Home The Lodge

How’s that Russian Collusion investigation going?

Replies

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,362 Senior Member
    Hill and Pute-put are known to not like each other, and as SOSUS Hill encouraged Ukraine to put pro-west leaders in power in Kiev. Ukrainians I know insist it was a CIA op. and suggest that Putin was just returning the favor. Articles about the Russki involvement sort of skip over the Ukraine motive.

Added at 11:20 MDT No sooner do I post this, than Frontline PBS does a full show on Putin history, and his animosity towards the US and in particular toward Hillary Clinton. He thought she was plotting against him in every way, and the whole Arab Spring was just a CIA way to destroy Russian influence.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    Hill and Pute-put are known to not like each other, and as SOSUS Hill encouraged Ukraine to put pro-west leaders in power in Kiev. Ukrainians I know insist it was a CIA op. and suggest that Putin was just returning the favor. Articles about the Russki involvement sort of skip over the Ukraine motive.

Added at 11:20 MDT No sooner do I post this, than Frontline PBS does a full show on Putin history, and his animosity towards the US and in particular toward Hillary Clinton. He thought she was plotting against him in every way, and the whole Arab Spring was just a CIA way to destroy Russian influence.

Hillary undoubtedly was plotting against Putin in every way. I see that as a good thing, and what a US Secretary of State should be doing. Any red blooded Reagan Republican should feel the say way. We shouldn't want Russia to re-annex Ukraine but instead we should encourage Ukraine to be in the western camp which, co-incidentally, is what most Ukrainians want. We don't want Russia to dominate and control the Baltic Republics, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria. They all want to be part to the West. We want to break Russia's hold on Syria and its support of the Assad regime, as Syria is Russia's way of having a military presence in the Mediterranean and a springboard for supporting anti-Israel Arabs.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,570 Senior Member
    I just got a new boomerang. It's like the one from Mad Max.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,220 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    It is so goddamned beyond me how anyone can continue to support or defend him. I truly don't understand it.

A lot of us remember that very same feeling...
    Many people really didn't vote for the man. Some voted for a Supreme Court appointment. Some voted against Hillary. Some voted against a system that has been oppressing them. The one sided media, the PC culture, globalism, Crooked Clinton Dynasty, etc. That system that sold our jobs and our livelihood to the highest bidder. The same system that systematically ripped apart and demonized anyone that dared put an R beside their name and make a run for POTUS or VPOTUS. Reagan, Bush, Cheney, McCain, Romney, Palin, Carson. Some of these are truly among the best America has to offer. Didn't stop that system from trying to destroy them.

He didn't start the fight with NK. He didn't sit idly by while they continued to develop Nukes.. He didn't draw a line in the sand and then do nothing when it was crossed. He didn't make deals with millions in cash with terrorists regimes with nuclear ambitions and a history of wanting to turn Israel into a piece of glass. So while I honestly respect your opinion, I never understood how you guys could continue to support Obama. I sure as F can't understand how you still (after all the latest revelations) think Hill would have been a better choice...

If he's nothing else,,, Trump's a fighter, and he's ripping that system apart, piece by piece.
    Good read by a CIA spook on how Trump and his cronies were likely played like fiddles by Putin's intelligence service:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/26/trump-team-prey-putin-215743
    MikeA wrote: »
    A lot of us remember that very same feeling...
    Many people really didn't vote for the man. Some voted for a Supreme Court appointment. Some voted against Hillary. Some voted against a system that has been oppressing them. The one sided media, the PC culture, globalism, Crooked Clinton Dynasty, etc. That system that sold our jobs and our livelihood to the highest bidder. The same system that systematically ripped apart and demonized anyone that dared put an R beside their name and make a run for POTUS or VPOTUS. Reagan, Bush, Cheney, McCain, Romney, Palin, Carson. Some of these are truly among the best America has to offer. Didn't stop that system from trying to destroy them.

He didn't start the fight with NK. He didn't sit idly by while they continued to develop Nukes.. He didn't draw a line in the sand and then do nothing when it was crossed. He didn't make deals with millions in cash with terrorists regimes with nuclear ambitions and a history of wanting to turn Israel into a piece of glass. So while I honestly respect your opinion, I never understood how you guys could continue to support Obama. I sure as F can't understand how you still (after all the latest revelations) think Hill would have been a better choice...

If he's nothing else,,, Trump's a fighter, and he's ripping that system apart, piece by piece.

Wow, that is rich. John Kerry serves honorably in Vietnam, sees combat, is awarded the Silver and Bronze stars, but then is Swiftboated by a group aligned with GW Bush's campaign. Talk about ripping and demonizing. None of the Rs you say were victims had anything remotely similar happen to them, except for perhaps Palin and Carson, both certified whack-a-doodles who were victims of what came out of there own mouths.

Obama inherited an economic **** sandwich. He got us through it. The Rs in Congress did everything and anything they could to thwart him. OBL was killed on his watch, much to the chagrin of the Pakistanis. Way more drone strikes were conducted on Obama's watch then during GW Bush's presidency. Obama conducted himself with grace and dignity despite being the subject of the most mean spirited, racist based attacks imaginable, including the questioning, without a shred of evidence, of where he was born. The current President led the charge on that.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,206 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    I just got a new boomerang. It's like the one from Mad Max.
    I just got a flame throwing guitar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,570 Senior Member
    Fueled by uranium one?
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

I haven't seen the movie. Worth checking out? I remember the promos with some kind of vehicle with about 4,000 speakers and a guy playing guitar while hanging from a chain. It looked ****.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,206 Senior Member
    I haven't seen the movie. Worth checking out? I remember the promos with some kind of vehicle with about 4,000 speakers and a guy playing guitar while hanging from a chain. It looked ****.
    Oh yes. If you like Sci Fi action stuff.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,075 Senior Member
    Ask yourself--why did the Russians try to influence the election in favor of Trump? I admit that in the end the influence, which is well established, did not change the outcome. But even if there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians, why would the Russians, who under Putin have consistently acted against our interests, be trying to help Trump?

Possibly because the Russians saw Trump as an isolationist.
    It seems that the DNC and Clinton campaign paid for the opposition research that led to the "golden showers" dossier.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    Was that illegal? It started with a Republican. Did you notice they never used it?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    It started with a Republican.

Alleged, but never proven.
    Did you notice they never used it?

That's because nothing could be corroborated. It was still somehow leaked and may have been the basis of the FBI investigation.
    Was that illegal?

No, but still scummy AF. If it wasn't, Tom Perez wouldn't be so busy throwing Debbie Wasserman under the bus.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,650 Senior Member

Just in time, since El Mariachi would be deported as an illegal alien.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »

The bank information from the law firm will be released on Monday, so there really is a republican who paid first. Dollar says it was ordered by Jeb Bush.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

That's because nothing could be corroborated. It was still somehow leaked and may have been the basis of the FBI investigation.

No, but still scummy AF. If it wasn't, Tom Perez wouldn't be so busy throwing Debbie Wasserman under the bus.

Opposition Research is pretty standard stuff, so how do you define scummy? Trump's alleged activities?

There was certainly more corroboration than many of the accusations Trump put out there. Birth Certificate anybody?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    A federal grand jury on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a source briefed on the matter told Reuters...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-charges/first-charges-filed-in-u-s-special-counsels-russia-investigation-source-idUSKBN1CX00V
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    The Republican donor was identified as a website, the Washington Free Beacon, backed by billionaire Paul Singer. WFB did hire Fusion GPS for opposition research on Trump.

However, according to the Washington Post, the relationship was terminated before the British spy was hired. The dossier is totally on the Democrats.
    I define scummy as having released it to the press and giving it to the FBI without corroboration.

It's no different than a conspiracy theorist saying..."George Bush could have planted the bombs in the Twin Towers. I'm not saying he did, but just look into it."
    Except it didn't get released and if there is concern over criminal activity, the FBI needs to investigate it and it is very different. If this were done to Hillary, you would be all over it. In fact it was and you were.
    How the hell did Mother Jones come up with it?

And I have no idea what you're accusing me of this time. But yes, the Clintons are scum.
    George K wrote: »
    A federal grand jury on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a source briefed on the matter told Reuters...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-charges/first-charges-filed-in-u-s-special-counsels-russia-investigation-source-idUSKBN1CX00V

From what I've read so far, the indictment against Manafort, and his business partner, have nothing to do with Russia.
    Then you need to read some more. Papadapolous admitted to lying about Russia.
    How the hell did Mother Jones come up with it?

And I have no idea what you're accusing me of this time. But yes, the Clintons are scum.

They came up with it after the election.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    This whole "dossier" "Uranium One" is all just fog. What is the difference between Trump Jr meeting with Russians to get dirt on Hillary and Hillary hiring someone to get dirt on Trump? Yet another distraction.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Trump’s meltdown in anticipation of indictments is telling

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/10/30/trumps-meltdown-in-anticipation-of-indictments-is-telling/?utm_term=.0ede120c3b86

President Trump and his surrogates — most especially the Fox News lineup (which includes a fleet of conservative pundits who disgrace themselves by facilitating a political distraction game for Trump), obsequious Republicans in Congress, old allies such as Roger Stone (who wound up getting banned by Twitter) and the talk radio crowd — have been frantically fanning Hillary Clinton non-scandals about Uranium One (it was baseless before and baseless now) and the dossier’s funder. (Fusion GPS initially was hired by the conservative Free Beacon, which at one time claimed not to know the identity of the Republican outfit that first hired Fusion.) The unhinged rants from Trump’s defenders demanding Clinton be locked up for one or both of these reveal how tightly Trump and the right-wing ecosystem that supports him rely on Clinton as an all-purpose distraction.

Upon a moment’s reflection, the non-scandals make no sense (Clinton was colluding with Russia to beat herself in the election?), have been debunked before and in no way affect the liability, if any, of current or ex-Trump administration figures. This is “whataboutism” run amok. It does expose the degree to which Fox News has given up the pretense of a real news organization, preferring the role of state propagandist. (And it’s not just the evening hosts; the non-scandals now monopolize the rest of the schedule.)

The intensity of Trump’s frenzy underscores the peril in which the president now finds himself. Beyond the indictments unsealed this morning, Trump does not know what special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has uncovered; which witnesses are flippable; what financial documents have revealed about the Trump business empire; and whether, for example, Mueller finds support for an obstruction of justice charge from Trump’s own public dissembling (e.g., hinting at non-existent tapes of former FBI director James B. Comey). For someone who insists on holding all the cards and intimidating others, Trump finds himself in a uniquely powerless position.

As I have argued, Republicans should be saying publicly that efforts to fire Mueller and/or pardon indicted figures will commence impeachment proceedings. Those moves would set off a constitutional crisis in which the president is using his powers to protect himself from the Justice Department. Even former senator Rick Santorum concedes that it would be “very perilous” for Trump to fire Mueller.

Right now that is a theoretical question, but given how rattled Trump seems to be we shouldn’t rule out the possibility. It is incumbent on media interviewers to ask Republicans if that is their position and if not to justify giving a green light to what would be an unprecedented scheme to protect himself from investigation. Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), argued:

"Now, I don’t think the president’s power is all that absolute, as people have been suggesting. The president cannot pardon people if it’s an effort to obstruct justice, if it’s an effort to prevent Bob Mueller and others from learning about the president’s own conduct. So, there are limitations. If it were truly unlimited, it would have the effect of nullifying vast portions of the constitution. The president could tell Justice Department officials and other law enforcement to violate the law and that if they did, and it was ever brought up, they were brought up on charges, he would pardon them."

And one principle of constitutional interpretation is you don’t interpret one power as nullifying all of the others.

So, I don’t think it’s unlimited. And I think it would be highly problematic for the president if it’s part of an effort to obstruct justice.

It should surprise no one that congressional Republicans, who have demonstrated their spinelessness again and again, are silent. They’ve got themselves fixated on tax reform, which they irrationally conclude will be imperiled if they try to head off Trump from doing something catastrophic with regard to Mueller or pardons. (Trump needs tax reform as much as they do so he’s not going to block it, for goodness sake, if they speak up to prevent a constitutional crisis.) We will see what else Mueller has in store for us, but if Trump is this hysterical now, one wonders what he’ll be like if a stream of indictments relating to the campaign and/or obstruction of justice begins.
    They came up with it after the election.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    From what I've read so far, the indictment against Manafort, and his business partner, have nothing to do with Russia.

Stayed tuned. These are just the first three dominoes. I would think that at least one of them will flip and from there it could become exponential. Dems probably are salivating, thinking about the 2018 elections.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,220 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Stayed tuned. These are just the first three dominoes. I would think that at least one of them will flip and from there it could become exponential. Dems probably are salivating, thinking about the 2018 elections.

Oooh you almost got it!!
    How many times are we gonna hear this?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement