn more money with the power of compound interest.

The choices are endless. What you gonna do with your extra ~$1000?
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,550 Senior Member

I approve of this message.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    Over a year it amounts to $1040 which could mean a lot of things...

It means I can fill the gas tank in my truck 20 more times during a year. Which means I will recreate outdoors more than usual.

It's enough to pay for a new fly rod and reel combo.

It enough to pay for my fishing trip out west this year.

It's enough to take my wife out to dinner an additional 20-30 more times than I normally do.

It's enough to pay for a new set of tires for my truck.

I could send it to my Roth IRA and earn more money with the power of compound interest.

The choices are endless. What you gonna do with your extra ~$1000?

Nice for you. Better for Trump who probably got tens of millions.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Dow is down, apparently because Interest rates are going up. Inflation has always been a Republican concern about deficit spending, which is how much of your tax cut is financed. Bottom line, higher interest rates, inflation, and a lower Dow etc, may eat up your raise. Regardless, enjoy your largess.
    Nice for you.

Exactly!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The oligarchs are grateful for your support.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,907 Senior Member
    Apparently I should have posted this here not a different thread.

57f58795e375332d902d1da4bac2e5e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it is sad that you are so cheaply purchased. When the deficit goes up, you lose medicare and you can't collect social security until you are 80 it will all be worth it.
    Absolutely. If I could keep paying SS until my folks die. Then stop when they do and never collect a dime of it as long as my kids never had to pay in I’d sign on the dotted line in a blink of an eye. If planned my retirement to assume I won’t get a penny. If I could take what I’m paying in when my folks die and invest I’d be able to retire even earlier. Would do it without hesitation.
    How much do you think your health insurance would cost you without Medicare? More than $40 a month for sure.
    I think it is sad that you are so cheaply purchased. When the deficit goes up, you lose medicare and you can't collect social security until you are 80 it will all be worth it.
    Not worried. I'm retiring in 9 years

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    How long do you think it will take for them to make those changes?
    How much do you think your health insurance would cost you without Medicare? More than $40 a month for sure.

$40 per month? Who pays that?
    How long do you think it will take for them to make those changes?

None of what you are saying will come to fruition. Maybe, just maybe, SS will disappear but I have done my retirement planning as if SS will not exist at all. If it's not there no big deal. If it is, then bonus.
167891012»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.