A Somewhat Honest Question

2»

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,809 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    One thing you guys are missing here: Robert Edward Lee is NOT a good name for a car, but the "General Lee" just sort of rolls off the tongue. ;-)

General Lee Dodge Charger vs. Sherman Tank. Hmmm... I still got 5 bucks on those Duke boys.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 986 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    General Lee Dodge Charger vs. Sherman Tank. Hmmm... I still got 5 bucks on those Duke boys.

Actually, there was an honest to good Lee tank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Lee

It was not as effective as the Sherman tank. But, the Sherman tank was outclassed by the German's Panther and Tiger Tanks, although the Sherman was easy to produce in large numbers and easy to maintain on the battlefield, which were shortcomings with the German tanks.

The Dukes of Hazzard was a seriously mindless show. Harmless, and I do recall an actress in skimpy clothes, but seriously mindless.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,969 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Only good thing in the show was Catherine Bach in shorts.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,739 Senior Member
    So easy for people to become offended these days. Especially by a statue. Unreal.

I tell you what, let's erect a statue of Saddam Hussein in your town square and see how you feel about it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,809 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Only good thing in the show was Catherine Bach in shorts.

And jumping Dodge Chargers over bridges that just happened to be "out." I think Hazard county had more bridges than Venice. And they were always "out" because low taxes = bad policy. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.