The kid did ok

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 2,823 Senior Member
Decent fight.

I don't think Mayweather was ever in any danger of losing, but I have to say....McGregor acquitted himself very well.

Replies

• SeaducerSeaducer Junior Member Posts: 36 Member
    Pretty low bar "decent fight". How many punch's did Floyd throw in the first 2 rounds 12. I'm a big fight fan and and in my opinion all of the prelims were better. At least the ref put a quick stop to this **** fight.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,811 Senior Member
    21056135_10155722019124744_8061486409075210414_o.jpg?oh=4555f0788abe034ebe2a81be9f083d14&oe=5A1CDC1A
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,874 Senior Member
    Is that .....The snot heard round the world.......Groooan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Tis but a scratch..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,811 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    Is that .....The snot heard round the world.......Groooan

hqdefault.jpg
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,709 Senior Member
    Seaducer wrote: »
    Pretty low bar "decent fight". How many punch's did Floyd throw in the first 2 rounds 12. I'm a big fight fan and and in my opinion all of the prelims were better. At least the ref put a quick stop to this **** fight.

McGregor did much better than I expected, but there was no chance in hell he was going to win. McGregor has a karate base. He's not a boxer, taking on one of the all-time greats in boxing.

For $100, it was a **** load more entertaining than the Pacquiao snorefest.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,823 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »

For $100, it was a **** load more entertaining than the Pacquiao snorefest.

That's for sure.
    It was also an interesting choice to be scheduled for 12 rounds. I have to believe this was a Mayweather stipulation, with Floyd believing - correctly - that McGregor had to get arm weary.
    It was also an interesting choice to be scheduled for 12 rounds. I have to believe this was a Mayweather stipulation, with Floyd believing - correctly - that McGregor had to get arm weary.

Yeah, despite being 11 years younger, McGregor was really gassed by rounds 7-8. Mayweather knows how to conserve energy. I was impressed by his stamina.
    McGregor has only gone 25 minutes once and except for that one fight, I'm not sure he's even gone 10 full minutes (2 full MMA rounds). And there's no way he's ever thrown more punches.

I'm anything but a McGregor nuthugger, and I think he's going to get mauled by either Khabib Nurmagomedov or Tony Ferguson (assuming he doesn't complete a trilogy with Nate Diaz at 155 and then retire), but my respect for him went way up.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,920 Senior Member
    front.jpg?v=2016-09-27-21-05&background-image=wood&effects=inner-glow
    I'm a fanboi, but you gotta give McGregor props on his dress style.

Call him Blue Cheese, cause he be dressin'.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,456 Senior Member
    You cannot discount the amount of boxing practice Mayweather gets with his girlfriends.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Buffco wrote: »
    I'm a fanboi, but you gotta give McGregor props on his dress style.

Call him Blue Cheese, cause he be dressin'.

It's all rented, just ask Floyd (well maybe not anymore).
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,398 Senior Member
    You cannot discount the amount of boxing practice Mayweather gets with his girlfriends.
    Mayweather's record is 50-0.

53-0 if you count the ladies in his life.

(Stolen from the internet and in no way condoning violence against women.)

(Stolen from the internet and in no way condoning violence against women.)

Yeah but they were not sanctioned.

Its Like Henry Kissinger is reputed to have said of the Iran-Iraq war: its a pity they can't both lose.
    It's all rented, just ask Floyd (well maybe not anymore).

Well he's got enough style to rent the good stuff.

That's hilarious coming from Floyd "Owes IRS Money" Mayweather.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,706 Senior Member
    Help me out here...cuz I don't get it...I have never been into boxing, UFC, MMA etc.

What is so exciting about watching 2 people step in a ring and beat the **** out of each other? Seem rather barbaric and out of place in society.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,874 Senior Member
    Help me out here...cuz I don't get it...I have never been into boxing, UFC, MMA etc.

What is so exciting about watching 2 people step in a ring and beat the **** out of each other? Seem rather barbaric and out of place in society.

Ever been to Philly and seen the Rocky Statue???.....ok I'm dun
    Seem rather barbaric and out of place in society.

And yet, we stab chubs in the face for fun.

Having boxed, I can say, in all honesty, that it's anything but barbaric.

Combat sports are real. Everything else is an attempt to mimic combat behind some social veneer.
    Idk. Just seems barbaric to me...Let's hit each other in the face until one of us gets a concussion/ko and can't hit the other guy in the face...

Doesn't make sense to me why anyone would want to subject themselves to that kind of punishment plus the future brain damage that will eventually rear it's head. I understand these guys get paid well...but doesn't seem worth it to me.

Bushart wrote: »
    Ever been to Philly and seen the Rocky Statue???.....ok I'm dun
    I'm offended by Rocky statues **** it! :p

Idk. Just seems barbaric to me...Let's hit each other in the face until one of us gets a concussion/ko and can't hit the other guy in the face...

Doesn't make sense to me why anyone would want to subject themselves to that kind of punishment plus the future brain damage that will eventually rear it's head. I understand these guys get paid well...but doesn't seem worth it to me.

Each his own. I find these sports to be beautiful.
    I think the museum took the Rocky statue down, then maybe put it back up.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,172 Senior Member
    Boxing is truly an art form. Well, good boxing is an art form and fun to watch. McGregor is more a "paint by numbers" kind of guy.
    CO Native wrote: »
    Boxing is truly an art form. Well, good boxing is an art form and fun to watch. McGregor is more a "paint by numbers" kind of guy.

He's not a boxer. Put him in the octagon, and he's not painting by numbers. Mayweather would not do nearly as well against McGregor in MMA as McGregor did in the boxing ring.

It's almost like people like different things.
    Each his own. I find these sports to be beautiful.
    Agreed on each his own.

Just don't understand the mentality of wanting to do it. Maybe the people have no other skills other than punching another person? Idk?

I don't understand the mentality of flinging a small piece of fuzz in a body of water that I would call ditch run off, just to catch a fish that you weigh in ounces and don't eat.

Boxing is thrilling. Did you ever wrestle with any young oiled up buddies? It's machismo. Ultimate man stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.