Is Ted Cruz Now a Racists Too?

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I saw Trump standing in front of a picture of Pizzaro..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Yes technically mestizo only means mixed. But when most people think of Mexicans, they are thinking of those that are Spanish and Native.

See how far I will go to defend a point? ;)

I know its practically the national sport to talk about how racist America is, but when you go to Mexico. . .you can literally see the class differences based on skin color. Its quite stunning.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,171 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I don't think he is, as posted above, stupid

I was not clear. He isn't stupid, but his strict and narrow ideology often means he behaves that way. Such as the Muslim patrol comment. Even if calculated to appeal to a group of voters, he is smart enough to know that he would receive a lot of criticism, even from the right. Making the comment, despite knowing better, is stupid behavior. All of us make stupid mistakes, so I should not have said stupidity when I meant stupid behavior.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,171 Senior Member
    But when most people think of Mexicans, they are thinking of those that are Spanish and Native.
    Spanish and Native, or Spanish Speaking and Native? There is a lot of confusion over Latino and Hispanic or Latino and Latin (farther south). Divisions are not always clear even to to Hispanic Latinos or Hispanic non-Latinos. I wish I could find a good article I read on the subject.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,041 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Nobody's claimed Trump to be anti-Peruvian.

Well certainly not Peruvian Flake.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    sherb wrote: »
    I know its practically the national sport to talk about how racist America is, but when you go to Mexico. . .you can literally see the class differences based on skin color. Its quite stunning.

Actually I would put our respect for diversity up there against any other. That does not make us perfect. But we are a melting pot after all.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    My congressman.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm guessing your temporary congressman would not have the same view. ;)
    If I may pry a bit, does your Dad generally agree with the locals on their political views or not? I'm assuming he is an East Coast guy, right?

Not that East Coast has anything to do with one's political nature, but there is a big gulf between the culture of there and here.
    My father is a Reagan Republican raised by a New Deal Democrat. We are from the east coast. But from a tiny village called East Rochester. The village had two major employers, the car shop, which made railroad cars and the piano works. He spent his life as a general manager for hotels. I worked for him once. Actually one of the best bosses I ever had, fair man who treated his employees like family.

He supports Kasich and hates Trump. But not for the reasons I do. He just thinks Trump is a jerk. Politically he fits right in here. He turns 81 this year and he works as a bagger at Harmon's and at the local golf course maintaining the golf carts. He is very type A. He is not working for the money, he just can't sit home all day. He moved here for the skiing and the golf. I think he still shoots in the 80's.

Part of the reason, besides it made the most sense, I came here was this may be his final years and I did not get to see him much while I was taking care of my mom. I love him very much.

This was supposed to be very short term, but the unemployment rate is so low, that it seems like the better place to re-enter the job market. I was just casually looking and got an offer and I have another interview this morning with Xfinity.
    Sometimes things just fall into place. Sounds like you could be very happy there.

Mike
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I think it's racist that Jbilly pluralized racist in both the title and original post.
    That's what happens when you plagiarize..

Mike
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0

This was supposed to be very short term, but the unemployment rate is so low, that it seems like the better place to re-enter the job market. I was just casually looking and got an offer and I have another interview this morning with Xfinity.

Utah: Life Elevated.

How did that interview go?
    I decided to go with the first job. They asked one question that put it all in perspective, "Would you be able to carry a 75 pound ladder and climb 30' up a telephone pole in the winter."
    Yes, unemployment is really low here. Cost of living is good as well, especially compared to the Greater LA area, I bet.
    I'll get you up into the mountains fishing and you may want to stay!

It's good that you are able to spend time with your father.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    "Would you be able to carry a 75 pound ladder and climb 30' up a telephone pole in the winter."

Did you tell them to eat a bag of **** because you only work in metric?
    Yes, unemployment is really low here. Cost of living is good as well, especially compared to the Greater LA area, I bet.
    I'll get you up into the mountains fishing and you may want to stay!

It's good that you are able to spend time with your father.

I'll probably be good for the summer. They got a nice fly shop in town also.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Are you Mormon yet?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Born Catholic, will die Catholic.
    Well then, can I tell you about the other testament of Jesus Christ?
    And why are you, being a Catholic, celebrating the death of Jesus today?

Yep, some years ago I was actually asked this in regards to Good Friday.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,424 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I think it's racist that Jbilly pluralized racist in both the title and original post.

You never know when you need BOFA dez Ss
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,424 Senior Member
    I decided to go with the first job. They asked one question that put it all in perspective, "Would you be able to carry a 75 pound ladder and climb 30' up a telephone pole in the winter."

Congrats on the job offer. I bet you wont miss he traffic.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Don't fall for that B.S. Buffco. She'll suck a golf ball through 50 yards of garden hose.
    Well then, can I tell you about the other testament of Jesus Christ?

LOL

I have this Jewish friend that does not keep kosher. But he still will not eat pork. On all our fishing trips my South Jersey friend would always bring scrapple. Well one time my Jewish friend decided to try the scrapple. Right after he ate it, I looked him and said, "Now that you have had the scrapple, let me tell you about Jesus."
    And why are you, being a Catholic, celebrating the death of Jesus today?

Yep, some years ago I was actually asked this in regards to Good Friday.

That's funny my Protestant friends would always insist that Catholics didn't worship Jesus, we worshiped Mary.
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 399 Senior Member
    Born Catholic, will die Catholic.

Was at Stations of the Cross tonight. Same here.

Don't agree with them on much, but can't find anything more appeasing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.