Consequences

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,926 Senior Member
Over 4000 refugees from the chaos of U.S. intervention in the Middle East have died and many more displaced as they flee from the horrors of war.

http://videos.telesurtv.net/en/video/463890/the-empire-files-463890

The Empire Files - The Censored Reality Of The Refugee Crisis

Friday October 30, 2015

The Empire Files

Today 60 million human beings are displaced by war and extreme poverty. Many European countries are responding to the crisis with racist hysteria and polices, backed by police measures. Abby Martin exposes the facts that are left out of the mainstream reporting: the role of criminal wars, disastrous neoliberal economics and why mass displacement is a permanent feature under this system.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,584 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    She says the Arab world has been fighting each other for 1400 years, that's true and that's the reason why the west cannot change the status quo by invading and occupying Arab countries as the British, the Russians, and now the Americans have found out. All we have accomplished is increasing the death and destruction of the innocent people there, meanwhile the Arab oil and gas that we tried to control continues to reach the world market regardless of who the current people in power are. The only people who benefit from our war crimes of invasion are the arms manufacturers and the military industrial complex.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,946 Senior Member
    War, the only winning move is not to play.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.