Home The Lodge

Tell Us How You Really Feel, Mr Boehner

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 11,653 Senior Member
US presidential hopeful Ted Cruz has been called "Lucifer in the flesh" by the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner...

..."I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a **** in my life," he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36163188
The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Oh, snap!!!

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I would say johnny is enjoying his retirement.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,653 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I would say johnny is enjoying his retirement.

It has to be more fun than his last year or so in office
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    I was thinking this might be why Pence hasn't come out for Cruz. Maybe Pence simply doesn't like him.
    Steven wrote: »
    I was thinking this might be why Pence hasn't come out for Cruz. Maybe Pence simply doesn't like him.

I think maybe when we get caught up in the national circus, we forget that at bottom these guys are all just people. Crazy, narcissistic pathological people, but still people. So that's definitely a possibility. I'm surprised I hadn't considered it. I figured Pence was weighing his options and consulting the oracle and reading the tea leaves and all that. But maybe he just doesn't like Cruz. Sometimes its personal.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,012 Senior Member
    But maybe he just doesn't like Cruz.

Does anybody?
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    my wife and I are split on who is the worse of two evils -- Cruz or Trump. Sounds like Boehner is in her camp.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,283 Senior Member
    Does Boehner's criticism help or hurt Cruz? There's a fair number of Republicans who don't like Boehner, and think he compromised too much. I know, but that's what they perceive. Will criticism of Cruz and an acknowledged friendly association with Trump sway these people? Are there enough to make a difference? Does this change Trump's "outsider" status?

Also, what's the association between Trump and Boehner based on? A love of spray tanner? Are they both secret Oompa Loompas?

9f32ec6b18d420f5eb9260d6cf827ae3e1d47a4767894346f35f3db077f31f02_1.gif
    my wife and I are split on who is the worse of two evils -- Cruz or Trump. Sounds like Boehner is in her camp.

Trump, by a mile. It's hard to tell tho, since all of the shabby collaborators will come out of the woodwork now and back Trump, especially if he wins in Indiana. That's going to have ripple effects, and theywon't be to the benefit of Cruz.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    Trump, by a mile. It's hard to tell tho, since all of the shabby collaborators will come out of the woodwork now and back Trump, especially if he wins in Indiana. That's going to have ripple effects, and theywon't be to the benefit of Cruz.
    This. I don't understand how anyone could make the leap that Trump has any redeeming qualities that makes him more palatable than Cruz.
    Buffco wrote: »
    This. I don't understand how anyone could make the leap that Trump has any redeeming qualities that makes him more palatable than Cruz.
    He wasn't born in Canada?
    Does Boehner's criticism help or hurt Cruz? There's a fair number of Republicans who don't like Boehner, and think he compromised too much. I know, but that's what they perceive. Will criticism of Cruz and an acknowledged friendly association with Trump sway these people? Are there enough to make a difference? Does this change Trump's "outsider" status?

Also, what's the association between Trump and Boehner based on? A love of spray tanner? Are they both secret Oompa Loompas?

9f32ec6b18d420f5eb9260d6cf827ae3e1d47a4767894346f35f3db077f31f02_1.gif

Most excellent!
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    He wasn't born in Canada?

Hey!!!!

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

#1 redeeming quality....he is not a religious zealot nut bag like the Canadian.
    Here are some more quotes about Ted. The bad ones are "balanced" by others from Ryan, Mrs, Cruz and Carly Fiorina.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36164195
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    #1 redeeming quality....he is not a religious zealot nut bag like the Canadian.

this is my wife's argument, as well.

I personally think that Trump is quite religious, it's just that he worships himself, so it doesn't stand out quite as much.
    I personally think that Trump is quite religious, it's just that he worships himself, so it doesn't stand out quite as much.

Lol.

Neither have any redeeming qualities. I just think that Cruz is truly dangerous due to his bat-**** crazy, overzealous religious beliefs. I'm actively rooting for Trump solely because of the danger Cruz represents.
    The guy is an arsonist; he wants to see the government and all of its institutions burn to the ground. Compare that to Trump who is merely an unqualified egomaniac who will start WWIII. I think Cruz will do a fine job starting WWIII while also putting certain classes of American citizens in internment camps and reducing our economy to that of a third world nation. That and Jesus; lots more Jesus...

*hyperbole is on purpose
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,978 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Neither have any redeeming qualities. I just think that Cruz is truly dangerous due to his bat-**** crazy, overzealous religious beliefs.

^^^this^^^

tumblr_inline_mtsu07Az7N1qij8k6.jpg

grand stand much?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Neither have any redeeming qualities. I just think that Cruz is truly dangerous due to his bat-**** crazy, overzealous religious beliefs. I'm actively rooting for Trump solely because of the danger Cruz represents.
    The guy is an arsonist; he wants to see the government and all of its institutions burn to the ground. Compare that to Trump who is merely an unqualified egomaniac who will start WWIII. I think Cruz will do a fine job starting WWIII while also putting certain classes of American citizens in internment camps and reducing our economy to that of a third world nation. That and Jesus; lots more Jesus...

*hyperbole is on purpose
    You know this sounds just as crazy as righties calling Obama a Muslim Antichrist right?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    FishTX wrote: »
    ^^^this^^^

grand stand much?
    Puhlease. A politician kneeling in prayer. Like that's never happened before. Only it's grandstanding when Cruz does it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    FishTX wrote: »
    ^^^this^^^

grand stand much?
    The context makes it a little more understandable. They're praying for Saeed Abedini, a Christian Pastor who was imprisoned in an Iranian jail.

I still have issues with the interconnection politics and religion have in this country.

Edited to add: and I'm still not sure about Cruz. I did vote for him in the primary, but that was because I want a contested convention and I thought he had the best chance of forcing that.
    Buffy, I did say that I intended my statement to be hyperbolic.

What FishTX parsed out of my quote still holds true.

I'll make a deal with you rightwads: You can have all the **** guns you want. Take them to church and school and to the mall. Have at it! In return, I want any pretense of religion the hell out of my government. Deal? ;)
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member

Also Trump's brand is he gets deals done. Cruz's is he would rather burn down the whole **** thing than compromise.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    The context makes it a little more understandable. They're praying for Saeed Abedini, a Christian Pastor who was imprisoned in an Iranian jail.

I still have issues with the interconnection politics and religion have in this country.

Edited to add: and I'm still not sure about Cruz. I did vote for him in the primary, but that was because I want a contested convention and I thought he had the best chance of forcing that.

Cruz says he is a Christian first and then an American. Imagine if a Muslim were to say that.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,978 Senior Member
    I understand that, but why hold the prayer in front of the White House? The photo could very well be exactly what it seems to be, but Cruz still strikes me as somebody who needs to show how devout he is. And I'm only talking about Cruz here. I'm not questioning anybody else who was part of the prayer.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Chris, sent you an e-mail with an address to plug into google maps for fishing.
    Cruz says he is a Christian first and then an American. Imagine if a Muslim were to say that.

I haven't heard him say that, but not surprised. Just awful. And regarding Muslims...agreed.
    Chris, sent you an e-mail with an address to plug into google maps for fishing.

No need for PM...lets just share it with everyone. :D

50 N Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150

I think one could argue that the Canadian worships himself as much or even more than Trump. The wack job considers himself to be the freaking second coming.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement