The Shoe is On the Other Foot

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 928 Senior Member
For years Trump tried to de-legitimize Obama's presidency with his "birther" claims.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot:

Trump battles for legitimacy
A leaked CIA report backs the president-elect into a corner as Democrats pounce.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-russia-hacking-intel-democrats-232509

The idea that a hostile foreign power interfered in our election is very serious and the facts bearing on the matter need to come out.

And I will say that a big part of me likes the idea of Trump being hobbled right from the get go. But, in reality I've accepted the fact that he won the required number of electoral votes and under our constitution is entitled to be President. I'd rather he be fought on the merits of his proposals/actions.

Replies

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Ten Electoral College members have requested an intelligence briefing on Russia’s meddling in the U.S. presidential election, a week before the group is scheduled to formally certify the results.
    "The bipartisan group (of 10 Presidential Electors)made their case to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper in an open letter Monday, arguing that the information is essential to their duties as electors who are tasked to “elect a president who is constitutionally qualified and fit to serve.”
    Citing Alexander Hamilton’s writing in The Federalist Papers, the electors argue Russian interference in the election must factor into their decision. In Federalist #68, Hamilton charged the Electoral College with preventing a “desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.”
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,663 Senior Member
    Time to make some popcorn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.