Can we now agree that polical correctness has gone completely over the cliff?

Replies

• CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    What a bunch of ****.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,959 Senior Member
    There's never a Sweet Meteor of Death around when you need one...
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,072 Senior Member
    So one woman tweets and that is supposed to be representative of what exactly? That there is always going to be someone that gets bent out of shape over something?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    So one woman tweets and that is supposed to be representative of what exactly?

This is how it works the other way.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,915 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    This is how it works the other way.

She is not Donald Trump
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    But she could be the guy who punched the protestor.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,106 Senior Member
    That there is always going to be someone that gets bent out of shape over something?

Someone? Someone?

That someone has multiplied into the hundreds of thousands these days that are chronically offended by every little thing.

People that are so weak that mere words and images offend them. Sad state of affairs these days.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,039 Senior Member
    I think people complaining about political correctness is a form of political correctness.
    Nobody is complaining that I see. Just pointing out of the stupidity and absurdity of it all.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,005 Senior Member
    Now that's **** of America.
    Someone? Someone?

That someone has multiplied into the hundreds of thousands these days that are chronically offended by every little thing.

People that are so weak that mere words and images offend them. Sad state of affairs these days.

Really, because I am completely unaware of anyone on social media, and I am linked into a lot of liberal sources, or anywhere else echoing this woman's baloney complaint.

Hey don't look at me, you voted for the guy.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,915 Senior Member
    Hey I know this answer

What is "Snowflake" Alex
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,039 Senior Member

Good one. Zing!
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Fake news.
    Fact: Joe and I both sherb'd our votes. (frickin knowitall cucumbers)
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    The result is the same and you both just LOVE him.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    I am definitely a President Trump supporter now.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    and I am linked into a lot of liberal sources,

And therein lies the problem.

Sorry...Gary Johnson baby!!!!!
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,963 Senior Member
    Really, because I am completely unaware of anyone on social media, and I am linked into a lot of liberal sources, or anywhere else echoing this woman's baloney complaint.

I'm linked into a lot of liberal sources as well, and if you are unaware of the tension between feminists and the transgendered (now they even have me speaking their lingo), you aren't paying attention. That story was utterly predictable to me. The only surprise was that I read it in National Review, rather than Slate or Vox.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    WE of the "left" and of the "right" (I am both, i'm a joiner) find it worthwhile to embarrass the other side by focusing on the extreme actions of idiots of the opposition. In a country of 300 million, such idiots are easy to find. It is much more entertaining and ego boosting than arguing about the fine points that the issues reveal, such as how much legal status should be given to such people, who's condition is a result of fate.
    sherb wrote: »
    I'm linked into a lot of liberal sources as well, and if you are unaware of the tension between feminists and the transgendered (now they even have me speaking their lingo), you aren't paying attention. That story was utterly predictable to me. The only surprise was that I read it in National Review, rather than Slate or Vox.

And that doesn't tell you something?
    And therein lies the problem.

Yeah I only go to Washington Times to look at celebrity boobies.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,963 Senior Member
    And that doesn't tell you something?

oh, I'm sorry. Is it inaccurate in some way? Please share.
    If they are the only site to point out, you don't think it might be part of an agenda? In either case this is not a story that broke out anywhere but conservative media and a click bait site.
    You know you may have a point.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/white-house-holocaust-memorial-day/

I guess all lives really do matter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.