Re the Iran deal (no, not that one)

creekguycreekguy Senior MemberPosts: 3,905 Senior Member
The other one:

Iran's official news agency, IRNA, said this morning that the Islamic Republic has signed an agreement with The Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA) to purchase 80 aircraft valued at around $16.6 billion. The deal comes less than a month after the U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation that would prohibit the Treasury Department from issuing licenses for aircraft sales to Iran thus making it impossible to finance the sales.
…Today's agreement will support tens of thousands of U.S. jobs directly associated with production and delivery of the 777-300ERs and nearly 100,000 U.S. jobs in the U.S. aerospace value stream for the full course of deliveries. The first airplanes under this agreement are scheduled for delivery in 2018.
If the sale is a metaphorical poker game, Boeing has just seen the last political raise and bumped it by $16.6 billion and 100,000 U.S. jobs. Congressional Republicans want to scuttle the agreement between Iran and the six-nation coalition, including the United States, that relaxed sanctions on the Islamic Republic in exchange for a halt (or at least a slowdown) to Iran's nuclear development program.
On edit: It would appear the ayatollah is willing to fly around in aircraft made by the Great Satan. He is definitely sending a mixed message to his people. Will DJT tear up the Nuke agreement? Boeing has put him and the GOP on the line.

Replies

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 922 Senior Member
    I say sell them the planes. If we don't the Europeans will.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,739 Senior Member
    I too say sell them. With all the on-board computers and software it will be easy enough to hide some disabling code somewhere should it be needed in the future.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,643 Senior Member
    Yeah, why give Airbus the business?

George: Been watching too much TV or just waxing nostalgic? No need for disabling software! These are B777, not F-35's.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Thanks Obama..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.