Iran bombs Saudi Frigate

Replies

• CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    Let's face it. President Trump can do no good in their eyes. The End.

I actually agree with you, but to be fair, he's giving them a lot of ammo.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,709 Senior Member
    Michael Flynn is a paranoid conspiracy theorist. So much so he makes **** Cheney seem like a realist.

I'll bet you never thought you'd be pining for Cheney and Rove

Conservative principle #1: no matter how bad things are, they can always be worse.

I'll bet Dubya never yelled at the Australian PM on the phone.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,988 Senior Member
    When will someone throw a shoe at Trump? :D
    creekguy wrote: »
    On notice huh. For what, the invasion of Iran that the Neocons have yearned for? Things might be coming into focus. Disturbing.

You don't get it. They are ON NOTICE.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    So when does Putin sent in the Surface to Air missiles?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 963 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Absolutely! Which is why I'll never understand Obama making deals with them. Let alone sending them millions of our tax dollars (Owed from 30 years ago, or not, pfft). If Trump made a similar deal with Russia, with cash being flown in overnight, in secret, and then lied about it,,, can you imagine all the collective head explosions?

I'll grant you that the cash thing had an odor factor, but it was part of a larger deal that I think was, on balance, in our interest. What was the alternative? We could have kept the sanctions in place but they were not going cause the Iranians to back down. The centrifuges would have continued to spin, in a matter of months the Iranians would get enough fissile material to make a bomb, and they would have made one. Then what? A war without end.
    Let's face it. President Trump can do no good in their eyes. The End.

That's rich. Obama could have spun straw into gold and the conservatives would have complained.

It is too early to tell about Trump. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but given the things he said during the campaign, his appointments and his overall demeanor I am skeptical. But, we'll see.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    That's rich. Obama could have spun straw into gold and the conservatives would have complained.
    I was referring to the media outlets CNN and MRSNBC
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Hard to do when all you have is crap for material. ;):p

what am I supposed to do with Gold Straw? Obama is so incompetent he can't even give me coins?
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    He knew how to spin health care into ****, that's for sure.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    He knew how to spin health care into ****, that's for sure.

Prediction: Trump will make it worse. Less coverage, higher costs.

But if he can pull a rabbit out of a hat then I'll say "you rock man."
    Prediction: Trump will make it worse. Less coverage, higher costs.

But if he can pull a rabbit out of a hat then I'll say "you rock man."

How can it be worse than it already is?

Costs are already crazy out of control. Since my wife sold health insurance up until the end of December last year I got to see actual costs first hand. Can you imagine having to pay $10-$15k a year out of your salary for a family health insurance with $4000-$8000 deductibles?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,570 Senior Member

This whole thing could have been prevented if Obama had said that drinking battery acid is bad for you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    How can it be worse than it already is?

Costs are already crazy out of control. Since my wife sold health insurance up until the end of December last year I got to see actual costs first hand. Can you imagine having to pay $10-$15k a year out of your salary for a family health insurance with $4000-$8000 deductibles?

NZ, the healthcare snowflake..:D

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Ha!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,807 Senior Member
    I'm suggesting that he's a fascist, because I do not think he is. He's more of a demagogue or South American caudillo wannabe. But I think the new Official White House Motto should be one used by Generalissimo Franco's fascist armies:

"¡Muera la inteligencia! ¡Viva la muerte!" .

Lest anyone believe it was a Mezzcan import, they would, of course, have to use the only the English translation:

"Death to intelligence! Long live death!"
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,735 Senior Member

Were you under a rock prior to the implementation of the ACA?
    Health care costs have been out of control for a really long time.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,951 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

yeah, we had to negotiate a clause in our contract that you couldn't take home less this year than you did the previous year because of increasing health insurance rates

our contract is based on step raises every two years.....there were years where some teachers, especially in the middle of the pay scale, got caught on the 2nd year of the step and were taking home a lot less than the year before.....we were averaging 15-20+% increases a year for a good bit there (pre ACA)
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    Yeah but it got worse after ACA kicked into full gear...My wife getting non stop calls from clients asking why their premium doubled or tripled compared to previous years when it would remain unchanged or only go up 5-7%

tim_s wrote: »
    yeah, we had to negotiate a clause in our contract that you couldn't take home less this year than you did the previous year because of increasing health insurance rates

our contract is based on step raises every two years.....there were years where some teachers, especially in the middle of the pay scale, got caught on the 2nd year of the step and were taking home a lot less than the year before.....we were averaging 15-20+% increases a year for a good bit there (pre ACA)
    Employer sponsored insurance not a valid comparison to individual insurance which I was referring to.

Employer sponsored insurance not a valid comparison to individual insurance.

rates were still out of control for years....
    And still are. ACA didn't fix that.

And still are. ACA didn't fix that.

well, yeah.....we need single payer universal
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,735 Senior Member
    Yeah but it got worse after ACA kicked into full gear...My wife getting non stop calls from clients asking why their premium doubled or tripled compared to previous years when it would remain unchanged or only go up 5-7%

The hyperbole meter just busted.
    tim_s wrote: »
    well, yeah.....we need single payer universal
    Didn't Vermont try that only to realize they couldn't pay for it?

The hyperbole meter just busted.
    No. It's still sitting on the low side.

Didn't Vermont try that only to realize they couldn't pay for it?

don't 20+ other countries make it work?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,570 Senior Member
    Employer sponsored insurance not a valid comparison to individual insurance which I was referring to.

Yeah because we should not look at the type of insurance 90% of the country has and only focus on what your wife sold.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.