Home The Lodge

Happy Days Are Here Again - Or Will Be Soon

2

Replies

  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Tell is a little bit about yourself. Your hopes... Your dreams.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    Steven.... I've missed you like crazy.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Tell is a little bit about yourself. Your hopes... Your dreams.

    Right now, I'm hoping to find a decent pastrami sandwich.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Steven.... I've missed you like crazy.

    Hey man, I live walking distance to a corn field. It's almost like being you.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,017 Senior Member
    How many murders per day are there in the corn fields of Iowa? Asking for the sea cucumber community.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,661 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Hey man, I live walking distance to a corn field. It's almost like being you.

    No longer in Chicago?
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    So does this mean you gave up swindling old ladies out of their retirement savings and are now a farmer?
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,017 Senior Member
    Did you move so that you could dominate the court? Are there even 9 other guys in Iowa that know what a basketball is? Or are they too infatuated with corn and hog anuses?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Look it you with your Hardy reel. Next thing you know you'll be voting Republican.

    Conservative Party. God Save the Queen.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    So does this mean you gave up swindling old ladies out of their retirement savings and are now a farmer?

    1200.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,367 Senior Member
    Wow! Just in time for Rosh Hashanah! As the Shofar sounds, Will Steven repent of his abandonment of the Lodge? “Leshanah tovah tikateiv veteichateim,” (literally, may the Bears win the Super Bowl).

    Anyway, Welcome back Steven.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    How many murders per day are there in the corn fields of Iowa? Asking for the sea cucumber community.

    There aren't even any Black people for the cops to shoot here.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    No longer in Chicago?

    Urbandale Iowa
    It's a city but really it's a suburb of West Des Moines which in turn is really a suburb of Des Moines.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    So does this mean you gave up swindling old ladies out of their retirement savings and are now a farmer?

    It's worse. I'm an insurance exec.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Did you move so that you could dominate the court? Are there even 9 other guys in Iowa that know what a basketball is? Or are they too infatuated with corn and hog anuses?

    Basketball is a very big deal here but not nearly as big as wrestling. There's a local channel dedicated to nothing but Iowa high school wrestling
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,661 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Basketball is a very big deal here but not nearly as big as wrestling. There's a local channel dedicated to nothing but Iowa high school wrestling

    It must have something to do with the neurological effects of corn mold. Here in Feed Corn Central, PA high school wrestling is almost as big as high school football.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Urbandale Iowa
    It's a city but really it's a suburb of West Des Moines which in turn is really a suburb of Des Moines.

    Is that near Ottumwa, Radar's hometown? I would guess a Hockey team is out of the question..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Is that near Ottumwa, Radar's hometown? I would guess a Hockey team is out of the question..

    Mike

    Ottumwa is about 100 miles southeast.

    We have the Des Moines Wild, Minnesota's AHL affiliate.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,661 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Ottumwa is about 100 miles southeast.

    We have the Des Moines Wild, Minnesota's AHL affiliate.

    A curling team would brighten Ricinus' day considerably.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    A curling team would brighten Ricinus' day considerably.

    LOL. The great thing about curling is the party before and then the party after.. Hurry hard!!

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Iowa? ****? The culture shock must be unreal.

    Pro Tip: Stop searching for that good pastrami sandwich. It isn't going to happen so it is best to just accept your fate. Give in just like Sherb will in Election Day.


    Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    OK this is weird...Iowa? Are your kids in college in Iowa?
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    How are the gribines out in Iowa?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,226 Senior Member
    Close to SW WI for trout fishing!
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    OK this is weird...Iowa? Are your kids in college in Iowa?

    I know it sounds weird, but Iowa probably is the second biggest center of the life insurance industry in the country, only behind New York/New Jersey.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    Close to SW WI for trout fishing!

    Central Iowa is still well over 4 hours to Viroqua.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Iowa? ****? The culture shock must be unreal.

    Pro Tip: Stop searching for that good pastrami sandwich. It isn't going to happen so it is best to just accept your fate. Give in just like Sherb will in Election Day.


    Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

    The bbq here is very very good. The state dish though is the pork tenderloin sandwich. The pizza is OK but only thin crust.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    When you gonna tell us why you ditched? Details.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I know it sounds weird, but Iowa probably is the second biggest center of the life insurance industry in the country, only behind New York/New Jersey.

    So was this a promotion or change in companies?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,085 Senior Member
    New job. Change of companies.
    Long story short, it wasn't voluntary but turned out fantastically well.
    More Monday morning when I'm at a real keyboard.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement