Hey Buff--Gotta Pork Question

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 1,793 Senior Member
So I'm trying for the umpteenth time on BBQ'n pork side ribs

Quite often they're really 'really chewy

A while back I watched a bbq cookin show where they peeled that sinew skin from the underside of the ribs---You agree this helps?

Peelin it takes a lot of time

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    I've never actually peeled it.

The meat is always gonna be chewy. It's fresh meat, not aged or cured so I don't know if there's much you can do to change that.

But it's an interesting idea. Be worth a try sometime.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member
    I'll let ya know

Thanks man
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I've tried it but I can say I noticed much difference. Low and slow works for me. In the oven 300F and 2-3hrs. BBQ to finish..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    OK---if we can conclude after 1 experiment

We thought they were good
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,947 Senior Member
    This recipe is bullet proof, so is his recipe for pulled pork. I peel the membrane; a sharp knife and pliers make the job easier.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/best_BBQ_ribs_ever.html

Edit - I skip mopping with the sauce at the end and serve them with with two or three different warm BBQ sauces.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,868 Senior Member
    you'll thank me for this link later: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/

i do my ribs via the 3-2-1 method

rub with yellow mustard, coat with dry rub

3 hours in 225 degree smoke.....occasional spritz with apple juice/vinegar/rum or bourbon

2 hours in 225 degree while heavily spritzed then wrapped in foil

1 hour back out of foil, more smoke
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    Thanks Guys---looks good
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    I'm going to try the tips/techniques you two posted above. Thanks! BBQ isn't something I'm good at all so the help is appreciated. But I can cook a mean puttanesca, bolognese or marinara so fugedaboutit!

We did buy a new grill last weekend. No we didn't get the Weber. The one I wanted was $1800.00. Talk about fugedaboutit! We got all of the same features in a Kenmore for a bit over 1/3 the cost. It has a rotisserie so I can't wait to give that a whirl (I'll be here all week; try the schwarma).
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I'm going to try the tips/techniques you two posted above. Thanks! BBQ isn't something I'm good at all so the help is appreciated. But I can cook a mean puttanesca, bolognese or marinara so fugedaboutit!

We did buy a new grill last weekend. No we didn't get the Weber. The one I wanted was $1800.00. Talk about fugedaboutit! We got all of the same features in a Kenmore for a bit over 1/3 the cost. It has a rotisserie so I can't wait to give that a whirl (I'll be here all week; try the schwarma).

OK here's my tip----ya go downtown---find an Al-Halal butcher shop----ya pick up the Kosher style Bacon wrapped pork loin---always a party fav.

Seriously
    bbq chicken wings are always requested here----unfortunately the spice I use is a local product---likely not available where you are---and I combine with Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    Meathead from Amazing ribs really knows his stuff and I've never been disappointed with any information from his site.

I have a traeger and I use Tim's 3-2-1 method only difference is that I smoke at 185 for 3 hours. They fall off the bone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file