And give Ed B. the bad news.

Sheesh.

Replies

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,967 Senior Member
    What is this bad news?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    So, how about those hearings??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,943 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    What is this bad news?

This place is dying.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,010 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    This place is dying.

It has been a slow and pitiful death.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,393 Senior Member
    This place is dying.

How do you place a tourniquet on it? I'd invite some of the old crew back if I thought they would accept. I like keeping up with them on facebook, but his place has an advantage. While both sites can used in a similar manner. My friends on FB (some are here too), use FB for quick status updates and a few replies to comments. Here their behavior is different and sometimes longer, in-depth discussions take place. I like the fuller discussions even if I just read and do not comment. I just learn more that way.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Most Forums seem to be going this way. Changing times..

Mike
    I frequent 4 boards and they have quite a bit of traffic. This place has had a lot of members that were just plain run off. That other place which we can not name is quite active?
    Oh, you mean Pio, Flykuni, Hextall, BrianD??

Mike
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    Maybe we need to find our common ground instead of proving the other side wrong in infinity

These arguments are like a dog chasing his tail----I find a link---you find a link----**** rules

One thing brought us all here...fishin ---(and huntin for my young bro Buffy)

The other day I posted a rock n roll thread with meaning--something different---some participated---some who don't always---it was nice

We have to afford us the pleasant times too---life is hard---we still need an escape---even here

One question---are you at the Lodge to argue?---maybe discuss---but I've seen in my short time considerable bitterness and one upsmanship

What do you gain?--What makes actual change in the world?----not policy but maybe hurt feelings of a real person

Should everyone agree---no way---how can we grow like that

But maybe the lodge should take a collective laugh once in a while----kinda a pressure relief

Ya know---like when I chain Buff to a chair and show him all my huntin Pics:p
    ricinus wrote: »
    Oh, you mean Pio, Flykuni, Hextall, BrianD??

Mike
    MonkeyDoes Swamp Yankee Sara Mundinger Sean Steve
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    MonkeyDoes Swamp Yankee Sara Mundinger Sean Steve

Yup...

Mike
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    I was Monkey's agent one time....I feel abandoned

Sometimes at night....Alone in the darkness--I cry
    "Hello Murrica"...Sigh
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,524 Senior Member
    We need Heero and Fly Fisher 5
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Anyone hear from Emerger?
    and Fly Fisher 5

He is still waiting to hear if any of us have kissed a girl.

FishTX wrote: »
    He is still waiting to hear if any of us have kissed a girl.

Or been on a date.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    on a somber note, jack hanley passed away
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,524 Senior Member
    What! That sucks.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »

That wasn't HaveRodWillTravel, was it? I seem to remember his name was Jack...
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    That wasn't HaveRodWillTravel, was it? I seem to remember his name was Jack...

yes it was
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    No..... Sorry to hear.

Just found the post. He was too young.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,807 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Most Forums seem to be going this way. Changing times..

Mike
    And its killing the once wild places we love to visit and or fish. Where a forum reaches a few hundred like minded readers. Instagram, Facebook, and youtube (everybody mounts a gopro to their head now) reaches millions. Enjoy those places while you can, because they are aren't going to remain secret for long.
    Everyone's been R U N N O F T.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,500 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »

Sip poured.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Sad news. he was a good one.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    And its killing the once wild places we love to visit and or fish. Where a forum reaches a few hundred like minded readers. Instagram, Facebook, and youtube (everybody mounts a gopro to their head now) reaches millions. Enjoy those places while you can, because they are aren't going to remain secret for long.

If the agenda that you voted for continues, the secret spots will be sold off and nobody will have access to them.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

If the agenda that you voted for continues, the secret spots will be sold off and nobody will have access to them.

I have a jet boat. :)
    Fish harder. Millennials are soft and weak. Get too far from a Starbucks, and they won't come.
    MikeA wrote: »

On a serious note, you have this exactly backwards: exposure is the only hope you have to save those places. Environmentalism in the abstract is fine, but won't motivate most people.
    On a serious note, you have this exactly backwards: exposure is the only hope you have to save those places. Environmentalism in the abstract is fine, but won't motivate most people.

I see your point but I can't tell you how many great destinations that I've seen get "loved to death" because of overexposure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement