Open Air Situation Room

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 6,805 Senior Member
So much ignorance and incompetence on display with this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-turns-mar-a-lago-club-terrace-into-open-air-situation-room/2017/02/13/c5525096-f20d-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html

I know I will get retorts to this one saying there isn't a problem. And maybe there isn't (I don't really believe that!), but you would have to really convince me.
I'm a lowly USAF civilian and I would have known not to do a lot of what happened at that dinner table.

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,271 Senior Member
    Haven't we been clamoring for transparency in govt?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Da, I mean yes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,805 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Haven't we been clamoring for transparency in govt?

Oh ****, that is funny!
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,967 Senior Member
    There was an article from "The Hill" that mentioned the cell phone lights. It said the possibility of a hacked phone could mean its camera was on documents could be compromised.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,873 Senior Member
    ****. ****. ****.....

People should be happy the meetings weren't conducted at the bar, or in the men's room.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I know I will get retorts to this one saying there isn't a problem. And maybe there isn't (I don't really believe that!), but you would have to really convince me.

There's nothing in that article to indicate they discussed anything classified.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, told reporters Monday that “no classified material” was shared at the table at Mar-a-Lago and that Trump had been briefed in a secure location both before and after dinner.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,725 Senior Member
    and Sean Spicer has been so honest up unto this point.

If this were Hillary you would be apoplectic.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    and Sean Spicer has been so honest up unto this point.

If this were Hillary you would be apoplectic.

Lol. No I wouldn't due to lack of interest or care about such trivial things. Must have been a slow news day.

But lets be honest here...Trump was just telling Abe that he has the biggest and bestest raw fish!! :)
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    There's nothing in that article to indicate they discussed anything classified.[/I]

and as I was told over and over again during my days in that world, the absence of classified documents does NOT mean that the meeting itself didn't deal with classified material. The conversation itself could very easily been sensitive.

In reality, do I think anything was compromised by their having the discussion there? probably not.

But for a guy who came into office in large part on the basis of criticizing his opponent's handling of sensitive information, it's incredibly sloppy and not JUST because of the poor optics of it. I got involved in more than one conversation that was about far less sensitive matters, yet had to be moved to a SCIF and would have gotten me in trouble if I had carried it out in a public place.
    Lol. No I wouldn't due to lack of interest or care about such trivial things. Must have been a slow news day.

But lets be honest here...Trump was just telling Abe that he has the biggest and bestest raw fish!! :)

You didn't read the article did you? They were discussing NK's missile test. That much is obvious. Also, what would prevent someone that knew that Trump was going to be there from bringing listening devices to the resort? This is far worse that Hillary's email and you wanted to jail the *****.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The Secret Service, one hopes, would have swept the room for any bugs or surveillance devices, and controlled access to the site(s) ever since the election.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    The Secret Service, one hopes, would have swept the room for any bugs or surveillance devices, and controlled access to the site(s) ever since the election.

considering that the meeting was photo streamed in near real time to Facebook by a club member sitting 20 feet away, I'm not sure that is a safe bet.
    You didn't read the article did you?

Read the whoooooooooooole thing.
    They were discussing NK's missile test. That much is obvious. Also, what would prevent someone that knew that Trump was going to be there from bringing listening devices to the resort? This is far worse that Hillary's email and you wanted to jail the *****.

What George said. Whatever they did at that table in a room under strict security still doesn't hold a candle to Hillary's private closet email server...
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    How hard is it to purchase a $13 pay as you go phone from walmat, with cash, and make calls without the possibility of being traced? Not hard at all. Who doesn’t know that??
    considering that the meeting was photo streamed in near real time to Facebook by a club member sitting 20 feet away, I'm not sure that is a safe bet.

That would indeed make a difference. :)
    Read the whoooooooooooole thing.

What George said. Whatever they did at that table in a room under strict security still doesn't hold a candle to Hillary's private closet email server...

Her server had more security than that dinner table. You didn't need bugs all you needed was a microphone.
    And two turntables...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.