Income inequality

2»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    So they should support politicians that would take away their rights? Gee you think that the Heritage Foundation might have a bias?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,941 Senior Member
    Or maybe not support politicians at all?

Maybe if the unions used dues to actually support workers instead of the democratic machine people would want to join. Just imagine if the billions of dollars of union dues that have been sent to politicians had been put into pension plans instead? What if the unions could advertise they they have over funded pension plans and raises in projected pension benefits? Maybe that would attract workers? Instead they are underfunded and the money goes into democratic coffers.
    If politicians are actively working against the worker's interest, shouldn't the union be working to protect worker's rights? Shouldn't they have the same rights as tobacco companies?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    If politicians are actively working against the worker's interest, shouldn't the union be working to protect worker's rights?

Which politicians are these and what exactly are they doing to work against workers rights and interests?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    They are called Republicans, if you actually paid attention to what is happening in the world instead of bragging that you do not watch the news, you would know.
    Lol. OK. So what exactly are these republicans doing?

Hmmmm... Imagine being told after 30 years of working for a company, that the pension you were promised is now going to be cut in half. I thought unions were protecting workers interests?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/27/retirement/ups-pension-cuts-central-states/

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/07/retirement/central-states-pension-fund-cuts/index.html?iid=EL

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/07/teamsters-pension-fund-warns-400000-of-cuts.html

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Lets have a poll to guess the next thing Joe blames unions for...

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Is the union not responsible for this mismanagement of funds?

Or was it the greed of some corporation or evil republican ?

The way I see it, the promised pension is a contractual union obligation.

Joe K. wrote: »

Hey you are the one that chooses to brag about your ignorance. I do not have the time to instruct you.
    So in other words...you got nuthin.

But a lot of those companies went bankrupt after the industry was deregulated in the 1980s.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-12-04/news/8903150317_1_pension-funds-pension-law-millions-of-american-workers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/30/ronald-reagan-middle-class_n_6578130.html
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,576 Senior Member
    So in other words...you got nuthin.

Excellent presentation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.