Home The Lodge

Not That It In Any Way Matters...

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 11,674 Senior Member

Replies

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    According to MNBC the Cheeto Chimp lies every 3 minutes so 31 seems like there are a few lies missing.

Sure seems that the electorate that supports Trump have set the bar so low that they don't care when he lies or what he lies about.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 3,099 Senior Member
    Everyone here agrees that politicians lie right? Trump is just playing the political game more openly and lying more often (maybe).
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I think it matters how and what a politician lies about tho. Hillary's lies are within normal parameters. Dubya's lies were within normal parameters.

Trump is resetting the bar to a hitherto unknown place.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Lying isn't limited to politicians. I'd bet that virtually everyone has lied.

So replacing politicians with people who don't lie is a fool's errand.
    I agree, however you and I might agree that science doesn't lie so let's Institute a system that relies on science and not political opinion and lies.
    Pictured: Ted Cruz extolling the virtues of Technocracy.

cruz-jeb-gif.gif
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    I agree, however you and I might agree that science doesn't lie so let's Institute a system that relies on science and not political opinion and lies.

Who's gonna science this science system?

(Please don't say men, please don't say men...)

Science, being a derivative branch of Philosophy, is not in any sense value free. Science can (and is) placed in the service of ideology, for good or ill.

<can't believe I'm being sucked in again>
    Buffco wrote: »
    Who's gonna science this science system?

Fine. I'll do it. It's not like I have anything else going on right now.

[calendar is empty until death]
    sherb wrote: »
    Science, being a derivative branch of Philosophy, is not in any sense value free. Science can (and is) placed in the service of ideology, for good or ill.

Scientific fact is not a derivative of philosophy and therefore should not be placed in the service of ideology, scientific fact stands alone and can only be corrupted by philosophy and/or ideology.
    Scientific fact is not a derivative of philosophy and therefore should not be placed in the service of ideology, scientific fact stands alone and can only be corrupted by philosophy and/or ideology.

Yes it is.

Now... one of us is lying. And only one of us is a scientist.

[checks insurance policy]

How you like them apples!
    Scientific fact says that global warming is harming the environment and we should stop burning fossil fuels, how is that a derivative of philosophy?
    Scientific fact says that global warming is harming the environment and we should stop burning fossil fuels, how is that a derivative of philosophy?

Get ready to be science-splain'd...

It's not necessarily harming the environment, as the earth has had multiple time frames where it was warmer than today. The issue is that it might harm man's inhabitation of earth. Environment <> Good livin' for people.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,674 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

Thank you Professor Lysenko.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,097 Senior Member
    I can't remember where I read it, but it was an editorial about why Trump gets a pass and Hillary doesn't.

The author's point was that Trump doesn't approach running for President as an election campaign, but rather as making a sale. The American people know he's not a politician but that he's a salesman. Americans expect salesman to lie, and we give them a pass.

Politicians are expected to hew somewhere closer to the truth, and Hillary is the epitome of the politician.

Trump starts from a different base line, right or wrong, from anybody in recent memory.
    Hextall wrote: »

It's not necessarily harming the environment, as the earth has had multiple time frames where it was warmer than today. The issue is that it might harm man's inhabitation of earth. Environment <> Good livin' for people.

Semantics, if it's harming the environment, it's harming man's inhabitation of earth.
    You say semantics. I say the lies of the ruling class.

(that how it works?)
    So far the lies of the ruling class are ruining the environment.
    I'm so turned around by the lies and the truth, I don't know what to do!

I guess I'll just stick with the thingamabobber.

See post No. 9. Who knows, Perhaps the earth can take care of itself. :)

http://forums.flyfisherman.com/showthread.php?13867-The-left-is-in-full-blown-panic-mode-over-the-latest-Polling-numbers
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

which of course implicates politics.
    So, it's men doing the sciencing?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,311 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    So, it's men doing the sciencing?
    It'll be an algorithm.

Developed by Dr. Arnim Zola.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,371 Senior Member
    The concept of the "environment" is a bourgeois construct of the ruling class! Simply a way to deny people energy credits.
    Up against the wall, mofo energy waster.
    George K wrote: »
    Up against the wall, mofo energy waster.
    No there will be no more crime under the science system. As we've learned from The Website, the only motivator for crime is greed because of the money system. Remove that, and all men will be just and peaceful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement