The American Deep State

2»

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I miss Hextall, everyone got his jokes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FlyfisherFlyfisher Member Posts: 95 Member
    I have a close relative (a young child) that has a rare form of a cancerous tumor in his leg that, if left untreated, would kill him.

He is required to take an expensive chemotherapy drug for an extended period of time (perhaps several years, or more) that would cost his family over $500.00 a week, over and above what their medical insurance would pay. There is no way his family could afford it.

The boy's mother contacted the large pharmaceutical company (everyone here would recognize this company's name) that supplies this drug, and explained her situation. The company agreed to supply this life-saving drug to the family for free.

They have been sending this drug to the family for well over a year now. Every week, like clockwork, the drug arrives via overnight mail, in a very large cold-pack styraform box. The drug is mixed in the boy's milk which he drinks every day.

The tumor is shrinking, and the boy's doctors are optimistic. He is able to walk now, something he could not do before taking the drug.

Please don't tell me that big pharmaceutical companies don't have hearts. I believe that this drug company saved this young boy's life. He is my grandson.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.