Irony and irresponsibility, Rush-style

creekguycreekguy Senior MemberPosts: 3,972 Senior Member
"There is a desire to advance this climate change agenda, and hurricanes are one of the fastest and best ways to do it," Limbaugh said. "You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don't need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and dangerous."
"These storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they're reported," he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/limbaughs-dismissal-of-irma-panic-riles-forecasters/ar-AAroMCR?li=BBnb7Kz

Ben Jacobs, a political reporter at The Guardian, tweeted that the radio host was "a hurricane denier."

He's in South Florida. We will see.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,905 Senior Member
    He's not the first right-winger I've seen to say this. Not listening to Rush, I don't know if he's parroting what others are saying, or they're repeating what he says.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,128 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    "These storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they're reported," he said.

Wonder if he is ignorant about the mechanics of a hurricane or deliberately leaving out the reason for the decrease in wind speed, because it does not help his agenda. Either way, he is failing to tell his listeners that the diminished winds are dangerously strong.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Wonder if he is ignorant about the mechanics of a hurricane or deliberately leaving out the reason for the decrease in wind speed, because it does not help his agenda. Either way, he is failing to tell his listeners that the diminished winds are dangerously strong.

Good!!!

Let Darwin sort them out!
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Good!!!

I don't wish harm to come anybody or their property. However, if Rush's home becomes rubble, I might enjoy a beer or two while reading the news. :)
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,984 Senior Member
    Good!!!

Not good, that's bad.
    What about the people that don't listen to Rush?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Not good, that's bad.

Ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet!
    Ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet!

Maybe enough will die and you can get a really big omelet.

They are the smart ones that evacuate.

"Tomorrow it would be, I think, legally impossible for us to originate the program out of here.” What does that mean? I don't have the cojones to back up my words and stay in Florida?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/06/rush-limbaughs-dangerous-suggestion-that-hurricane-irma-is-fake-news/?utm_term=.de95dfe64721

FishTX wrote: »
    They are the smart ones that evacuate.

That's got nothing to do with it. It's human nature to try and protect your property, see it out here all the time with the wild fires.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,972 Senior Member
    Its weird. One the one hand, Rush says its all exagerated, on the other, Alex Jones says its the governments fault.

Alex Jones might have something to do with it. The Infowars founder — who has an “amazing” reputation, according to Trump — has for years promoted the notion that the U.S. government possesses the power to conjure and control weather events. Just last week, as Hurricane Harvey battered Texas, Jones devoted part of his show to questioning why the government didn't “use the technologies to kill [the storm] out in the gulf.” “It is weird how these storms go,” he said, suggesting Harvey might have been manufactured or manipulated. “They just sit over a city.”
    Jones's contention is that the government — or, more precisely, the “deep state,” now that Trump is president — uses its “weather weapon” to stoke fear of climate change and promote a liberal agenda.

Meanwhile, Rush is not in Florida anymore. But did not say he "evacuated".
    That's got nothing to do with it. It's human nature to try and protect your property, see it out here all the time with the wild fires.
    It's human nature to save your own butt. Setting aside those who can't get out, how the heck do those who choose to stay protect their homes from a hurricane? You can put up plywood over the windows, but what else? After you take a few small precautions, get the hell out.

Besides, you are off point. We were talking about Rush saying it isn't as big a deal as the news is making out to be. His comments may be interpreted as "Stay. It isn't that dangerous." And look who bugged out. Rush skipped town.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,752 Senior Member
    He is all excited about the possibility shooting a looter, like most ammosexuals. They have that itch.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.