No One SHould Ever Question The Daily Mail Ever Again

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,799 Senior Member
    I know it is uncool to admit this, but... Guiness is ****.

I like a stout now and again, but not that dry-tasting stuff.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,195 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

Mormon blasphemy!!! ;)
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member

Not Guinness stout, Guinness draft..

**** Mormons..:D

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,714 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Mormon blasphemy!!! ;)

Say what you will. But we have some awesome breweries here. I had a Wasatch First One Down just yesterday. It was the perfect after ski beer.

Wasatch-FirstOneDown-Bottle.png
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The micro-breweries are popping up up everywhere. Pricey, but they make some **** nice products.

Mike
    Yes, the breweries here are quite good with one caveat. They make styles that just do not fit into a 3.2% alcohol limit. You cannot have an IPA that is 3.2; it just doesn't work that way. However, if they stick to styles that fit within that mandated framework, they do a great job with the low-point stuff.
    The liquor store beers (stuff they can't sell anywhere but liquor stores and bars/restaurants with a unique type of 'double secret probation-esque' liquor license) are truly great in a lot of cases.

Chris,
    Have you been to Red Rock Brewing yet? Good bar-style grub and a nice list of on-tap low-point beers. They also bottle many of their high-point stuff that is really great. Also, if you are looking for a grocery store beer that is good, try out Wasatch Brewing's "Yard Sale."

Mike & Jim,
    Go to hell.
    Mike & Jim,
    Go to hell.

Can i borrow one of your 3.2 beers when we are there. Oh wait I guess you dont get one
    3.2 Is that non alcoholic??

Mike
    I'm not sure if I posted about this great beer or not. But it's currently on the top of my favorites.

http://boulderbeer.com/shake/
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,714 Senior Member
    Yes, the breweries here are quite good with one caveat. They make styles that just do not fit into a 3.2% alcohol limit. You cannot have an IPA that is 3.2; it just doesn't work that way. However, if they stick to styles that fit within that mandated framework, they do a great job with the low-point stuff.
    The liquor store beers (stuff they can't sell anywhere but liquor stores and bars/restaurants with a unique type of 'double secret probation-esque' liquor license) are truly great in a lot of cases.

Chris,
    Have you been to Red Rock Brewing yet? Good bar-style grub and a nice list of on-tap low-point beers. They also bottle many of their high-point stuff that is really great. Also, if you are looking for a grocery store beer that is good, try out Wasatch Brewing's "Yard Sale."

Mike & Jim,
    Go to hell.

Question, I didn't think the beer they served in the breweries were 3.2, are you sure? Because when we ate a Squatters that was an awfully good ale I had with one serious burger.

I have not been to Red Rock. But do not waste your time at the Strap Tank.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Chris, if it was on tap it was 3.2. Not a single tap with high point beer is allowed anywhere. Squatters does a good job with food and beer!
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member
    Shawn, can you please explain the law on the 3.2 beer? From what I'm reading, this sounds entertaining.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.