Paris

ricinusricinus Senior MemberPosts: 6,214 Senior Member
Sounds like all Hell is breaking loose. Hope they can gain control soon..

Mike
My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Replies

• swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    My nephew and his wife live there... I'm concerned.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,204 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »

Sincerely hope they are safe.

Now being the insensitive GOPer I am (someone had to say it sooner or later, so whatever)....this never would have happened with stricter gun laws and open borders. I am shocked.

Thank goodness we don't have to worry about ISIS anymore though.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/13/obama-isis-is-not-getting-stronger-we-have-contained-them/
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,813 Senior Member
    Man, just terrible. Time for France to step up and go crush ISIS.
    Swizz, I hope your relatives are safe.
    I turned it over to Faux News to see if they had yet blamed Obama. Not yet, but by tomorrow I'm sure they will. I will say their coverage is horrendous, no facts, just speculation and cutting in to European news agencies coverage, some of it in French. At one point, the talking head **** said "It looks like we're in a news vacuum." Yeah... ya think?
    At least CNN is talking to actual reporters on the ground.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I turned it over to Faux News to see if they had yet blamed Obama. Not yet, but by tomorrow I'm sure they will. I will say their coverage is horrendous, no facts, just speculation and cutting in to European news agencies coverage, some of it in French. At one point, the talking head **** said "It looks like we're in a news vacuum." Yeah... ya think?
    At least CNN is talking to actual reporters on the ground.

Well to be fair I wouldn't say this is Obama's fault. It is everyone's fault for watching Syria implode. I don't think anyone should be shocked by this one bit.
    Totally agree, Jim.
    It's go time for France. No longer a law enforcement problem for them; time to go kick some ****.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,891 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Well to be fair I wouldn't say this is Obama's fault. It is everyone's fault for watching Syria implode. I don't think anyone should be shocked by this one bit.

You might be jumping to conclusions just like some of the media. It isn't known yet which group did this or their motivation. It could be Al Qaeda or some home-grown French group, of which there are many.

OTOH one eye witness is quoted as saying a theater gunman said something to the effect that this payback for French involvement in Syria. As several talking heads noted, if this was ISIS it signifies that they have reached a heretofore lacking degree of planning and coordination that bodes ill for all opposing them.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,762 Senior Member
    It is doubtful these were refugees. This took planning training and preparation. These guys knew where and when to attack.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    George K wrote: »
    OTOH one eye witness is quoted as saying a theater gunman said something to the effect that this payback for French involvement in Syria. As several talking heads noted, if this was ISIS it signifies that they have reached a heretofore lacking degree of planning and coordination that bodes ill for all opposing them.

I had always read that what separates ISIS is the level of training, professionalism, and discipline.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member

this is where Facebook is proving it's worth -- I have a few acquaintances who live in Paris, one just 5 minutes walk from the theater where concert was shot up. Via Facebook I've already heard from both of them, assuring friends and family that they are ok.

if you are on FB, you can use this to check on people who are in the vicinity of the attacks:

https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/paris_terror_attacks/?pnref=story
    Glad to hear about your friends.

Praying for your family Swizz.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Sincerely hope they are safe.

Now being the insensitive GOPer I am (someone had to say it sooner or later, so whatever)....this never would have happened with stricter gun laws and open borders. I am shocked.

Thank goodness we don't have to worry about ISIS anymore though.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/13/obama-isis-is-not-getting-stronger-we-have-contained-them/

Well it is disappointing that you have no more class than Trump and Gingrich. We now know what they mean by ugly American.

I would also point out that terrorism is the tactic of the weak. This is no indication of the strength of ISIS regardless of what the fools at Brightfart have to say.
    Stay classy, Faux! They just showed cell phone video of dead and dying people outside the theater. Effing disgusting! No one needed to see that.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,608 Senior Member
    jbilly was right it seems; the French are blaming ISIS. That they could stage this under the radar means the ante is upped significantly.

Chris - They have not shown this level of planning and the ability to go completely undetected on a large scale before.
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 396 Senior Member
    Prayers to your family swizz.
    **** it, I am so sick of this crap. Our news and the Republicans for the same despicable reasons are sensationalizing this out of proportion. Look people ISIS did not launch a major ****ing offensive! At the end of the day it was 8 nutjobs launching a larger version of Sandy Hook. I am not trying to downplay this, it is a horrible tragedy, but for cripes sake, at the same time let's not turn this into Pearl ****ing Harbor.

Let's kill them all, and get justice for this. But this is not some sign that ISIS has become a major power in the world.

Let the flame war begin.
    **** it, I am so sick of this crap. Our news and the Republicans for the same despicable reasons are sensationalizing this out of proportion. Look people ISIS did not launch a major ****ing offensive! At the end of the day it was 8 nutjobs launching a larger version of Sandy Hook. I am not trying to downplay this, it is a horrible tragedy, but for cripes sake, at the same time let's not turn this into Pearl ****ing Harbor.

Let's kill them all, and get justice for this. But this is not some sign that ISIS has become a major power in the world.

Let the flame war begin.

Don't disagree. But it will be interesting to see how the Democrats handle this at the debate. And how FOX & the Republicans can twist it thereafter.
    We already know how the Republicans will twist it.
    Swizz - any word from your relatives?
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    All is well and thank you everyone for the thoughts.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,957 Senior Member
    This is no indication of the strength of ISIS regardless of what the fools at Brightfart have to say.

They sure got everyone's attention for being a bunch of weak uncoordinated fools.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Good news indeed.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Islamophobia is running rampant up here. Let the paranoia begin. Just what ISIL wanted..

Mike
    It is doubtful these were refugees. This took planning training and preparation. These guys knew where and when to attack.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/619447/Paris-terrorist-Syrian-refugee-Greece-government-official

EDITED to add different link.

Looks like the above link isnt working, but this one should.
    http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-linked-paris-attacks-registered-migrants-greece-195255102.html

Excellent news.
    ricinus wrote: »
    Islamophobia is running rampant up here. Let the paranoia begin. Just what ISIL wanted..

Mike

Wait. I'm as peace-loving as they come, but are you going to try and sell me on the "most islamics are peace-loving people" crap? Because it is crap. Let them be vocal in reigning in their fringe-elements. They are quiet as church mice. So, to me, the "islamaphobia" has a justiafiable element to it. How much more dead innocent folks you want to see before you want someone to lift a finger to stop it?
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,971 Senior Member
    Good news Swizz.

It seems some, like Cruz, are calling for more bombing with less regard for killing innocent people. That's how you turn the ones we are helping against us. Killing their families and friends.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Good news Swizz.

It seems some, like Cruz, are calling for more bombing with less regard for killing innocent people. That's how you turn the ones we are helping against us. Killing their families and friends.

Well this is war and this just kill the bad guys mindset is ludicrous. There are innocent casualties in war, we need to get down to business and get it done.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    mikgaes wrote: »
    Wait. I'm as peace-loving as they come, but are you going to try and sell me on the "most islamics are peace-loving people" crap? Because it is crap. Let them be vocal in reigning in their fringe-elements. They are quiet as church mice. So, to me, the "islamaphobia" has a justiafiable element to it. How much more dead innocent folks you want to see before you want someone to lift a finger to stop it?

I wonder if the same type of things were said when those of Japanese descent were rounded up and sent to Internment camps.. You really want to stop terrorism, get rid of the refugee camps and give people some hope. Unless you fix the root problems, these camps will just keep pumping out extremists faster than they can be killed..

Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.