Proof that bush and blair knew there were no WMD in Iraq

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,926 Senior Member
These two war criminals should be in jail.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/revealed-bush-and-blair-went-to-war-in-iraq-despite-south-african-intelligence-proving-no-wmds/

REVEALED: Bush and Blair went to war in Iraq despite South African intelligence proving no WMDs

Tony Blair went to war in Iraq despite a report by South African experts with unique knowledge of the country that showed it did not possess weapons of mass destruction, according to a book published on Sunday.

Related: Tony Blair makes qualified apology for Iraq war ahead of Chilcot report

God, Spies and Lies, by South African journalist John Matisonn , describes how then president Thabo Mbeki tried in vain to convince both Blair and President George W Bush that toppling Saddam Hussein in 2003 would be a terrible mistake.

Mbeki’s predecessor, Nelson Mandela, also tried to convince the American leader, but was left fuming that “President Bush doesn’t know how to think”.

The claim was this week supported by Mbeki’s office, which confirmed that he pleaded with both leaders to heed the WMD experts and even offered to become their intermediary with Saddam in a bid to maintain peace.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,584 Senior Member
    So this is proof? They knew because South Africa told them? Yes because when it comes to gathering intelligence on foreign countries, nobody does it better than the South African secret service.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    Read the full article.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,991 Senior Member
    They won't be sent to jail, so why get your undies in a bundle about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Joe K. wrote: »
    They won't be sent to jail, so why get your undies in a bundle about it.

They're not, why are yours in a bunch because I posted this article?
    EdB wrote: »
    Read the full article.

I did the question still applies?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    EdB wrote: »
    They're not, why are yours in a bunch because I posted this article?
    My undies are never in a bundle Ed.

Let it go dude...

Joe K. wrote: »
    My undies are never in a bundle Ed.

Let it go dude...

How about you let me go dude.....
    He can't quit you.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    He's "Never gonna give you up."
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    "Never gonna let you down"..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Never gonna run around and desert you

Is it possible that Ed is the last remaining original member of this board?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Is it possible that Ed is the last remaining original member of this board?
    How do you define original member? I was here when it was the old school cascading format... But eddie2belt was already raising hell and taking names.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member
    What Hextall said.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Hextall wrote: »
    How do you define original member? I was here when it was the old school cascading format... But eddie2belt was already raising hell and taking names.

Was that when it was the VFS?
    Was that when it was the VFS?

Yup. then they sold it to flyfisherman magazine and the rest as they say, is a shitshow.
    I came here just a couple months before the VFS got sold.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    holy f... I just realized I've been posting here since probably 1999. 16 years. Old enough to drive my sorry **** **** out.
    I was with VFS for a long time before it became the Lodge. In the interregnum Hextall (I think) organized a mini board that I was part of.
    George K wrote: »
    I was with VFS for a long time before it became the Lodge. In the interregnum Hextall (I think) organized a mini board that I was part of.

I thought it was a guy from the Midwest.

George K wrote: »

GLFA?

Enemy of Carp was the dude that started that one during the split (he still owes me a picture of himself, son of a gun!). It was run by the children and ultimately, we needed adult supervision and ate ourselves to death. But we used it as a staging ground for secret plannings to torment posters here (mainly Robert Burton and a few choice others).
    It started around the same time as when the Clan all left together.

Quick GLFA story:
    I think that before the Clan all left here for their own ****, there was some kind of donation drive here and someone was asking questions about it, and Bux replied "Shut up and give." Which, as expected, caused all of us children to rage in our cages like chimps throwing feces. So a few days after that, one of the more genteel Clansmen posted something on GLFA and Stuck_in_KS posted "F*** you and give" and that genteel Clansmen lost his mind. That was a glorious day.
    Ah yes, I remember it well........ Well, maybe not so well.
    So did VFS and GLFA know if there were WMDs in Iraq?

I've been around since VFS

I remember the split and then the invites to the new boards. Savannah told be to sign up at the GOTC, and fishslime invited me to the GLFA. The latter being more fun. I thought GLFA closed because EoC didn't have the time or money to keep it up.

I think that was it.
    Because we're all in confession...

EoC was actually the most mature of the jackasses, and late in GLFA's run, when another splinter group formed and started another secret forum, Los Ballers, I think he just had enough and shut the whole site down.

Cherno was on a mission to find out what was going on behind the scenes at GLFA. It was his cutest jihad.
  • DeadbaitDeadbait Member Posts: 85 Member
    How deep are you?
    Balls deep.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    I was FF5.
    Is this a coordinated effort? I lost my copy of the peace proposal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.