So the Donald is sitting out the next debate?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/01/27/fox-responds-to-trump-s-debate-boycott.html

It will probably end up boosting his ratings. Whatever. This guy is a petulant cry-****.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    But he is getting a lot of press. And he got you to forward even more information about him, good, bad, or indifferent, so who's winning?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I read it was because they wouldn't have the debate at the Moscow Trump Tower. True story.
  • He has a knack for dominating the news cycle, that's for sure. If Trump drops out, CNN will have to go back to looking for that plane.
  • Hextall wrote: »
    I read it was because they wouldn't have the debate at the Moscow Trump Tower. True story.

Ha.

I have no idea if this is good for him or bad. Ben White (Politico) was on CNBC this morning. Said he wasn't even sure.
  • I thought the Fox tweet was really funny.
    The new Republican lineup for the debate is going to guarantee to be a shootem up good time.

CZvPmbQXEAE1j_8.jpg
    They'll still have a podium set up for Trump though, right?
  • I think he shows up late, heckles from the back, then throws his Allen Edmonds at Cruz.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,988 Senior Member
    I hope they spend the whole debate talking crap about him.

One of the talking heads pointed out that so far nobody has done any negative advertising on him nor has he gotten near the scrutiny from the press that Romney or Obama has received. I mean even the guys on Morning Joe need knee pads for their interviews with him.

Seriously if he is intimidated by Meagan Kelly, how the hell are his deals with Putin going to be terrific?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    I thought the Fox tweet was really funny.

It was awesome.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Does anybody have the tweet?
    “We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”
  • “We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”

Yeah, not bad at all. kudos.

I personally would enjoy nothing better than being berated by the comely Megyn Kelly, but you know, different strokes and all that.
    This wasn't a tweet but a statement by foxnews earlier this week:

“We learned from a secret back channel, that the ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”
    sherb wrote: »
    I personally would enjoy nothing better than being berated by the comely Megyn Kelly, but you know, different strokes and all that.

My bestest of friends went to high school with her. She was a bit of a party girl. Godbless her!
  • Hextall wrote: »
    My bestest of friends went to high school with her. She was a bit of a party girl. Godbless her!

Really? Geez, how is it that I managed to get through life without any connection to anyone famous or attractive?
    Really? Geez, how is it that I managed to get through life without any connection to anyone famous or attractive?

Lipski not handsome enough?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,144 Senior Member

Heh. Strokes.
    Dude, you know me and Hextall. Who else do you need?
  • Buffco wrote: »
    Heh. Strokes.

proof positive of my theory that everyone is basically stuck in Junior High school forever.

If I thought it would help, I would switch parties.

You know there are times I can see Adam's choice.
    proof positive of my theory that everyone is basically stuck in Junior High school forever.

Add in that I have no shot with Megyn and it's like reliving that Jr. High nightmare all over again.
    Every time I see Megyn Kelly, I have a stroke.
    Buffco wrote: »

And you want to be paid for these jokes?
    And you want to be paid for these jokes?
    You chuckled, admit it.

anyone else notice the use of the singular? I bet Mrs. Buffco does.
  • Buffco wrote: »
    Dude, you know me and Hextall. Who else do you need?

Bullet in the head?
    You chuckled, admit it.

It won't fit in my Tonight show set.
    It won't fit in my Tonight show set.

Email me your bit. I'll work it in.

And I promise not to CC Amy Schumer.
  • Guys, remember when it was crazy/outrageous that a candidate would scream BYAAAH at a rally? Times have changed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.