Trump Doesn't Want to Admit that the Russians Were Trying to Help Him

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 1,018 Senior Member
People really need to think about the fact that the Russians were trying to help Trump win the election. They need to ask themselves why the Russians would want to help him and think about what that means for our national interests.

Russia under Putin is an aggressive, expansionist, authoritarian country. Putin wants to restore Russia's control over eastern Europe, contrary to the wishes of the people in eastern Europe.

I am glad to see that there is bi-partisan support for getting to the bottom of Russian meddling in our election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.2b6222ad82d1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/12/08/republicans-ready-to-launch-wide-ranging-probe-of-russia-despite-trumps-stance/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_russia-hack-715pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&tid=a_inl&utm_term=.273673efa1ed

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Maybe if he attended some intelligence briefings, he'd change his mind..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,924 Senior Member
    But, but, er he already knows more than the "failures" in the intelligence agencies. Why attend their sad briefings?

And one suspects that as he knows more about ISIS than the generals do, he is staffing-up with generals in order to be surrounded by people more ignorant than himself.

It's science.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,091 Senior Member
    Election hacking? Isn't this what lefties were saying couldn't happen?

Hillary loses and now we have hacking investigations going on? Too funny. ;)

The President Elect claims there were "millions of fraudulent votes". Is he a lefty in your world?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    The President Elect claims there were "millions of fraudulent votes". Is he a lefty in your world?

Also, "lefties" weren't saying that election hacking couldn't happen. They were saying the voter ID protections Republicans were passing solve a problem that doesn't exist in any significant manner.

More lies from the liar.

Yup, Lindsey Graham and John McCain are lefties alright..

Mike
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    So really, who is going to be surprised when it's revealed that Trump and/or his team were working with the Russian hackers, or were behind the whole thing from the get-go?
    May not come out this year, or even during the administration, but it's coming out sometime. I'd wager money on it.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,873 Senior Member

I saw the smiley face after the second comment, but I would like to know if thte first comment (above) is also tongue-in-cheek. If not, you may not want to admit you were serious. But then again, I'm not the thought police. ;)
    Cuddy wrote: »
    So really, who is going to be surprised when it's revealed that Trump and/or his team were working with the Russian hackers, or were behind the whole thing from the get-go?
    May not come out this year, or even during the administration, but it's coming out sometime. I'd wager money on it.

Yikes! I had not given that any thought. What a terrifying idea.

Edit to add: It is indeed very refreshing for both sides of the aisle to put aside their differences and take this threat against national security seriously.
    I don't know about hacking, but fake news and misinformation would be a hallmark of a propaganda war. I'll let our resident spy weigh in.. :cool:

Mike
    He's probably busy at the baccarat table. ;)
    Breaking news - our WW II gallant allies also hacked the GOP but did not release anything, furthering the supposition that they were intervening in our election on Trump's behalf.
    WaPo just released an article saying the same, George.

Secret CIA assessment: Russia tried to help Trump win - The Washington Post
    https://apple.news/AGiURCjpYRTyb3ysOiDAAFw
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,945 Senior Member

Actually I had been saying all along that if people were really interested in stopping voter fraud and not stopping black people from voting they would be more interested in paper ballots from the Diebold machines and not ID cards,
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,091 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I saw the smiley face after the second comment, but I would like to know if thte first comment (above) is also tongue-in-cheek. If not, you may not want to admit you were serious. But then again, I'm not the thought police. ;)

It applied to the whole thing. At least someone here gets it. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.