Home The Lodge

And I Thought the Democrats Were Dysfunctional

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 7,027 Senior Member
The **** Republicans have been promising to repeal and replace the ACA for how long now? 7 years? Oops...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-leaders-prepare-to-vote-friday-on-health-care-reform/2017/03/24/736f1cd6-1081-11e7-9d5a-a83e627dc120_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_housevote715a-banner%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e79a6b5d27f3

If they can't get that done, is this President and Congress going to be able to get any of what they promised accomplished?

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Worst. Job. Ever.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    I gotta go--get my investments outta Build that wall.org
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    Can't manage their way out of a paper bag. Thankfully.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Yes, the Tea Baggers (now under the guise of The Freedom Caucus) still has the whole party by the balls.

I too am happy that they failed. I thought Trump was a yuuge deal maker though?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Yes, the Tea Baggers (now under the guise of The Freedom Caucus) still has the whole party by the balls.

I too am happy that they failed. I thought Trump was a yuuge deal maker though?

He'll have to deal with the Ds, but I am not holding my breath.
    Did you hear him blame the failure of the legislation on the Democrats? That's both rich and hilarious.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    He's just going to lie outrageously and spout alternative facts because his base will believe anything he says..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,225 Senior Member
    Problem is they went about it the wrong way.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,409 Senior Member
    This is the guy all y'all thought was the next ****. Just FYI.
    So Bannon, who is supposedly this shadowy, malevolent menace to freedom and peace, walks into a meeting with Congressional republicans, and says "there's not going to be any debate. You're voting for this bill."

To which one of the assembled replied, "the last time someone told me what to do, I was 18 years old. It was my daddy. I didn't listen to him either."

True story. You can look it up.
    So, bad news for those who hoped to take down Obamacare.

But good news for those who worried that America wasn't going to survive Trump. We will. Our system worked exactly as intended during this latest go-round.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,225 Senior Member
    Obamacare doesn't need a total take down. Just some modifications.

After all...we are only talking about the need to cover 10-15% of the population that doesn't have insurance. But it shouldn't be as difficult as obamacare made it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Obamacare doesn't need a total take down. Just some modifications.

Well. . .that will assuage the moderates but alienate the conservatives. Move towards dismantling and you win over the conservatives and alienate the moderates.

In other words, Washington is functioning normally. Trump is playing catch-up. The learning curve is steep and he doesn't seem too vested in figuring it out.
    sherb wrote: »
    This is the guy all y'all thought was the next ****. Just FYI.

Small correction:

I thought Cruz was ****. Trump is un-fit and corrupt to the core but he has the advantage of also being a bit of a dullard. I used to tell people that it wasn't prudent to call Trump 'dumb' or 'an idiot.' They are proving me wrong.
    Also, I find it interesting that Trump & Co. have dropped hints that they may have to work with the Democrats. A very interesting development.
    I figured Trump was like Mussolini--he'd be bombastic AND make the trains run on time. Turns out he only is like one of the two.

Healthcare policy is a ****. Affects everyone, is complicated and expensive, and there are winners and losers with any change, regardless whether liberal or conservative. It requires a bipartisan approach. Like has been said, the ACA can be improved.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement