Insane state of the union

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,924 Senior Member
Matt Taibbi and Chris Hedges discuss Taibbi's book "Insane Clown President", very interesting.

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/on_contact_matt_taibbi_on_how_an_insane_clown_president_201702121

How did an indecorous outsider manage to game the system put in place by the elite class and bulldoze his way through the Republican Party and into the White House? Journalist and author Matt Taibbi has a pretty good idea that he lays out in his new book

Hedges has an idea, too. As the Truthdig columnist and “On Contact” host puts it in the introduction to this show, “An image-based culture, one dominated by junk politics, communicates through narratives, pictures and carefully orchestrated spectacle as well as manufactured pseudo-drama.” Who better than President Donald Trump to capitalize on those cultural conditions, as well as on the breakdown of American institutions purportedly charged with safeguarding democracy?

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,955 Senior Member
    Aren't these great times we live in Ed?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,924 Senior Member
    Yes, I wonder how bad it'S going to get.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,380 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.