Pruitt Confirmed at EPA

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 913 Senior Member
Bummer. Inevitable of course.

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Lets give him a chance; maybe he'll surround himself with good people..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,854 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Lets give him a chance; maybe he'll surround himself with good people..

Mike

Define good people.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Those were the buzzwords on Trump after the election..

Mike
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,427 Senior Member
    1'st order of business

Dissolve the EPA
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    1'st order of business

Dissolve the EPA

Wouldn't go that far but it certainly needs to be curtailed the same thing with CARB.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,854 Senior Member
    I guess we better get used to the taste of ****.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Coal, it's the new superfood..

Mike
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    I live at the Colorado headwaters. I will be sure to flush twice for you guys. :D
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    Did you know CARB designed gas cans? The kind that leak WAY worse than the old style.

Enjoy your $45 five gallon gas cans.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Did you know CARB designed gas cans? The kind that leak WAY worse than the old style.

Enjoy your $45 five gallon gas cans.

You just gut the nozzle I still take my old style Jerry cans just keep them out of site and fill the modified compliant one as necessary. They now want us to use a fueling carpet when we fill our toys in case of any spills. Haven't got any grief for fire walking YET which surprise's me. When we are all tuned up at night you dump a gallon of gas in a small area in the sand and light it up. Then you slide through it doing a rooster tail which is on fire quite a site to see.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    1'st order of business

Dissolve the EPA

They introduced a bill to do that recently. You want clean water? You can buy it by the bottle from Nestle.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Buford wrote: »
    You just gut the nozzle I still take my old style Jerry cans just keep them out of site and fill the modified compliant one as necessary. They now want us to use a fueling carpet when we fill our toys in case of any spills. Haven't got any grief for fire walking YET which surprise's me. When we are all tuned up at night you dump a gallon of gas in a small area in the sand and light it up. Then you slide through it doing a rooster tail which is on fire quite a site to see.
    Fueling carpet??!

**** ridiculous.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,317 Senior Member
    Nah you should just let gasoline enter the aquifer. What a bunch of selfish whiners.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Fueling carpet??!

**** ridiculous.

It is, we are out in the middle of nowhere and with the price of gas no one is spilling the stuff. More gas hits the sand starting campfires and fire walking than filling the quads and bikes.
    64484598.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    64484598.jpg

Is this your snowflake butt hurt meme? The only one needing a violin here is you.
    FishTX wrote: »
    They introduced a bill to do that recently. You want clean water? You can buy it by the bottle from Nestle.

This was just my guess---did'nt say I agreed with it---which I don't

Hey I'm an outdoorsman---kinda like clean air n water
    This was just my guess---did'nt say I agreed with it---which I don't

Hey I'm an outdoorsman---kinda like clean air n water

Kinda fond of it myself.
    Nah you should just let gasoline enter the aquifer. What a bunch of selfish whiners.
    Lol. Their cans do nothing the predecessor didn't, and it's just one very small example of bureaucratic nonsense that does nothing for the environment.

Nobody here is for abolishing the EPA.
    Fire walking.. never heard of that. Buford, you may be single handedly responsible for CARB.
    Lol. Their cans do nothing the predecessor didn't, and it's just one very small example of bureaucratic nonsense that does nothing for the environment.

Nobody here is for abolishing the EPA.

I feel so bad for you how tragic you have to carry a piece of carpet to avoid spilling gasoline on the soil. We must rise up to defeat this tyranny.

Here let me find that violin.
    I feel so bad for you how tragic you have to carry a piece of carpet to avoid spilling gasoline on the soil. We must rise up to defeat this tyranny.
    Here let me find that violin.

You rise up and fight this if you must Christopher. Myself I just carry the fueling carpet.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,585 Senior Member

It's got to be in that constitution somewhere! Maybe Hannity or Limbaugh can look it up for me and tell me about it.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    It's got to be in that constitution somewhere! Maybe Hannity or Limbaugh can look it up for me and tell me about it.

Pretty sure it's not but Hannity and Linbaugh cant be bothered with such trivial things. They have much more important things to work on.
    So you carry a carpet to avoid spillage, then you pour a gallon of gas and light it on fire. I think I'm missing something here..

Mike
    He, like many ATV'ers, is missing a lot of things.
    Yes you are, a rooster tail of burning sand at night is a sight to see. Not the smartest thing to do but its fun and besides the gas is burned up and I doubt there is much else left.
    Ha Ha...I thought I was crazy....Nice to know the truth

Go on boys....Git'er Dun!

Ya Give us Hillbillies a bad name---Can ya not go cook your meth and not implicate us
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    ....and besides the gas is burned up and I doubt there is much else left.

but be honest -- you don't really care if that's true, either way, right?

yeah. didn't think so.
    but be honest -- you don't really care if that's true, either way, right?

yeah. didn't think so.

Assumptions again Scott? Is that what you guys did at the lab. If I thought it was that bad I wouldn't do it. Hollywood does a lot more damage to the environment than I do. Besides as I get older and the close call of burning up a trailer I don't do it so much anymore. They even outlawed SOBE bombs out here probably a good thing. Gas in a glass bottle in the middle of the camp fire things can go wrong if it falls over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxCvcQaZmY8
    Go to 1:45 to see a SOBE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.