Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,041 Senior Member
    If I cannot wear dreads because it is part of African culture, maybe she shouldn't wear a shirt.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    If I cannot wear dreads because it is part of African culture, maybe she shouldn't wear a shirt.

Or attend a university. Or have food.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    This sucks because this big pile of khat isn't going to chew itself.

[child soldier!]
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Ah the future of our country....

I agree. We need to go back to a time when the future of our country was when we could have dogs attack black people for trying to drink from our fountains! Make America Great Again!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,973 Senior Member
    Turns out they're also part of ancient Greek, Hindu, Native American, and possibly Israelite.

So much for cultural exclusivity.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    dumb, but not as dumb as appropriating General Tso's chicken.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Or attend a university. Or have food.

You may not have noticed it, but there was this line I was dancing on, you just jumped right over it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,215 Senior Member
    Is "chicken" some sort of Idaho code?

Asking for a friend.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    For a couple of years in High School I sported the guinea fro. Not something I am proud of, but at some point you just give up with the blow dryer.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,000 Senior Member
    "...when the majority culture attempts to strategically anti-essentialize itself by appropriating a minority culture, it must take great care to recognize the specific socio-historical circumstances and significance of these cultural forms so as not to perpetuate the already existing, majority vs. minority, unequal power relations." So there! (I wonder what that means)

BTW, this may have been a drama students stunt.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Beyonce' has white hair. I'm OK with it.
    But no more pastrami sandwiches for you guys. You just stick with ham and mayo.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,000 Senior Member
    I've had it with the cultural appropriation of "Our Favorite Jew (no not Abe; the J-man)" by the U-know-who. And our book!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEJD4cu5JJ0
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    You may not have noticed it, but there was this line I was dancing on, you just jumped right over it.
    There are no lines in comedy.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,424 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I agree. We need to go back to a time when the future of our country was when we could have dogs attack black people for trying to drink from our fountains! Make America Great Again!

As long as it is African dogs then I guess you are covered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.