Home The Lodge

So, is anyone not watching the "game" tonight?

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I just called Hannity, he said stop and frisk is ok because of the whole 3/5ths thing.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,684 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I just called Hannity, he said stop and frisk is ok because of the whole 3/5ths thing.

Is that science, or did God speak directly to him?
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    initial impressions: The Donald is Donald. Hillary Clinton looks like a person who could be President. Sorry, but she does.

2nd impression of the night: They are both idiots about stop and Frisk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/09/21/trump-calls-for-national-stop-and-frisk-policy-for-cops-does-it-work/

You also have to consider the impact the policy has on community relations. It helps to have the community as a whole on your side when fighting crime. If they see you as adversarial, it is not good.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Romney won his first debate... And Obama knew it.

It'll be very interesting to see how (and if) Trump changes up his preparation for the next one. Assuming he shows up.

I guarantee you Trump thinks he won.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

This^
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,022 Senior Member

The whole thing was just awful. He was a ranting idiot (which is his norm, but I thought he started out pretty well and had some slight hope). She didn't do anything fantastic, she had a few chances to completely slaughter him, especially with the nukes, and didn't go for the kill. Over all a total **** show. It actually made me miss a real debate like between Willard and Obama.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,255 Senior Member
    The moderator was biased but who didn’t see that coming. Trump did better than I expected.
    jbilly wrote: »
    She didn't do anything fantastic, she had a few chances to completely slaughter him, especially with the nukes, and didn't go for the kill.

I'd bet part of her debate strategy was to try to get under his skin and let him go off and not stop him. It seemed like only referring to him as "Donald" as if she's talking down to him was part of this plan.

I think it mostly worked, his rants about his temperament (all the while getting louder and louder) and his response about calling one of his pagaent winners Ms Housekeeper sort of got him to go off the rails. That he's spending today talking about Ms Housekeepers "massive weight gain" sort of means it worked... and is still working.

Hillary can probably make 5 or so commercials out of this debate.

Also, I was creeped out by her weird robotic smile. We're f-ed.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,684 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    The moderator was biased but who didn’t see that coming. Trump did better than I expected.

Could be. After all, he is a registered Republican.

Or are you referring to the fact that he had to remind Donald what the question was, but that Hillary's attention span was sufficient to stay on point most of the time.

Please explain.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    Trump did better than I expected.

Well, he didn't call her a c. So I guess you're right.
    George K wrote: »

I know a republican who's biased against Trump. For now.
    George K wrote: »

Or are you referring to the fact that he had to remind Donald what the question was, but that Hillary's attention span was sufficient to stay on point most of the time.

Please explain.
    I don't have time to explain now, but here read this.
    http://heatst.com/politics/lester-holt-the-third-debater/
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I know a republican who's biased against Trump. For now.

How could you watch that debate and vote for that guy?
    And now we have the excuse why Trump won't show for the next one... biased moderators. The next debate is moderated by CNN folks, while the third debate is by a Fox News guy.

Whining about his microphone being broken is the Benghazi of debate bias.
    How could you watch that debate and vote for that guy?

Because one thinks Hillary is the devil incarnate? And you can't or won't see that Trump doesn't give one **** about the working class of America unless it also lines his pockets?
    I don't have time to explain now, but here read this.
    http://heatst.com/politics/lester-holt-the-third-debater/

From that article... Trump said that he thought Lester did a great job. Was trump wrong?
    Because one thinks Hillary is the devil incarnate? And you can't or won't see that Trump doesn't give one **** about the working class of America unless it also lines his pockets?

Trust me, I'm not pulling the lever for her, but at least she looked like she could be President. And she seemed to understand that it was important to look that way.

She acted like a person for whom winning was important. Her composure and level of preparation tells me that she understands what's at stake and is prepared to pull out all the stops.

(I still don't want a bunch of ****'s with law degrees on the Supreme Court tho).
    So your best case scenario is Trump loses to Hillary, she gets a case of incapacitating pneumonia and Tim Kaine takes over, but pulls off a mask and he was Zombie Reagan all along.

This is possible.
    By the way, this is the person the Donald called "Ms. Piggy."

alicia-machado-miss-universe-2015-billboard-650.jpg

What a fatass. I don't know how she can even stand to look in the mirror.
    Here she is during the workout Trump forced her to do in front of reporters due to her "massive weight gain":

160516_dx_jumprope_gettyimages52011932.jpg.CROP.promovar-medium2.jpg
    From that article... Trump said that he thought Lester did a great job. Was trump wrong?
    That conclusion is up to the individual to draw I guess. I thought it was slightly biased. He pressed Donald on the outragous, and let Hill slide.
    You know, all of us guys have said intemperate things about women, especially when we were younger. But why double down on it? Why not just say, "she gained some weight, and I handled it badly, and for that I'm sorry. What I said was hurtful." But no, of course not. Her weight "gain" (what a joke. Donald should meet some women who actually look like women) inconvenienced him. And so of course he had to make it an issue.
    I thought it was slightly biased. He pressed Donald on the outragous, and let Hill slide.

What did Clinton say that you think he let her get away without followup? I actually didn't see the beginning (came in right at the birther question), so I might have missed something. But from what I did see, I felt that she actually answered his questions while Trump dodged and went off the rails.

I could see a lack of Benghazi/email server/Clinton Foundation questions when Tax returns (which I missed)/Birther/Woman hating/Howard Stern show comments were asked is a fair critique of Holt's moderating.
    You know, all of us guys have said intemperate things about women, especially when we were younger. But why double down on it? Why not just say, "she gained some weight, and I handled it badly, and for that I'm sorry. What I said was hurtful." But no, of course not. Her weight "gain" (what a joke. Donald should meet some women who actually look like women) inconvenienced him. And so of course he had to make it an issue.

He's a king in his court. He's not used to having to be humble. Humility is a trait that some people completely lack. I know a few. Most of them are very successful. Complete ****, but successful.
    What did Clinton say that you think he let her get away without followup? I actually didn't see the beginning (came in right at the birther question), so I might have missed something. But from what I did see, I felt that she actually answered his questions while Trump dodged and went off the rails.

I could see a lack of Benghazi/email server/Clinton Foundation questions when Tax returns (which I missed)/Birther/Woman hating/Howard Stern show comments were asked is a fair critique of Holt's moderating.

It's what he didn't ask her about, Super predator, deplorables, more questions about all the recent info on the email scandal, etc.
    Did Clinton say she wants to push for paid FMLA? That'll be a **** disaster.
    Your like that guy whose team loses 45 to 0 with 8 turnovers, who blames the referee for the loss because they missed a holding penalty.
  • DeadbaitDeadbait Member Posts: 85 Member
    Well I just watched the whole thing. Dang.
    Your like that guy whose team loses 45 to 0 with 8 turnovers, who blames the referee for the loss because they missed a holding penalty.

You mean a Pats fan?
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,022 Senior Member
    There was one really interesting thing she said about Iran that left me scratching my head. She mentioned that prior to the deal Iran was a couple weeks (I think she said weeks, but maybe months) away from having a bond and that they had enough material to build one. That left my puzzled as hell. Maybe I don't understand the deal fully, but if they actually were that close and they had the material, what happened to it? I don't recall ever seeing as part of the deal that they were giving up the material they had on hand? Am I missing something? It seemed like a very subtle point, but it seemed like a weird thing to say.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement