Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,244 Senior Member
    **** good article.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,326 Senior Member
    "Boomers don’t understand the internet and millennials were raised on it. Generation X created it."

Al Gore was born in 1948, just saying.

I think the author has the time-line wrong about a number of things, but my own time-line is a bit screwy. I was born in 1963. Demographers use to consider the end of the Baby Boom to be 1962, but it's been redefined to 1964.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,714 Senior Member
    You are a smart. We'll take you.
    Its the smallest generation for sure. The majority of the workforce went from Boomer to Millennial overnight. I think we were on top for two minutes.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    It takes a lot of work to not become one of the old white guy types.. Though it is tempting sometimes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,608 Senior Member
    2 types of alpha male...Boomers... and those trying to be boomers

Ya wanna see my dead animal and fish pics?:)
    sherb wrote: »
    You are a smart. We'll take you.
    Yes.

I'm an X'er, but the tail end. According to which timeline you follow, it ended either 78 or 82. I was born in 80.

But I ain't no dammed millennial, that's for sure. Don't know who I dislike more, them or Boomers.
    I mean, I like you Bushart.
    And you ricinus.

But that's it!
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member

Yes, Dear.

What a crock of delusional self-serving treacle! Just because the clap is not as bad as bad as ebola or the black plague does not mean it is good. :)

Yours sincerely,

A Certified Old Fart
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    You're OK too Buffy, for a young'un..

Mike
    George K wrote: »
    Yes, Dear.

What a crock of delusional self-serving treacle! Just because the clap is not as bad as bad as ebola or the black plague does not mean it is good. :)

Yours sincerely,

A Certified Old Fart

One thing about Boomers: the have all the words, they know the best words.

The Donald is a Boomer.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member
    I'm a pre-boomer. Bite THIS, Donald!. :p
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,756 Senior Member
    ...on top for two minutes.

Felling a bit optimistic today?
    Donald is the product of all his military training..

Mike
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Felling a bit optimistic today?

I don't get it. Please explain. Use small words.
    I don't get it. Please explain. Use small words.
    He's about to ask you if you have a few moments to talk about your Lord and Savior.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,756 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    He's about to ask you if you have a few moments to talk about your Lord and Savior.

You can go to hell.

Sherb, It was (apparently a bad) attempt to say that you couldn't "last" two minutes.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    You can go to hell.

Sherb, It was (apparently a bad) attempt to say that you couldn't "last" two minutes.

No yeah I got it. It was a joke within a joke. A meta-joke.

I'll show myself out now.
    I mean, I like you Bushart.

BUFF......I am Your Father

(PS Will don't add up to much---some guns and rods)
    Bushart wrote: »
    BUFF......I am Your Father

(PS Will don't add up to much---some guns and rods)
    I still love you anyways. Just take me hunting up there some day.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    I was born in 80.

But I ain't no dammed millennial, that's for sure. Don't know who I dislike more, them or Boomers.

I know who I dislike now. Gen-X. Jeesh. I graduated high school in 80.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    I still love you anyways. Just take me hunting up there some day.

You got her.....PS little secret ya can't tell anyone---MY Mother/Daughter/Sister/Niece,,,all have red hair
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 966 Senior Member
    Born in 1957. Absolute peak of the baby boom. Youngest of three. Dad fought in WW2. I remember JFK's assassination. My first grade teacher was crying. I remember John Jr saluting when the cassion bearing his father's casket rolled by. It made a big impression on a six year old. I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. Couldn't believe or understand all the girls screaming. Could hardly hear the Fab Four. Vietnam was big growing up. We got Life magazine and watched Walter Cronkite. Tet offensive, Khe Sanh. Christmas bombing campaign--B-52s over the most heavily defended airspace there has ever been. Jimi Hendrix. Walking on the moon. Tricky **** and Watergate-makes Hillary's email problem look like chopped liver. Cold War with the Soviets-big reason I can't fathom Trumps infatuation with Putin. They were the enemy-they were deadly serious and wanted to take over the world. Literally. We won and Trump wants to give Eastern Europe back to them? I feel kind of bad for the Gen Xers--came of age in the 80s or 90s? Boring. Boomers had already written the book on the sexual revolution, rock and roll, you name it.
    FishTX wrote: »
    I know who I dislike now. Gen-X. Jeesh. I graduated high school in 80.
    I like you too.
    Born in 1957. Absolute peak of the baby boom. Youngest of three. Dad fought in WW2. I remember JFK's assisination. My first grade teacher was crying. I remember John Jr saluting when the cassion bearing his father's casket rolled by. It made a big impression on a six year old. I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. Couldn't believe or understand all the girls screaming. Could hardly hear the Fab Four. Vietnam was big growing up. We got Life magazine and watched Walter Cronkite. Tet offensive, Khe Sanh. Christmas bombing campaign--B-52s over the most heavily defended airspace there has ever been. Jimi Hendrix. Walking on the moon. Tricky **** and Watergate-makes Hillary's email problem look like chopped liver. Cold War with the Soviets-big reason I can't fathom Trumps infatuation with Putin. They were the enemy-they were deadly serious and wanted to take over the world. Literally. We won and Trump wants to give Eastern Europe back to them? I feel kind of bad for the Gen Xers--came of age in the 80s or 90s? Boring. Boomers had already written the book on the sexual revolution, rock and roll, you name it.
    Go to bed, grandpa. Us Gen Xers have to get up early to go to work, try to figure out how to fix the Social Ponzi Scheme, and clean our rivers and air.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 966 Senior Member
    Go to bed, grandpa. Us Gen Xers have to get up early to go to work, try to figure out how to fix the Social Ponzi Scheme, and clean our rivers and air.

Don't worry, I'm in bed, with my iPad (ain't I all modern?) 'cause I'll be up early for work too. Probably have to work till I drop 'cause I'm not counting on any social security what with gen X types like Paul Ryan wanting to croak it. As far as clean rivers and air go, remember, boomers wrote the book on the environmental movement. Earth Day. 1970. Added bonus--Hippie chicks.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,326 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    I'm a pre-boomer. Bite THIS, Donald!. :p

George remembers the Black Plague
    Steven wrote: »
    George remembers the Black Plague
    George directed artillery fire that killed the Black Plague.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    George directed artillery fire that killed the Black Plague.

No. George catapulted the plague infected corpses over the city walls with a trebuchet. He's early artillery.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.