Home The Lodge

Oh for freak's sake...

1235»

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

****... 2+ hours? How am I going to fit in my podcasts about Westworld and Atlanta!?!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I'm not much for podcasts but I thought it was worthwhile.
    Maybe this is more your style:

Recommended podcast
    I'm sorry for what I did.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,655 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Except you have no idea at all whether that information was passed to her. Like I said, this particular question was so obviously going to be asked at this particular debate, I am skeptical that she was even informed that Brazile passed it along.

If the Clinton team went to the moderators and said, "Hey, we were told there'd be a question about the Flint water crisis" the moderators would say, "duh."

So what about the other leaked question? How many more are there?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/11/donna_brazile_may_have_fed_clinton_campaign_town_hall_question.html
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    Both of them are all in for Hillary, because the alternative is the Donald. That's how bad he is. He turned Andrew Sullivan into a Clinton supporter.

But don't take my word for it.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/the-lesser-evil

I am aware that he is all in for Hillary. But his history is of bashing the Clintons.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Maybe this is more your style:

Recommended podcast

Hmmmm. . . .could be a rickroll. . .nah, its probably a video of someone getting left on the dock. No need to watch that. I lived it.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »

Here is a question, how do we know these emails are legit? Because wikileaks is so honest?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Why did she "resign"?

Sure, that ones worse than the Flint question. But I still don't think getting some questions in advance is a all that big a deal as the amount of time candidates prepare all potential questions is staggering. There's no doubt in my mind that Sanders also prepared for death penalty questions.

CNN has a major problem with their punditry. They have many employees that are still unofficially (or even officially in some cases) working for both political campaigns. I think it's time to no longer giving them debate moderating duties.

I find it kind of funny that you're condemning Clinton for getting illicit information and that you have too much integrity to do such a thing, but you're using illegally hacked emails to do this condemnation. It's quite hypocritical.
    Hmmmm. . . .could be a rickroll. . .nah, its probably a video of someone getting left on the dock. No need to watch that. I lived it.

Did Donna email you the link beforehand!?!
    Brazile, like 99.9999999999999999999% of the world’s population, has no idea how this info was obtained. She’s not a hacker. She also has no idea what all else they have. She’s probably just praying that she will be allowed to just fade away into obscurity. Being hacked and exposed like that has to scary as F.
    But I still don't think getting some questions in advance is a all that big a deal as the amount of time candidates prepare all potential questions is staggering.

I think there's a false belief that the political parties shouldn't aid their candidates of choice. Sanders is not a member of the Democratic party, so it's understandable to think that the DNC would try to steer their nomination to Clinton, a high standing party member.

You don't exactly have to be Woodard or Bernstein to demonstrate that political parties have pulled some ****.
    Sure, that ones worse than the Flint question. But I still don't think getting some questions in advance is a all that big a deal as the amount of time candidates prepare all potential questions is staggering. There's no doubt in my mind that Sanders also prepared for death penalty questions.

CNN has a major problem with their punditry. They have many employees that are still unofficially (or even officially in some cases) working for both political campaigns. I think it's time to no longer giving them debate moderating duties.

I find it kind of funny that you're condemning Clinton for getting illicit information and that you have too much integrity to do such a thing, but you're using illegally hacked emails to do this condemnation. It's quite hypocritical.

An aside: No one should be happy about the Russians interfering in our election, even if it makes the Clinton's squirm. I realize this is too much for Trump, but a statesman could say as much and it would actually carry some weight. If the Trump campaign announced that it was no longer interested in using the information gleaned from Wikileaks in its campaign, Wikileaks' incentives for interfering would be significantly reduced.
    Being hacked and exposed like that has to scary as F.

It is much less terrifying to be able to demonstrate one's stupidity unwittingly. Ignorance is bliss.
    I think there's a false belief that the political parties shouldn't aid their candidates of choice. Sanders is not a member of the Democratic party, so it's understandable to think that the DNC would try to steer their nomination to Clinton, a high standing party member.

Not only understandable; completely defensible. A political party is a vehicle for translating ideas into policy. Can't do that if you don't win, and Sanders would not win.

Apparently the GOP didn't get the memo, but whatevs. Bygones.
    If the Trump campaign announced that it was no longer interested in using the information gleaned from Wikileaks in its campaign, Wikileaks' incentives for interfering would be significantly reduced.

This not only illuminates Trump's lack of statesmanship, he literally solicited russian hackers to hack into her emails.

They are both less than desirable candidates, but they aren't equally deplorable.
    Not only understandable; completely defensible.

Seriously... Steven... line starts way back behind me.
    Brazile, like 99.9999999999999999999% of the world’s population, has no idea how this info was obtained.

Is this the lie to blind yourself from your hypocrisy? That there's a very small chance the DNC and Podesta's emails were legally obtained?

Or are you just ruminating on the technical method in which these emails were obtained? Like... click this link to save a Nigerian Prince, Mr. Podesta.

You don't exactly have to be Woodard or Bernstein to demonstrate that political parties have pulled some ****.

It wouldn't be a big deal, if everyone got them in advance. But then, what would be the point in a live debate.
    Secret insider feeding Sanders information: Hey... they are going to ask you about Clinton's email
    Sanders: Don't. ****. Care. 99% you son of a ****!
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,726 Senior Member
    Seriously... Steven... line starts way back behind me.

He just feels bad about leaving you at the dock again.
    You guys keep saying he left me at the dock... but I'm pretty sure he'll be here any moment.
    It is much less terrifying to be able to demonstrate one's stupidity unwittingly. Ignorance is bliss.

Oh, guess I missed this little snark.
    IQ alone does not make the man Hex. It's just a small part of what makes the greatness that I seek in my life. Using your intelligence like a weapon to brow beat someone in a non-confrontational discussion speaks volumes about one’s character…
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,101 Senior Member
    Oh, guess I missed this little snark.
    IQ alone does not make the man Hex. It's just a small part of what makes the greatness that I seek in my life. Using your intelligence like a weapon to brow beat someone in a non-confrontational discussion speaks volumes about one’s character…

he says you're a ****
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    Using your intelligence like a weapon to brow beat someone in a non-confrontational discussion speaks volumes about one’s character…

Did you just call me a sea cucumber?

That's not allowed on the lodge.
    Did you just call me a sea cucumber?

That's not allowed on the lodge.

I always refrain from name calling online. I’m sure even a shitdick like you knows its not going to solve anything.:cool:
    I’m sure even a shitdick like you knows its not going to solve anything.:cool:

Did you read this on Briebart? **** that site!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement