Home The Lodge

Schumer is not impressed

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 5,111 Senior Member
Claims Gorsuch did not acquit himself well and did not impress the Democratic caucus.

Watch for the big mushroom cloud.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,443 Senior Member
    What a giant waste of time. Its all so disingenuous. You don't want to vote for the guy? Then don't.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Is this because they feel the nomination was stolen?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,111 Senior Member
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    I'll take that as a yes...

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Like Sheb said, this is not the hill to die on. I thought ol' Chuck would be an upgrade from Harry but so far I'm not impressed.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,479 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Is this because they feel the nomination was stolen?

Mike

feel?

is there any doubt?
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    "Nowhere in that document [the Constitution] does it say the Senate has a duty to give presidential nominees a vote." - Harry Reid.

Karma is such a ****
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    Didn't that nominee get a vote?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I'm not sure there was a nominee. I think he was just spouting a hypothetical.

Always better to keep your mouth closed...unless your anonymous on the internet, of course.
    It is not karma unless the Democrats actually refused a president the opportunity to present a candidate before the Senate. Words matter.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Who put you in charge of defining Karma?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    The Dali Llama. Or was it the Dali Alpaca? I always mix those two up.
    8 Democratic votes or blow it up
    Steven wrote: »
    Who put you in charge of defining Karma?

I have a personal relationship with Vishnu.
    sherb wrote: »
    *sigh*

C8FpHaoXgAINyxo.jpg:large

Is he wrong?
    He found for both Hobby Lobby and Little Sisters of the Poor. Obviously a misogynist.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    Is he right, is the better question I believe.
    Is he wrong?

yes.

Not that it matters, since this is all politics.
    By the way, the quote about contraceptive use as the "wrongdoing of others" is, not surprisingly, taken completely out of context. The context is that he was referring to the use of contraceptives that could terminate pregnancy, as being seen as wrongful by religious Catholics.

On the question of whether the contraceptives actually terminate pregnancy, he wrote it wasn't the job of the courts to delve into religious beliefs.

On the question of whether the contraceptives actually terminate pregnancy, he wrote it wasn't the job of the courts to delve into religious beliefs.

Wait a **** minute. . .there's something that's not the job of the Federal Courts? ALL HANDS ON DECK DEMOCRATS! FILIBUSTER!
    By the way, the quote about contraceptive use as the "wrongdoing of others" is, not surprisingly, taken completely out of context. The context is that he was referring to the use of contraceptives that could terminate pregnancy, as being seen as wrongful by religious Catholics.

This is bad, but not nearly as dishonest as the characterization of his opinion in the trucker case. That's just a flat-out smear job.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,683 Senior Member
    Wait a **** minute. . .there's something that's not the job of the Federal Courts? ALL HANDS ON DECK DEMOCRATS! FILIBUSTER!

After careful perusal of the Constitution I find that the Federal Courts have no actual job defined therein and therefore should be abolished, along with the EPA and other agencies and entities that are obstacles to Dickensian capitalism, thus contributing to the noble battle to Make America Great Again.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    I appreciate your use of "perusal" here, used as God intended. Now if I could only get people to stop saying "disinterested" when they mean "uninterested."
    I appreciate your use of "perusal" here, used as God intended. Now if I could only get people to stop saying "disinterested" when they mean "uninterested."

I could care less
    That one doesn't bother me for some reason.
    That one pisses me off more than any other.
    for all intensive purposes?
    for all intensive purposes?
    Pacifically because it means the opposite of it's intensive purpose.
    yes.

Not that it matters, since this is all politics.

How is he wrong?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement