So the Donald is sitting out the next debate?

2»

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    He has a knack for dominating the news cycle, that's for sure. If Trump drops out, CNN will have to go back to looking for that plane.

Er, someone found it. Perhaps it will be all Cruz all the time.

BTW, I was told that his nickname on the hill, the family friendly one at least, is "Doble", as in Doble Cruz
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Steven wrote: »
    I think he shows up late, heckles from the back, then throws his Allen Edmonds at Cruz.

You can knock me down,
    Step in my face,
    Slander my name,
    All over the place

But. Don't. You. Knock. Alan. Edmonds. Shoes.

Expensive but worth every penny. They were the only dress shoes that ever fit me perfectly, they last forever and their reasonably priced "rebuilding" service returns them like new but already broken-in. These days I rarely wear dress shoes. The only casual shoes that reliably fit me well are New Balance/Dunham.
  • Not me. Love 'em.

sherb needs a pair.
    Not me. Love 'em.

sherb needs a pair.

Lots nicer than Chacos.

But you will have soiled my happy day if it turns out that Darth Trump actually wears them.
  • He actually has his own line of suits, ties and shirts. But I don't think shoes.
    He actually has his own line of suits, ties and shirts. But I don't think shoes.

True Confession - I once bought a Trump tie but then cut the label off.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,318 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    You can knock me down,
    Step in my face,
    Slander my name,
    All over the place

But. Don't. You. Knock. Alan. Edmonds. Shoes.

Expensive but worth every penny. They were the only dress shoes that ever fit me perfectly, they last forever and their reasonably priced "rebuilding" service returns them like new but already broken-in. These days I rarely wear dress shoes. The only casual shoes that reliably fit me well are New Balance/Dunham.

I was raised a Florsheim guy myself. But we weren't a bunch of dandies.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    I was raised a Florsheim guy myself.
    I've only owned one pair, but they are the best dress shoes I've had and reasonably priced for us cheapskates.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    He actually has his own line of suits, ties and shirts. But I don't think shoes.

Mostly made in China. Have you ever seen the Letterman clip? It's great.

https://youtu.be/SYoOPgeTMQc
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    That was hilarious
  • I have that purple striped tie. It goes nice with a light gray suit.
    I was raised a Florsheim guy myself. But we weren't a bunch of dandies.

You were upscale. I was raised on Thom Mcan back when they were a chain of inexpensive shoe stores, then wore mostly Florsheim. It was in the 1970s that I discovered Alan Edmonds in a PX catalog. It was a revelation to me that there were shoes that fit me without compromises and which I could wear all day without pain.

I still have the shoes I bought 30-40 years ago.
    I have that purple striped tie. It goes nice with a light gray suit.

Wearing the purple, eh?
  • Like a Boss - or a Phoenician King, I guess.
    Go for it..
    I have a pink tie.
    George K wrote: »
    You were upscale. I was raised on Thom Mcan back when they were a chain of inexpensive shoe stores, then wore mostly Florsheim. It was in the 1970s that I discovered Alan Edmonds in a PX catalog. It was a revelation to me that there were shoes that fit me without compromises and which I could wear all day without pain.

I still have the shoes I bought 30-40 years ago.

That was an exaggeration, because when I was a kid it was Buster Brown's and Hush Puppies. My dad wore the Florsheims. I got my first pair in my twenties and I had a job where I was on my feet all day, they made a difference. I never heard of the Alan Edmonds.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Buffco wrote: »
    I have a pink tie.

You do realize who popularized the pink tie, yes?

(By the way, I have a couple. Only to be worn in spring or summer, of course).
  • I was going to let George slide, but it's being repeated.

Allen. Not Alan.
  • On the topic, the shoes sold by Brooks Bros. are Allen Edmonds rebranded.
    You do realize who popularized the pink tie, yes?

(By the way, I have a couple. Only to be worn in spring or summer, of course).
    Who?
  • The Donald. They became popular after he wore a couple on The Apprentice.

Steven Tyler had feathers in his hair, Donald had pink ties.
    I was going to let George slide, but it's being repeated.

Allen. Not Alan.

My bad.

Comic - I forgot about Buster Browns. My mother took me to A&S, where they had a concession - do you remember looking at your foot bones through the now-banned fluoroscope?
    We didn't have that in Corning.
    The very best headline on this, "Donald Ducks Out of the Debates."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.