My call:
Trump handily.... then Cruz
Hillary by a little
All of your Trout are belong to me.

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    I think it will be:
    Terrible Ted
    Cankles (seriously...you let me down Swizz ;))
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Sorry, I've been saying "Billary" lately because her ol man has been trying to stump for her.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Cruz and Sanders by a hair
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I think Trump will prevail but by just a hair -- I don't think his supporters are smart enough to FIND the caucus sites, and will end up getting lost.

Clinton by 4% margin.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I will bet it's a three way tie for both parties.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Cruz and Sanders by a hair

this ^^^^^^
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    Trump by fourty sevin percint.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    Is a caucus like a convention where people drop out after rounds of voting, and throw their support behind another candidate? Or is it the candidate with the highest percentage gets the win?
  • Idaho has a caucus. The caucus goers show up and announce their support for candidates and kind of mob up in a group. Its not very formal. Lots of shouting. I caucused for Barack Obama in 2008.

explainer here:

http://gizmodo.com/how-the-iowa-caucus-works-explained-by-lego-1756071805
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    Idaho has a caucus. The caucus goers show up and announce their support for candidates and kind of mob up in a group. Its not very formal. Lots of shouting. I caucused for Barack Obama in 2008.

explainer here:

http://gizmodo.com/how-the-iowa-caucus-works-explained-by-lego-1756071805

Why? To try to vote out Hillary?
  • My wife went to a Barack Rally and was enraptured with his sonorous voice and soaring rhetoric and asked me to caucus for her. It was filled with the type of low information millennials I really enjoy spending time around, except then they were in their teens and early 20s'. A lot of the caucus-goers were voting for the first time.

I voted for McCain.
    my wife and I attended the Washington state caucus in 2008. She was solidly in Hillary's camp -- as she is today -- and I had just attended an Obama rally and was pretty gung ho to support him. The glare of disapproval I got as our table ended up supporting Obama was unlike anything I'd seen from her since the days early in our relationship when I was dumb enough to beat her at "Monopoly" and then gloat about it.
  • I saw a sign this weekend for the Chicago Republican Party. Didn't even know we had one.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    Trump wins. If the blizzard holds off Bernie has a good shot, a storm probably favors Hillary.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Everything about Trump supporters suggest that they won't turn out. Low information, independents, etc. Cruz's people will be out in force.

On the other hand, Trump has jumped out to such a big lead that he may not need to get out the vote. He has the numbers.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    Everything about Trump supporters suggest that they won't turn out. Low information, independents, etc. Cruz's people will be out in force.

On the other hand, Trump has jumped out to such a big lead that he may not need to get out the vote. He has the numbers.

That was my thought.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • High turnout...bad news for Cruz. Good news for Bernie

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,586 Senior Member
    Ted Schicklgruber

Bernie
  • How'd Rubio do?
  • the numbers are just now coming in. Rubio is in a distant third. Cruz ahead by a hair.
  • Thus far, high turnout is not helping Sanders.
    so far it sounds like the big story is going to be Rubio beating expectations -- by quite a bit, seemingly. Trump coming in second is simply icing on the cake. Bets on how hard he doubles down on stupid?

The Dem race is bothering me. I wanted Hillary by a larger margin, and now it's not even clear that she'll win.
  • 97% reporting on the GOP side: Cruz in first, Trump in second . .but Rubio only 400 votes behind.

Sanders/Clinton neck and neck. Too close to call right now.
  • so far it sounds like the big story is going to be Rubio beating expectations -- by quite a bit, seemingly. Trump coming in second is simply icing on the cake. Bets on how hard he doubles down on stupid?.

wait, so if the Donald doesn't win, what does that make him?

giphy.gif

• The Dem race is bothering me. I wanted Hillary by a larger margin, and now it's not even clear that she'll win.

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/694366828919914496

lol.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    Who is the only one to get it right....
    jbilly wrote: »
    I think it will be:
    Terrible Ted
    Cankles (seriously...you let me down Swizz ;))
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,318 Senior Member
    I am actually happy with Rubio's showing. If Kasich can do something similar the nut job wing of the party could be more vulnerable than we had thought. I mean all those polls were giving Trump 38%. Maybe Nate Silver has a point.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I love watching Ted Cruz gloat, it is so funny. Someone should remind him that the last winner was Rick Santorum.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,586 Senior Member
    I love watching Ted Cruz gloat, it is so funny. Someone should remind him that the last winner was Rick Santorum.

No kidding! All the Iowa R Caucus means is that you are the #1 Jesus freak.
    Bush actually beat Reagan in Iowa.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.