Conspiracy

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,149 Senior Member
Now it usually takes me five seconds or so to see through them, sometimes maybe ten seconds more if they are well done. But this one I think has more than strong roots in reality.

Steven Bannon. I am sure he has been discussed to death here (no time to look) but this dude is dangerous. Never mind the far right wing, neo ****, white supremacist associations, his real danger is his belief in "Duganism." Now that is some crazy and frankly stupid stuff, maybe even worse that Ayn Rand's garbage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Dugin

He started Bolshevik Party in defense of Stalinism

“I’m a Leninist,” Steve Bannon told a writer for The Daily Beast, in late 2013. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/steve-bannon-will-lead-trumps-white-house

so far he's carrying it all out perfectly.
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    So where do you think this going to go, Michael, is this the beginning of the chaotic self destruction of our social structure that I have been speaking of for the last 30 years? If so, what do you think is a viable alternative to replace it?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,712 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    So where do you think this going to go, Michael, is this the beginning of the chaotic self destruction of our social structure that I have been speaking of for the last 30 years? If so, what do you think is a viable alternative to replace it?

I'm sorry to report that we can limp along for quite a long while as is.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a tense high-level meeting between senior congressional leadership and the administration that results in Bannon being relegated to a political/advisory role.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    Is that wishful thinking or is there a process in place to accomplish that?
    Is that wishful thinking?

Well. . .yes.
    there a process in place to accomplish that?

Nothing formal. Just need a strong enough desire to see that National security concerns are dealt with separately from the politics.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    The goal is this Authoritarian Christian State of consisting of Russian/US partnership to control the world. I don't think that is going to happen, but the Authoritarian State here is very likely if we let our guard down. Looks like we are in the end of the Wiemar republic. This stuff is textbook actually if you've studied it at any depth. But like I said, we need to watch, half the country now is seemingly very willing to surrender rights, freedoms and the conscience of the American Constitution for "stability." I am not saying this will come about, but there are those working toward this goal. The goal is achieved by chaos, by blame, scapegoating and fear mongering, sound familiar? Drive the wedges in and the different groups will take care of the rest. It's been happening for thirty years intended or unintended.

And really none of it matters becasue we are on the cusp of no return. Science can't change anything back if he continue on the carbon fuel insanity. I was asked here about the costs many years ago of changing to mostly renewables, those costs (in jobs etc) then were nothing compared to what are going to be now. Water anyone?

Sherb, Not going to happen anytime soon. If only Congress would stop putting Party over country as is usual. I just can't understand republicans/conservatives in congress going with Trump like . No democrat could ever do this stuff without being eviscerated. I almost think they'd sacrifice the Republic to get their own way...at least that's how it seems. Ideology doesn't allow deviation ask Ryan, it is infallible.
    Imagine how bad things would be if the administration was actually competent. :)
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Imagine how bad things would be if the administration was actually competent. :)

yeah that's scary....but then again chaos is the objective, so maybe they are "competent." The more things you are bombarded with the less likely you will be paying attention when they sneak in the really bad crap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.