Let's not forget Chicago.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,325 Senior Member
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/barcelona-van-attack-kills-13-in-agonizing-repeat-for-europe/ar-AAqfNGh?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Apparently we cannot show any concern about this until we solve gang violence in Chicago.
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,590 Senior Member
    I'm in Chicago right now. Waiting to board a flight to Pittsburgh. Should I get gunned down I will report it immediately.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,639 Senior Member
    Don't get on the loop train, a school yard, or playground... etc. You should be fine.
    Over eight hours in Chicago, people were shot on a CTA train in the Loop, on the Dan Ryan Expressway on the South Side and on a playground near a grade school in Bronzeville.

There were six other shootings across the city during that violent stretch Thursday into early Friday, for a toll of one dead and 10 wounded.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shootings-violence20170818-story.html

If these were considered terrorist attacks, Chicago would be giving ISIS a run for the money.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    .... for a toll of one dead and 10 wounded.

Those guys need to spend some time at the range.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,195 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I'm in Chicago right now. Waiting to board a flight to Pittsburgh. Should I get gunned down I will report it immediately.

O'Hare or Midway?
    Midway Airport
    Yeah....don't walk outside.
    I don't remember which terminal it was (I always flew United out of O'Hare), but there's a Manny's Deli...maybe by Southwest.
    South Side, baby!
    Took some fire but the co-pilot valiantly laid down covering fire so we could board safely.

Do indeed to worry about AAA or SAMs on the climb out?
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member
    Should have gone for a little walk down Cicero heading north. You could have been a statistic. Seriously.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,945 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    Should have gone for a little walk down Cicero heading north. You could have been a statistic. Seriously.
    True story. I've been there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.