Home The Lodge

For Our Ornithologist Shawn...

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 3,041 Senior Member
Not our Hornithologist Buffy :p

As you have self proclaimed to be a bird geek....this crazy **** Robin has built a nest on our running beam below our deck---so like bird cam--I'll give ya updates---currently 5 eggs

[URL="[url=https://postimg.org/image/puhy9tgr9/][img]https://s26.postimg.org/puhy9tgr9/robin_001.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]robin_001.jpg

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Awesome! We have nesting birds in our yard but damned if I can find a hummingbird nest or the lesser goldfinch nest in our large trees. The house finches have fledged and are gone but I think they may have another brood. I would love to have a next where I could observe it, so yeah, updates would be cool.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    I'll know when the noise starts :)
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    Last weekend I went out and got my 5th wheel from the farm to go camping. I had the electrical hookup rolled up in the hitch. When I pulled it out, a nest fell in the back of my truck with 4 baby robins in it. I put them back in the nest and moved them to a tree behind the shed. They all fell out without in minutes.
    I felt kind of bad about that.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    As long as the parents can find them they will still take care of the chicks out of the nest. They fledge pretty fast so maybe they were almost ready.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    Still blue eggs today

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement