So happy I no longer live near that loney bin

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,706 Senior Member
    Republicans will never go after the employers. The current penalty is a fine that they never have to pay. Sanctuary cities do not make a dent in the problem. Nothing is preventing ICE from doing their job. Sanctuary helps law enforcement do theirs.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Anything is better than nothing. Illegal immigration is down since he took office and that's a step in the right direction.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    Illegal immigration was down for 4 years before he took office. Since none of them ever pay even the minimal fines, anything is nothing.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Great insight, I will remain optimistic however. Trump's approach seems more assertive than the previous administration's.
    In what way? Has he actually done anything? What legislation has he passed?
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,878 Senior Member
    In addition, I am pretty sure that the Obama administration deported more illegal immigrants than anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Keep your chins up men, things will get better.
    Yes once President Trump leaves office in complete and utter humiliation, things will get better.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,792 Senior Member
    Yes once President Trump leaves office in complete and utter humiliation, things will get better.

^^^^^

George brings up some good points about Pence, but for all his religious zealotry I think he is level headed enough to not start a nuclear war with N. Korea. Yep, that's where the bar is set at.

BTW Chris, When in the hell is it going to snow? I don't live in UT for the nightlife, ya know?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    ^^^^^

George brings up some good points about Pence, but for all his religious zealotry I think he is level headed enough to not start a nuclear war with N. Korea. Yep, that's where the bar is set at.

BTW Chris, When in the hell is it going to snow? I don't live in UT for the nightlife, ya know?

If it's any consolation, we don't have any snow on the ground here either. Way up high there is, none in the valleys.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    ^^^^^

Utah...Utah....You know this really blows
    I'm not gonna be happy till it really snows

Utah...Utah... How'd I end up here
    Hex is at the boat launch..Buff is at the pier

Washington is crazy and really kinda stormin
    That's why I'm here in Utah..pretendin to be Mormon

(gimme another glass of wine--get ya another verse or 2)
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,020 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    San Francisco is a sanctuary city, with local law enforcement officials barred from cooperating with federal immigration authorities.

Zarate had been released from a San Francisco jail about three months before the shooting, despite a request by federal immigration authorities to detain him for deportation.

I don't understand the logical connection between his being wanted for deportation and the outcry to have his neck stretched because a law enforcement officer's stolen handgun with a modified trigger pull went off accidentally. Maybe you can argue that he wouldn't have been in the country, but the same people in favor of the Hemp Fandango complain about the revolving door at the border, so who's to say he wouldn't have been back in SF anyway? There seems to be an undercurrent in this case that Mexican+illegal immigrant=murderer.

Jim
    Bushart wrote: »
    Utah...Utah....You know this really blows
    I'm not gonna be happy till it really snows

Utah...Utah... How'd I end up here
    Hex is at the boat launch..Buff is at the pier

Washington is crazy and really kinda stormin
    That's why I'm here in Utah..pretendin to be Mormon

(gimme another glass of wine--get ya another verse or 2)

I will buy you a bottle or two for more if that. Truly hilarious!!!

Goldy, is Lost Trail ski area open yet? None of the northern ski areas (north of SLC) are even close.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,855 Senior Member
    magalloway wrote: »
    I don't understand the logical connection between his being wanted for deportation and the outcry to have his neck stretched because a law enforcement officer's stolen handgun with a modified trigger pull went off accidentally. Maybe you can argue that he wouldn't have been in the country, but the same people in favor of the Hemp Fandango complain about the revolving door at the border, so who's to say he wouldn't have been back in SF anyway? There seems to be an undercurrent in this case that Mexican+illegal immigrant=murderer.

Jim
    I would argue that the undercurrent seems more like illegal immigrant = immunity from us law.

Goldy, is Lost Trail ski area open yet? None of the northern ski areas (north of SLC) are even close.

It is, but barely. 5 trails or so, they received some snow last night so that will help.

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,951 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    I would argue that the undercurrent seems more like illegal immigrant = immunity from us law.

except in this case, according to our legal expert, US law in the shooting was followed to a T
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    ^^^^^

I would take anyone without a Twitter Account at this point. He has become such an embarrassment, I would embrace a Paul Ryan presidency over this idiot.

I remember last year at this time thinking we might not be able to ski by Christmas.
    magalloway wrote: »

Jim

I think it is more the case that they think that crossing the border illegally should be a capital offense.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,607 Senior Member
    ... I would embrace a Paul Ryan presidency over this idiot.
    Of course you would. Ryan's just a RINO who's impeding the rightfully elected president who won by a Yuuuuuuuuge electoral college margin.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,865 Senior Member
    Of course you would. Ryan's just a RINO who's impeding the rightfully elected president who won by a Yuuuuuuuuge electoral college margin.

Tremendously yuuuuuuuuuuge, biggest in history.

OTOH - Here's a wild speculation:

Although Republicans traditionally have cared about small government and balanced budgets, those two highest priorities have morphed into: a) repealing Obamacare and: b) tax cuts no matter what. The Senate bill begins the slow death of the former and accomplishes the latter. Should the former survive the reconciliation process the GOP leadership in both the House and Senate are presented with a golden opportunity.

Having achieved their two main goals, they could focus on the other thing they agree on - hatred of and being repulsed by Donald Trump (Sorry Trumpsters, this is no secret in Washington). They then could very quickly throw him under the impeachment bus.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Kind of reminds me of the burning of the Reichstag.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,855 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    Anyway, at one point early in the investigation he said he was seal hunting and actually kicked the gun in the water after it went off. Prolly good that he changed that story. That sounds innocent enough for me.

Ironically, if he had shot one of those Seals he said he was shooting at, he would face 10 years in jail and a $100,000 fine. I guess he's lucky that lady took a bullet.
    Sorry to paint with such a broad brush. Not all white girl lives matter. If they are killed in cold blood by a neo-**** then that is fine also.

Rightwads need some serious introspection. I'm pretty sure nobody here was ok with the Charlotesville murder but too many on the right were.
    I'm pretty sure nobody here was ok with the Charlotesville murder but too many on the right were.

It sure seems like mass shootings like Orlando, Vegas etc are an acceptable sacrifice for the rights freedom.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,953 Senior Member
    One dead white girl = build multi-billion dollar wall.

Hundreds of dead black people = they deserved it.

The want of a wall happened long before this tragedy.
    As to the they deserved it?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Sorry to paint with such a broad brush. Not all white girl lives matter. If they are killed in cold blood by a neo-**** then that is fine also.

Rightwads need some serious introspection. I'm pretty sure nobody here was ok with the Charlotesville murder but too many on the right were.

Well there you have it.
    It sure seems like mass shootings like Orlando, Vegas etc are an acceptable sacrifice for the rights freedom.

How does one go about detecting potential nut jobs?
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,951 Senior Member
    If the wall is built, and employers still have free reign to hire illegals with little fear of actual penalty, and illegals still end up here, and crimes committed by illegals (at a lower rate than legal citizens), what will the next step be? where will the wailing and gnashing be directed at then?
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.