So much for trailer trash.

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 3,783 Senior Member
Mobile Homes Are So Expensive Now, Hurricane Victims Can’t Afford Them

While the cost of manufactured homes has surged, pay for the bottom fifth of earners is stagnating. Even after a modest pickup over the past two years, those households have seen their income fall by 9 percent since 2000, to $12,943 in 2016, based on inflation-adjusted Census Bureau data.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-11-21/mobile-homes-are-so-expensive-now-hurricane-victims-can-t-afford-them

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,736 Senior Member
    Looking forward to American refugee camps!

#voterepublican
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,991 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    #voterepublican

What does that have to do with the price of mobile homes?
    What does that have to do with the price of mobile homes?

Not the price, but the fact that more and more people cannot afford them.
    ...pay for the bottom fifth of earners is stagnating.
    The fact that people cannot afford them is because of Republicans?

Please explain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The fact that people cannot afford them is because of Republicans?

Please explain.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class continues to shrink.
    And then you elect a kleptocrat to "fix" then problem?
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,488 Senior Member
    Not the price, but the fact that more and more people cannot afford them.

Haha- usual liberal BS. The dates stated were from 2000 - 2016. Of that time, 1/2 was under your buddy Obama. Why didn't things get better? Oh yeah, it was Bush's fault.
    The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class continues to shrink.
    And this is the fault of Republicans?

CO Native wrote: »
    Haha- usual liberal BS. The dates stated were from 2000 - 2016. Of that time, 1/2 was under your buddy Obama. Why didn't things get better? Oh yeah, it was Bush's fault.

Did you think I read that article? About trailers? In Bloomberg?

And yeah, things were going in the correct direction until last November when we drove off a damned cliff.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,580 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    Even after a modest pickup over the past two years,

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Looked at another way...

More of the population in this country is moving into the upper middle class income reaches. The people in this country are getting richer. How is this is bad?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/21/news/economy/upper-middle-class/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/is-the-middle-class-moving-up/2016/06/24/214dc04a-3a28-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.db90094e8f27

Nonetheless, the overall trend is upward: The middle class may be shrinking, but two-thirds of those who leave have moved up, while one-third have dropped to a lower income group.

https://www.npr.org/2016/07/07/484941939/a-portrait-of-americas-middle-class-by-the-numbers
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,580 Senior Member
    The point is nobody is moving up to the middle class.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    CNN, WaPo and NPR? Must be MSM fake news, right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.