Yo, Mr. V.P., How's That Bromance With The President Going?

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 9,759 Senior Member
Officials: Trump kept Pence in dark over Flynn-Russia call

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Just six days into his presidency, Donald Trump was informed his national security adviser had misled his vice president about contacts with Russia. Trump kept his No. 2 in the dark and waited nearly three weeks before ousting the aide, Michael Flynn, citing a slow but steady erosion of trust, White House officials said...

...Pence spokesman Marc Lotter said Pence became aware that he had received "incomplete information" from Flynn only after the first Washington Post report Thursday night. Pence learned about the Justice Department warnings to the White House around the same time.

The officials and others with knowledge of the situation were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and requested anonymity...

http://forums.flyfisherman.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=18
Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,596 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

The officials and others with knowledge of the situation were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and requested anonymity...

Huh. Interesting.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,759 Senior Member
    This gets back to what I posted in another thread - 'tain't mid-level bureaucrats doing the leaking.
    How do you know that?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,759 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    How do you know that?

The stories quote former and current officials with full knowledge of or in a position to know innermost details. The exceedingly few career bureaucrats thus situated could be identified in a heartbeat, even by Trump's Not Ready For Prime Time Players; ergo it is political appointees, possibly inner circle rivals doing the leaking. This is how Washington always has worked. My experience with two state governments was that they were minor league versions of the feds; less adept and more apt to step on their penile appendages when attempting this sort of stiletto work.
    Nine of them though? WaPo claims it verified the claims through Nine sources. This isn't a Mark Felt type situation. There are a ton of leaks.
    Interesting take here.

If you’re a Republican and find yourself more angry about the leaks than the allegations, ask yourself — how would you feel if the president was a Democrat? Would you be similarly apoplectic about the leaks? Or would you also be concerned about the substance of the claims? Or, if you don’t like hypotheticals, what did you find more outrageous during the 2016 election, the Russian hack of the DNC or the contents of the DNC e-mails? It’s time for the constitutional system to work. It’s time for the legislative branch to investigate the executive. Simply put, it’s time for the truth.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444933/donald-trump-russia-contacts-what-we-know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.