Home The Lodge

This is the perfect metaphor for the current Republican Party

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Its also a pretty good description of what goes on at the Camp Pendleton gate on Saturday night.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Oh, and in my metaphor, the Democratic party is the trash receptacle the raccoon was found.

[Fair and Balanced!]
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,558 Senior Member
    Heartbreak_Ridge_quote.png
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    In actually impressed the guy pulled that off with the ****. I just trapped and released these three:

9d6bb620aef7b39bad6fdbb684360f26.jpg

Has anyone here ever handled a pissed off ****? They will seriously wreck you. I had a choke stick to subdue them and even with that they fight like hell cats.

I think this guy should be promoted.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever handled a pissed off ****?

Sherb... remind me why we wanted to win the Civil War again?
    Hextall wrote: »
    Sherb... remind me why we wanted to win the Civil War again?

I think the original plan was to burn it all to the ground and salt the earth but Abe went soft.
    What we needed was a strong Union College man at the helm during those troubled times. But Abe jumped the gun, and here we are talking about wrastlin' raccoons in a dumpster.
    Meanwhile in Yankee land:

A raccoon gets into an attic. Hex calls his local animal control (paid for by tax dollars). They destroy his insulation removing the critter. He is required by the health department to get checked for rabies and ordered to euthanize his cat.

And his garbage pickup still sucks.

Long live the South.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

9d6bb620aef7b39bad6fdbb684360f26.jpg

Interestingly, this photo is the perfect metaphor for the southern U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,296 Senior Member
    Wait... Yankee animal control removes raccoons?

Here in FL you have to pay a private contractor for that.
    Wait... Yankee animal control removes raccoons?

Here in FL you have to pay a private contractor for that.
    They have taxed everything. And look at the **** poor garbage pickup they have.

Privatize all the things!
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Interestingly, this photo is the perfect metaphor for the southern U.S.

Sure is. Since we let the Yankees start coming down, they've destroyed everything.
    In California you have to rent a humane trap, catch it, call animal control and they release it 100 yards from your backyard.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    In California you have to rent a humane trap, catch it, call animal control and they release it 100 yards from your backyard.
    That's hilarious. A whole 100 yards, huh?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,296 Senior Member
    Ya know Buffco, if you'd have dumped some gas into the dumpster after removing the raccoons, then set the gas on fire.... you'd have a perfect metaphor for the election...
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 353 Senior Member
    I can't figure out how to post a .gif, but heres a look to the funniest thing I've seen in while:

http://imgur.com/gallery/NvGPP87
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Nice, Cuddy!

More primate angst...

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/sr86e

• CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 353 Senior Member
    Who knew that they would spin when getting tossed?
    I'm going to apply for a grant and study this. I'll just drink beer and throw raccoons all day.
    That's hilarious. A whole 100 yards, huh?

Seriously. We lived next to river basin with a small tributary that was next to a public park. All wild public land. We would get whole families of raccoons in our neighborhood. If you caught one, they would release right back into that public land behind our house. They were pretty much adapted to people though. If you called them over, they would come towards you. We got a new neighbor (a total jerk) though that put out rat poison on them once. It was sad we saw one that was clearly poisoned drinking out of the pool. When animal control came to get him though, he ran away. So it took almost a year before they started coming back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement