Home The Lodge

So, the far right news outlets are how Trump got elected.

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 4,807 Senior Member
FBI’s Russian-influence probe includes a look at far-right news site
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article139695453.html

Pretty much every major news or entertainment outlet, including fox, was against the Trump. While all but Fox were WAAAAAAY WAAAAAAY pro Hillary. So the FBI is investigating the far right news sites? They still don't get it....

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,524 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    FBI’s Russian-influence probe includes a look at far-right news site
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article139695453.html

Pretty much every major news or entertainment outlet, including fox, was against the Trump. While all but Fox were WAAAAAAY WAAAAAAY pro Hillary. So the FBI is investigating the far right news sites? They still don't get it....

So does it matter whether or not the Russian attack was effective? So it is only a violation if it actually is what got Trump elected? That is the most illogical argument of all.

How do you argue they were pro-Hillary they ran every negative article they could regarding her emails and Benghazi for almost a year and never once discussed Trump's many scandals.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,807 Senior Member
    So does it matter whether or not the Russian attack was effective? So it is only a violation if it actually is what got Trump elected? That is the most illogical argument of all.

How do you argue they were pro-Hillary they ran every negative article they could regarding her emails and Benghazi for almost a year and never once discussed Trump's many scandals.

The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.

The Russians had nothing to do with trump getting elected to the majority of Trump voters. The media blitz to the left did more damage to her campaign than any outside influence could have ever done. They ran the stories that they were obligated to run. Totally missing were the personal attack pieces like the ones that they were pumping out on Trump almost hourly during the campaign. To the left it must have seemed normal after the last eight years of slobbing the knob of the POTUS. To the right, and the middle, it was disgusting, and time to send a message. Anybody but Clinton, no matter what or who…

I mean if you’re honestly going to tell me that the media and Hollywood wasn’t in Clinton’s corner, I see no need to even discuss this with you.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,500 Senior Member
    The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.[/QUOTE

You must not have been paying attention for the last few years. Mr. Putin resurrected it soon after he ended Russia's failed attempt at democratic government.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,943 Senior Member
    The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.

You sound like Obama in 2012.
    George K wrote: »
    The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.[/QUOTE

You must not have been paying attention for the last few years. Mr. Putin resurrected it soon after he ended Russia's failed attempt at democratic government.

Mark me down as one who prefers wars that end without people marching off the die on the front. You guys want to dig McCarthy back up, knock yourselves out. I'll pass.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    If the far right media outlets were actively and knowingly working with the Russians that would be a serious matter and worthy of investigation.
    sherb wrote: »
    You sound like Obama in 2012.

Just doing some Lodge CPR. BREATH ****!
    If the far right media outlets were actively and knowingly working with the Russians that would be a serious matter and worthy of investigation.

It would be equally worthy to know who the rest of the media was working with.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    It would be equally worthy to know who the rest of the media was working with.

If they were in cahoots with a foreign power, sure.

Holy Fugnuts Batman. The right wing was calling Obama feckless over Crimea, but now Putin is the good guy and can attack our elections with impunity?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The Russians had nothing to do with trump getting elected to the majority of Trump voters.

It doesn't matter, if a burglar does not get away with your jewels, did he not still commit a crime?

I have really felt there really is no reason to talk to you for some time. I just find your level of delusion amusing.
    Holy Fugnuts Batman. The right wing was calling Obama feckless over Crimea, but now Putin is the good guy and can attack our elections with impunity?

Please explain exactly how did he attack our election? I'd love to know what you know that nobody else seems to be able to find. Nobody I know or have ever spoken to about this has said anything about the Russians influence on why they voted for Trump. Not one single person. They voted against the progressive agenda, and the last admin. Just accept that. It's really that simple. Even the Never Trump people wouldn't vote for her.

One thing for certain, you guys truly believed you had pulled it off though. We watched as they all sat around laughing at a growing (HUGE) number of Americans, who for the most part, just wanted to bring their jobs, their pride, and their dignity back. Their own candidate calling those same people deplorable, and still the laughing continued. So safe and sound so high up there in their towers built of self-righteousness. We all remember how we were being told prior to the election that Trump and the R’s had better be ready to accept this defeat. That’s how democracy works. After all the polls don’t lie. Then you loose, and all of a sudden it’s the Russians! Whose delusional again?
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    Please explain exactly how did he attack our election? I'd love to know what you know that nobody else seems to be able to find. Nobody I know or have ever spoken to about this has said anything about the Russians influence on why they voted for Trump. Not one single person. They voted against the progressive agenda, and the last admin. Just accept that. It's really that simple. Even the Never Trump people wouldn't vote for her.

One thing for certain, you guys truly believed you had pulled it off though. We watched as they all sat around laughing at a growing (HUGE) number of Americans, who for the most part, just wanted to bring their jobs, their pride, and their dignity back. Their own candidate calling those same people deplorable, and still the laughing continued. So safe and sound so high up there in their towers built of self-righteousness. We all remember how we were being told prior to the election that Trump and the R’s had better be ready to accept this defeat. That’s how democracy works. After all the polls don’t lie. Then you loose, and all of a sudden it’s the Russians! Whose delusional again?

um, a large percentage of voters got their information from non-traditional electronic media sources (non traditional 'news' outlets and memes being the biggest)......care to fathom a guess how many of those originated in eastern bloc countries?
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    tim_s wrote: »
    um, a large percentage of voters got their information from non-traditional electronic media sources (non traditional 'news' outlets and memes being the biggest)......care to fathom a guess how many of those originated in eastern bloc countries?

Ok, that works both ways you know? Was Clinton the only victim of the meme? Not a chance.
    no, but many of the anti-clinton memes and many of the fake news stories (that were later cited and linked on the net - use something as a source enough and it leaves a trail and becomes "true") originated in russia.....this is documented
    Surely you don’t believe that those numbers of people voted against Clinton because she ran a prostitution ring, or she was really a cyborg in a pants suit… Maybe they voted against her because another four years like the last eight scared the hell out of them.
    Surely you don’t believe that those numbers of people voted against Clinton because she ran a prostitution ring, or she was really a cyborg in a pants suit… Maybe they voted against her because another four years like the last eight scared the hell out of them.

the demographics of the first time voters who voted for trump says "prostitution ring".......and the grammar and postings of a large majority of ardent Trump supporters on my social media feeds says yes, they believe

yeah, 4 more years of strong, steady economic growth.....an improved reputation as a world leader, setting the example in environmental and human rights issues would be horrible
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,092 Senior Member
    A criminal act is a criminal act Mike. So you're a Putin apologist now? Have another shot of Polonium.
    Well, lock her up! :)
    tim_s wrote: »
    the demographics of the first time voters who voted for trump says "prostitution ring".......and the grammar and postings of a large majority of ardent Trump supporters on my social media feeds says yes, they believe

yeah, 4 more years of strong, steady economic growth.....an improved reputation as a world leader, setting the example in environmental and human rights issues would be horrible

Remember, stereotypes are usually deceiving.

Thing is everyone is entitled to an opinion oh how things are. The result of this last election says otherwise. Trump won. Donald freaking Trump!
    Please explain exactly how did he attack our election? I'd love to know what you know that nobody else seems to be able to find. Nobody I know or have ever spoken to about this has said anything about the Russians influence on why they voted for Trump.

it does not matter whether or not the influence worked. It matters that a crime was committed and perhaps even in collusion with the Trump campaign.
    So what about all the foreign governments, especially the Saudis, that fund campaigns? Is that not a foreign gov trying to influence an election?
    You have evidence of this? Because it is illegal. The Russians committed a cyber crime.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement